Why can't your turn off your Lucid Air!!! This is basic functionality

vhroche

Cars
Luciar Air Touring
I need to leave my car open, at the house or at my hangar. Windows down, doors open. Why can't you do such a basic task that all other cars do.
Orientation had the car On when I took delivery. After 2 miles when I got home, my first call to support was to discover your can't turn in off.
I would have not taken delivery should I have known....
Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.
18th month to go..

I've wondered this too.

What exactly do you mean by "turn off"? You can turn off passive locking, so that the car will not lock unless you explicitly lock it.

I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking for. You can leave the windows down. You can turn off passive locking so the car won’t lock while you walk away.

Alternatively, you can turn on “climate keep” and it will keep the car in the exact state you want for hours.

What would “turning the car off” mean, in this context?

I’m very glad the car doesn’t have an on/off button. I cannot tell you the number of times I forget to turn off my wife’s Ioniq 5, and I cannot count the number of times she forgets lol. I built a Home Assistant automation *specifically* to turn the car off when she forgets lol.

I just want to leave the car unlocked in the garage, as I use the fob but only carry it when I'm about to drive the car. Is this possible now?

I just want to leave the car unlocked in the garage, as I use the fob but only carry it when I'm about to drive the car. Is this possible now?
Yup. Turn off passive lock in settings.

It’s not geofenced, so you’ll have to manually lock it with the fob (or pushing in the door handle) whenever you want to lock it.

Yup. Turn off passive lock in settings.
It’s not geofenced, so you’ll have to manually lock it with the fob (or pushing in the door handle) whenever you want to lock it.
Thanks!

I need to leave my car open, at the house or at my hangar. Windows down, doors open. Why can't you do such a basic task that all other cars do.
Orientation had the car On when I took delivery. After 2 miles when I got home, my first call to support was to discover your can't turn in off.
18th month to go..
I don’t think I’ve ever had any car (ICE or EV) that needed an option of turning off to leave the doors open. I’ve never considered it.

I’ve aired cars out with windows open and the Lucid can do that, locked or unlocked, with the windows open while it sleeps.

If I understand you correctly, you want the option to leave the doors open, walk away and the car sleeps?

You always want what you don't have... our EV9 has a horrible start/stop button you need to press EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you want to turn off or on the car.

Its just... ugh. I would much rather be able to press the brake and start the car, that is far more convenient.

18th month to go..
Another thing is if you leave the doors physically open (not the lock but the actual doors) the car will eventually go to sleep after it sounds an annoying beep inside the car and displays the notification on the screen.

Back