Top speed limited in Lucid Air

Add me to the list of not having tried Launch mode yet. Someday.
Same. Should have played with it in the black one before I sold it. (Or a loaner … 🤣)

Next time you go to the track, could you please record it on a POV recording?
Taking the Lucid to the track is something ice always wanted to do, but am really on the fence about it.
And there's currently 0 videos of anyone driving the Lucid hard around turns in A POV view. Even the videos of the Stig are either from outside, overhead, or we're staring at the Stig and not the road.
I will take some in car video and post.

Exactly. I’ve never approached speeds of 168 mph in either the Air GT or our former Tesla Model S. But I’ll tell you this much - At 130 mph, the Air GT tracks with the unerring, rock-solid stability of a French TGV high speed train. The Model S twitched and floated albeit to a mild degree, but enough to leave one a little disconcerted.

As an aside, at those speeds wind noise increased in my Air GT for sure, but the Model S, with the sashless windows being sucked off the cantrails, simply ROARED.
So much great stuff from smart people on this thread 🧵! That said, I can tell you that the speedometer on a Lucid Air (non Sapphire) will go up to at least 171 & it’s completely solid, planted, quiet & CONFIDENT! And if you want to make an argument that anyone going that speed is an idiot, you’ll get no argument from this idiot, me 🤐

So much great stuff from smart people on this thread 🧵! That said, I can tell you that the speedometer on a Lucid Air (non Sapphire) will go up to at least 171 & it’s completely solid, planted, quiet & CONFIDENT! And if you want to make an argument that anyone going that speed is an idiot, you’ll get no argument from this idiot, me 🤐
lol true, but since the speedo also lies by 2mph, I guess technically that means the top speed is *actually* 169

which is fine, i'll take it, lol

lol true, but since the speedo also lies by 2mph, I guess technically that means the top speed is *actually* 169

which is fine, i'll take it, lol
Mine lies by 1 mph, tested with GPS and radar scanner 😁

Update: The model s AWD top speed was reduced to 130, making it even less than the Lucid, this coincides with the EPA's new test regulations. The Plaid TrackPak is unchanged.

Only thing that really piqued my interest was because the Model S is limited right at 200 mph.

So I was just wondering why such a large limitation on a sports car Lucid is basically trying to hit performance numbers on? Even the air performance.

The tires makes sense. But does that mean the Model S has higher than Y?
I think Elon has amply demonstrated that he doesn't mind killing his customers.

The sapphire has a 205mph top speed so is Lucid trying to kill customers too?
No, but before the track pack, the Plaid was trying to kill people with it undersized brakes. That's my guess. But let's take this thread into another Tesla vs Lucid discussion so we can lock it again 😁

the comment I responded to suggested that. And then you said no, the sapphire is on correct tires. Implied that Tesla is not. But gotcha 👍
You need to read the thread in it's entirety because you are taking many comments out of context.

My first thought was the same thing that @xponents said above. I think back in the '80s OR '90s the German auto manufacturers voluntarily agreed to limit their cars to a top speed of 155 mph and in exchange for that the German government was not going to put a speed limit on the autobahn. If they had not voluntarily limited their cars, the German government was going to implement a speed limit at different points on the Autobahn.

But having said that, I assume they could have just software Limited the European models to 155 and left ours alone. So the answers above are probably more accurate in that it's a safety issue
I've hit 185+ mph in an M6 grand coupe on the autobahn.

Back