Where is Dream Drive ?

My car was delivered 12/31/2021. I do feel that I was misled and maybe lied to by omission, as to the quality and functionality of the software. There was no cruise control. The NAV system was un-useable and so many functions didn't work that I would characterize the software as alpha, at best. Yes, the software has gotten better but is still embarrassing for a $30,000 car much less a high-end luxury EV. The ACC, on my car at least, still has bugs so I would not consider using and semi-self-driving software from Lucid for at least a year or more.

If I was still waiting for my car, my concern would be the total lack transparency from Lucid as to the depth of the software development issues and realistic timelines.
What kind of bugs have you experienced with your ACC? Phantom breaking or other things?

I ask since I haven’t heard many people talk about it in general.

I have tried the auto-pilot features in Teslas, S 3 & X. All did things that made me nervous so I turned it off. The lane-keeping in the EQS works well but haven't tried the lane changing yet.

What kind of bugs have you experienced with your ACC? Phantom breaking or other things?

I need to test with the latest update but if all of the traffic in front off the car has stopped, like at a red light, the ACC either doesn't stop or maybe stops very late but I hit the brakes instead of finding out how far it will go. Our other cars with ACC do not have this issue.

I know that others will again post that they don't have this issue but I still think it's a bug in the ACC software.

My questions:
1) Why am I not seeing this all over the blogs and user forums -- why aren't other users as pissed about this ?
2) How are the reviews on Lucid claiming that the Lucid autonomous Level 2 and 3 driving is far superior to Tesla and others when it doesn't yet exist ?
I don't see where anyone directly addressed your questions
1) Even though you joined this forum in March, you must have found it difficult to keep up with the tremendous number of posts. There are several threads from before you joined and a couple after you joined that discuss DD vs DDP and what is included, development timeline, etc.. Everyone that has done their due diligence other than early DE buyers knows Lucid doesn't have an equivalent to AutoPilot yet so no outrage. Lucid isn't hiding that autonomous features aren't available but you do have to look. I don't like that we are paying for DDP years before the software is available and other than blindspot cameras and 360 view, we may not see anything that isn't available in regular DD for years.

2) There aren't any reviews I've seen making the claim that Lucid has a better autonomous driving feature than Tesla and I've read so many (along with viewing videos). The claim is that the sensor suite is superior to Tesla. You may have been in skim mode and missed that the reviews are talking about ADAS sensors and their capability rather than how they are used today.

I need to test with the latest update but if all of the traffic in front off the car has stopped, like at a red light, the ACC either doesn't stop or maybe stops very late but I hit the brakes instead of finding out how far it will go. Our other cars with ACC do not have this issue.

I know that others will again post that they don't have this issue but I still think it's a bug in the ACC software.
What's your follow distance set to? I have mine set to 4 and it doesn't have an issue with stopped traffic because the follow distance is so long.

What's your follow distance set to? I have mine set to 4 and it doesn't have an issue with stopped traffic because the follow distance is so long.
I leave it on the first option. Setting higher is an issue, for me, in traffic.

I’ve had to use the brakes once when it felt to me like it wouldn’t stop in time, but then I just increased my follow distance to 3 from 2 and it worked great. The only downside I think they need to adjust with ACC is that when you disable it if your foot isn’t on the accelerator and not pushing it in close to where it should be for your desired speed and you’re in strong regen mode, the car will slow VERY quickly. I’ve gotten used to pushing in the accelerator then disabling the ACC and it makes it seamless. My only other criticism is the ACC won’t slow you down for corners (Mercedes would, but often slowed you down too much), which can be either scary or fun depending on your personality haha.

But my favorite thing about ACC is if a car cuts in front of you their clever software recognizes what happened and slows down very gradually to maintain whatever car length you set. It’s pretty seamless. Every other car I’ve used ACC in it does t recognize a car cut in front of you and rapidly slows you to keep the car length and it’s pretty jarring. Maybe this is the benefit of LiDAR/sensors combined with well written software?

I noticed that my ACC, coming back on my last trip, was not recognizing cars farther ahead in traffic when the cars go from 70 to stopped or at perhaps <20 very suddenly, even when at the longest distance setting. twice I had to slam on my brakes because the car was not slowing fast enough. This has only happened since the last update and I’m having a service tech come check it this week.

I’ve had to use the brakes once when it felt to me like it wouldn’t stop in time, but then I just increased my follow distance to 3 from 2 and it worked great. The only downside I think they need to adjust with ACC is that when you disable it if your foot isn’t on the accelerator and not pushing it in close to where it should be for your desired speed and you’re in strong regen mode, the car will slow VERY quickly. I’ve gotten used to pushing in the accelerator then disabling the ACC and it makes it seamless. My only other criticism is the ACC won’t slow you down for corners (Mercedes would, but often slowed you down too much), which can be either scary or fun depending on your personality haha.

But my favorite thing about ACC is if a car cuts in front of you their clever software recognizes what happened and slows down very gradually to maintain whatever car length you set. It’s pretty seamless. Every other car I’ve used ACC in it does t recognize a car cut in front of you and rapidly slows you to keep the car length and it’s pretty jarring. Maybe this is the benefit of LiDAR/sensors combined with well written software?
Yes, I agree. On the rare occasions when a mere mortal car went fast enough to cut in front of me, the Lucid knows exactly what is going on and does not start breaking, even though the car in front of me is is within the set follow distance.

The more I drive my GT, the more I get the confidence that the car knows what’s going on around it. The hardware is spectacular and I am convinced that DD will be something special when more features start rolling out. I’m sure that LiDAR is a big part of the special source. I’m in no rush for a full roll out of Dream Drive Pro and will enjoy the incremental updates.

You have to switch parallel or perpendicular after you select the space.
I understand but that option does NOT always pop up.. Infact it rarely pops up. But realistically, the lidar/cameras should know exactly what type of parking to do.

You have to switch parallel or perpendicular after you select the space.
How do you do that? I’m never given the option. Sometimes it misidentifies a parallel spot as perpendicular so then I just skip auto-Park.

I understand but that option does NOT always pop up.. Infact it rarely pops up. But realistically, the lidar/cameras should know exactly what type of parking to do.

How do you do that? I’m never given the option. Sometimes it misidentifies a parallel spot as perpendicular so then I just skip auto-Park.

Once you click the space, and watch out for rotation rectangle to pop up and click the rotation button while car starts moving.

Once you click the space, and watch out for rotation rectangle to pop up and click the rotation button while car starts moving.
This is why this forum is awesome. I thought if it misidentified parallel as perpendicular then that was it you’re screwed, nice to know you can switch it!

This is why this forum is awesome. I thought if it misidentified parallel as perpendicular then that was it you’re screwed, nice to know you can switch it!
Yeah, I didn't know you could switch either. I always thought it was buggy and broken when it did that so never even attempted to use it.

Yeah, I didn't know you could switch either. I always thought it was buggy and broken when it did that so never even attempted to use it.
I guess it wasn’t really intuitive graphic interface. My DA wasn’t brave enough to give me demo either.

Fair enough, but initial promotions of features of a car that hasn’t been released were followed by lots of information about what was still in development when it was released. A bit of due diligence would find that out easily. Quite different than the promises of Tesla FSD.

Does perpendicular include head-in into a garage?

Does perpendicular include head-in into a garage?
No, it won’t park in your garage for you, most likely. If you have a three car garage and park the lucid in the center, then maybe, or if you have just the right angle. My garage is on a curved hill, so there’s no way it would do it or that I would trust it to. :)

I haven’t tried auto park yet but will work up to getting the courage. When I picked up my car I was told that it only goes head into a space rather than backing in. Is this correct? Doesn’t seem right.

Back