Who has a car that has pretty much worked flawlessly?

How is the EA network for your big drives?
Most stations had at least one or two units out of service. Usually the 350kW. Once I stopped trying to use the Lucid app and initiated charging from the pilot panel, I was able to start charging with no issues most of the time. Occasionally I had to switch units to get charging started. I was able to charge at every station I stopped at. The 150kW consistently provide 175kW. A few stations were in good locations for grabbing lunch, most were at the extreme edges of a Walmart parking lot with nothing close and wide busy roads to cross or acres of parking lot. Once I got on 10 east of Tx. It was easy going. Details at: https://lucidowners.com/threads/san-diego-to-dallas-trip-notes.1227/ and https://lucidowners.com/threads/dallas-to-greenville-sc-via-daytona.1598/.

Zero problems for my Air GT. It has not been back to the Scottsdale delivery center since I drove it away on delivery day in early May. Now have 4,000 miles. They did the recall service at my home but that’s the only contact I have had with service. The Air GT has indeed been flawless for me. I am eagerly awaiting Apple CarPlay though.
What recall? Wondering if I need to take in my rig?

Most stations had at least one or two units out of service. Usually the 350kW. Once I stopped trying to use the Lucid app and initiated charging from the pilot panel, I was able to start charging with no issues most of the time. Occasionally I had to switch units to get charging started. I was able to charge at every station I stopped at. The 150kW consistently provide 175kW. A few stations were in good locations for grabbing lunch, most were at the extreme edges of a Walmart parking lot with nothing close and wide busy roads to cross or acres of parking lot. Once I got on 10 east of Tx. It was easy going. Details at: https://lucidowners.com/threads/san-diego-to-dallas-trip-notes.1227/ and https://lucidowners.com/threads/dallas-to-greenville-sc-via-daytona.1598/.
Was at the Walmart near my house on Sunday. 3 of 6 haven't been working for 5+ weeks now and out of the 3 that were working I saw 2 owners both on the phone to EA because they couldn't get the chargers working. It's laughable at this point how unreliable this network is.

I really hope EA doesn't get any money from Biden's infrastructure bill because taxpayer money is just going to reward poor management.

I believe unlike TESLA, EA Uses local electrical contractors to service the chargers. Not the best way to run a business.

Was at the Walmart near my house on Sunday. 3 of 6 haven't been working for 5+ weeks now and out of the 3 that were working I saw 2 owners both on the phone to EA because they couldn't get the chargers working. It's laughable at this point how unreliable this network is.

I really hope EA doesn't get any money from Biden's infrastructure bill because taxpayer money is just going to reward poor management.
Doesn’t the infrastructure law require something like 97% uptime? Wonder what happens if a recipient builds out stations and then can’t maintain reliability… government gets the money back? If that’s the case might be in EA’s best interest not to take it.

I believe unlike TESLA, EA Uses local electrical contractors to service the chargers. Not the best way to run a business.
Local partners in itself might not be a bad idea but whatever they are doing doesn’t seem to be working too well. I don’t understand why EA don’t immediately know when a charger has an issue, do remote diagnosis, and if needed get a tech on-site ASAP. Stories about chargers that are not working for weeks, people having to call them to tell them a charger is broken are a bit of a head scratcher.

One theory is that networks like EA have to interface with many brands of car, and it may be issues with a car that take a charger offline. Not sure this holds though- I recently read of a UK study comparing reliability of their charging providers and downtime differed significantly… from around 25% to 3%. All providers accommodate multiple car brands so the reliability difference must be down to the provider and their hardware, software, and maintenance.

Lucid recommended QMeric home charger install, they got local contractor to do mine. 3 months past, still waiting. Not Lucid nor Qmeric’s fault. <sigh>

Local partners in itself might not be a bad idea but whatever they are doing doesn’t seem to be working too well. I don’t understand why EA don’t immediately know when a charger has an issue, do remote diagnosis, and if needed get a tech on-site ASAP. Stories about chargers that are not working for weeks, people having to call them to tell them a charger is broken are a bit of a head scratcher.

One theory is that networks like EA have to interface with many brands of car, and it may be issues with a car that take a charger offline. Not sure this holds though- I recently read of a UK study comparing reliability of their charging providers and downtime differed significantly… from around 25% to 3%. All providers accommodate multiple car brands so the reliability difference must be down to the provider and their hardware, software, and maintenance.
EA has 4 different generations of charging hardware they are using. From reports and user data, it seems like all their 1st gen chargers are failing spectacularly, which use the ABB?? hardware. The newer ones seems to have many less issues and better uptime. It'll take time, but EA is obviously aware their 1st gen stuff was not up to the task.

For what it’s worth, I’ve done San Diego to Vancouver 3 times now, with each one way distance about 1400 miles. I travel through California, Oregon, and Washington and exclusively use the EA network in those three states. So far, I’ve been able to use a functional 350 kw charger (as in one that delivers at minimum over 200 kw speed which I’ve never been able to achieve at a 150 kw charger) probably about 80% of the time and have never had to call EA once over a nonfunctional station. 90% of the time, it’s just plug in and works automatically. 10% of the time, I have to initiate in the app but then works flawlessly after that. So thus far, my experiences with EA have not been bad.

For what it’s worth, I’ve done San Diego to Vancouver 3 times now, with each one way distance about 1400 miles. I travel through California, Oregon, and Washington and exclusively use the EA network in those three states. So far, I’ve been able to use a functional 350 kw charger (as in one that delivers at minimum over 200 kw speed which I’ve never been able to achieve at a 150 kw charger) probably about 80% of the time and have never had to call EA once over a nonfunctional station. 90% of the time, it’s just plug in and works automatically. 10% of the time, I have to initiate in the app but then works flawlessly after that. So thus far, my experiences with EA have not been bad.
I don’t have negative experience in EA station stalls except when I was in Greater Dallas area. In west Houston, I had frustration several times for Tesla owners just park in EA station not charging and I wrote letter to EA to complain about that. So far I haven’t seen that ever since my complaint.

EA has 4 different generations of charging hardware they are using. From reports and user data, it seems like all their 1st gen chargers are failing spectacularly, which use the ABB?? hardware. The newer ones seems to have many less issues and better uptime. It'll take time, but EA is obviously aware their 1st gen stuff was not up to the task.
It’s like anything with VW Group. Something doesn’t work they blame the hardware and say it’s needs an upgrade. They upgrade the hardware and it still performs like crap. It’s not the hardware, it’s the hot mess software that they put on top of the hardware. As a company, they have no clue how to develop software to work on the hardware provided.

EVGo uses ABB chargers and I’ve never had an issue with EVGo ever! Europe has a lot of ABB chargers and they all seem to work properly also but for some reason VW said ABB was the problem……. FWIW my experience with the Signet chargers is that they work but never deliver the speeds promised. At least when the ABB chargers actually work they deliver the right speeds.

VW just isn’t good at software. The fact that they can’t even see when the machine is having issues remotely shows they’ve got no clue what they’re doing. Time and time again everyone is quick to blame the hardware when 90% of the time is the shit that sits on top of it.

So far, so good with 627 miles driven. Agree with the comments on the balky software, especially loosing the map view when you switch to music selection.
I'm waiting for Apple Carplay to arrive.....
I mean if you use carplay, you also
I don’t have negative experience in EA station stalls except when I was in Greater Dallas area. In west Houston, I had frustration several times for Tesla owners just park in EA station not charging and I wrote letter to EA to complain about that. So far I haven’t seen that ever since my complaint.
Perfect... I'm in the DFW area myself.

Lots of negative posts and problem lists everywhere. Just thought I'd see if there are members here who might have had great experiences and really have had no problems. My car is coming due this next month and all the posts here make me a bit nervous. I'm extremely excited but as reality of the car sets in, I'm also getting more nervous.
Like I told the service rep, you let the horse out of the barn too soon. I love the way the car rides, looks and handles but very frustrating

I mean if you use carplay, you also

Perfect... I'm in the DFW area myself.
Download EA app to report and complain broken stalls….

I'm coming up on 1K miles. The only problem I've had was a loose wire impacting my left turn signal. The car's diagnostics alerted me immediately and the fix was done at Goose Island in one day. Other than that the car has been great. Mind you, I've yet to explore its more advanced features such as ADAS. I'm taking it a step at a time.

Back