Where is Dream Drive ?

I have a question about automatic braking, I was exiting a highway and traffic suddenly stopped, I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of me. In my wife's tesla model x
one gets a warning and brakes are applied usually before you can physically get your foot from the accelerator to the brake. Is there a setting that needs to be set for this to happen or am I missing something ?

I have a question about automatic braking, I was exiting a highway and traffic suddenly stopped, I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of me. In my wife's tesla model x
one gets a warning and brakes are applied usually before you can physically get your foot from the accelerator to the brake. Is there a setting that needs to be set for this to happen or am I missing something ?
You can adjust it to brake early in the car settings.

Thanks, I had it normal, so I moved it up to early, hope it works next time

I really don't see myself using the DreamDrive Pro. I don't even use ACC. The handling of this car is so wonderful, I enjoy every min behind the wheel manually driving it. However, it'd be cool to have the DreamDrive available, to help steering after few beers.

So friend of mine just received his GT 1 week ago and I was excited to go test drive it since last one I was able to test drive was at showroom and was told by sales that it was more of a prototype so didn't have full functionality. My GT is still on order -- expected end of 2022 because of trim I selected -- currently a Tesla S owner (2014) and do a fair amount of highway driving ~ 150 miles each way to a second home every other weekend. Best feature is the Tesla autonomous driving (even on the 2014). Since I couldn't test this feature in 12/2021 on the demo Lucid car, I was excited to do so on the real thing. Well........out on the highwyay trying to engage it and only can get Adaptive Cruise Control to work. Thought we were doing something wrong so my friend contacted customer service. After pulling teeth for a straight answer, he sheepishly admitted that it is not yet available and still "high on the list" for the engineers at Lucid to figure out and roll out. WTF!!! My friend was one pissed off owner as am I one pissed off future (potential) owner. No one even bothered to let him know at delivery -- when you spend $140K you would expect a full featured car. When pushed, the customer service rep said he has no certain date when it would be avialable.

My questions:
1) Why am I not seeing this all over the blogs and user forums -- why aren't other users as pissed about this ?
2) How are the reviews on Lucid claiming that the Lucid autonomous Level 2 and 3 driving is far superior to Tesla and others when it doesn't yet exist ?

I'm about ready to cancel my order and go with something like the Mercedes EQS or wait for the EQE.

Would welcome any insight from those of you who are current users or know a thing or two about this topic.
I had a Model X new edition (for a month in July) before I sold it to own LUCID AGT. I also have a Model 3 (my son drives it). I don't trust Tesla's cruise control after so many months, it aggressively slows down if someone makes a relatively close lane change in front of you. The Tesla goes into a breaking mode even if someone crosses the road at a certain (a.k.a. safe) distance. We picked up AGT from FL and started driving. I and my son both observed very quickly in our drive that LUCID was more natural and appeared a lot more intelligent and was delicate when it came to handling those regular road situations. IMO Tesla is oversold on features and overpromises everything (except that fart option) ;) .

My question is why are TESLA owners who bought FSD in the early days not filing a case against TESLA for not providing that functionality even after 6-8 years of charging the $10K for it?

I had a Model X new edition (for a month in July) before I sold it to own LUCID AGT. I also have a Model 3 (my son drives it). I don't trust Tesla's cruise control after so many months, it aggressively slows down if someone makes a relatively close lane change in front of you. The Tesla goes into a breaking mode even if someone crosses the road at a certain (a.k.a. safe) distance. We picked up AGT from FL and started driving. I and my son both observed very quickly in our drive that LUCID was more natural and appeared a lot more intelligent and was delicate when it came to handling those regular road situations. IMO Tesla is oversold on features and overpromises everything (except that fart option) ;) .

My question is why are TESLA owners who bought FSD in the early days not filing a case against TESLA for not providing that functionality even after 6-8 years of charging the $10K for it?

Lucid Air is my first leap of faith. Obviously, I had to test drive others to go for Lucid. I rented Tesla couple times for road trip, not impressed by the range, but marveled by Model-X falcon wings design. Software of Tesla is better, more data rendering, more options than Lucid for sure and more parlor tricks of FSD and summon. Had I not discovered Lucid Air, Model-X would be my first EV. I also rented Polestar2, that car is not fancy, but get the job done and very tight solid built like Volvo, I ended up own it and let my son drive it. Tesla is not bad, just not my cup of tea of IKEA minimalism. I like to buy car fully loaded, FSD basically just priced me out with nonstop unrealistic price increase.

I wish the lane departure protection function was a little bit different. The only options are Intervention Only (too aggressive for me) and Warning and Intervention (same but with warnings too). I find myself wishing for a Warning Only setting. Also I'd love if the orange light on the instrument cluster would go out after a moment or at least be less obvious, especially at night, when I have the system turned off.

I still have my 2019 Tesla Model S (with FSD Beta) and got delivery of AGT yesterday, so still getting the hang of it. The Lucid salesman initially, and then the Delivery Advisor yesterday did very clearly explain to me what Dream Drive Pro is not capable of doing currently (meaning, it will not keep the car in lane on freeways like Tesla FSD does) - however, it will be adaptive cruise control meaning keep the distance from the car in front, and then give a warning if you are slipping into the other lane. This is not the same as autonomous driving, of course.
So while there is no bait and switch as far as I am concerned, I do hope Lucid can get this developed, tested and released sooner rather than later. All the hardware seems already here. FSD in Tesla is one of my most favorite features, and the one I will definitely miss, once I sell the Tesla.

I still have my 2019 Tesla Model S (with FSD Beta) and got delivery of AGT yesterday, so still getting the hang of it. The Lucid salesman initially, and then the Delivery Advisor yesterday did very clearly explain to me what Dream Drive Pro is not capable of doing currently (meaning, it will not keep the car in lane on freeways like Tesla FSD does) - however, it will be adaptive cruise control meaning keep the distance from the car in front, and then give a warning if you are slipping into the other lane. This is not the same as autonomous driving, of course.
So while there is no bait and switch as far as I am concerned, I do hope Lucid can get this developed, tested and released sooner rather than later. All the hardware seems already here. FSD in Tesla is one of my most favorite features, and the one I will definitely miss, once I sell the Tesla.
I believe that the delivery person was explaining the current limitations of Dream Drive. Lane centering very well may be in the next big update.

I believe that the delivery person was explaining the current limitations of Dream Drive. Lane centering very well may be in the next big update.
Already in the manual, called “Highway Assist”

We had an idea that the car did not yet do autonomous driving, but in my case that idea was assuaged by an email exchange between me and Lucid prior to confirming my order as follows:

03-8-22, Me: “If I confirm my order, when I receive my car in 2-4 months, will it steer itself in stop and go traffic on the freeway? Will it stop and start in stop and go traffic on the freeway without my input, except for keeping my hands on the steering wheel?”

03-09-22, Lucid: “The car can steer itself on the road in the sense where it keeps your cars centered without the need for your hands, and it will change lanes but it won’t steer as in making a left hand turn at a stop light. Also the car will start and stop in traffic. We will eventually only need your eyes on the road and not your hands in a planned update.

Hope this information helps, let me know if you like to discuss anything further.”

I confirmed my order on March 10 and received delivery on September 12, 2022.

On October 13, 2022, Lucid again sent an email promising activation of Highway Assist. It made it sound like activation was imminent, but when I called to ask about it today, October 21, 2022, I was told that it still was not active but planned for an uncertain future date.

TCGT implies he had a bad experience with Tesla’s autopilot. Not me. I just drove my 2017 Model S from Houston to Socal. The car drove itself most of the way with no issues. Glad I didn’t trade it in.

You fanboys can talk about how great everything else is, but driver assist features are an important part of any new luxury car. A modern $140K EV should be better than the Lucid. They better roll out the improvements quickly or mine will be for sale.

We had an idea that the car did not yet do autonomous driving, but in my case that idea was assuaged by an email exchange between me and Lucid prior to confirming my order as follows:

03-8-22, Me: “If I confirm my order, when I receive my car in 2-4 months, will it steer itself in stop and go traffic on the freeway? Will it stop and start in stop and go traffic on the freeway without my input, except for keeping my hands on the steering wheel?”

03-09-22, Lucid: “The car can steer itself on the road in the sense where it keeps your cars centered without the need for your hands, and it will change lanes but it won’t steer as in making a left hand turn at a stop light. Also the car will start and stop in traffic. We will eventually only need your eyes on the road and not your hands in a planned update.

Hope this information helps, let me know if you like to discuss anything further.”

On October 13, 2022, Lucid again sent an email promising activation of Highway Assist. It made it sound like activation was imminent, but when I called to ask about it today, October 21, 2022, I was told that it still was not active but planned for an uncertain future date.

TCGT implies he had a bad experience with Tesla’s autopilot. Not me. I just drove my 2017 Model S from Houston to Socal. The car drove itself most of the way with no issues. Glad I didn’t trade it in.

You fanboys can talk about how great everything else is, but driver assist features are an important part of any new luxury car. A modern $140K EV should be better than the Lucid. They better roll out the improvements quickly or mine will be for sale.
I believe that Borski has reported that it is in 2.0.

I have 2.0.12. Highway assist allows you to have LiDAR assisted lane centering with active cruise control. When it is activated it works very well, no phantom braking thus far, takes highway speed corners well and slows appropriately but not abruptly, and will stop in traffic and go from a stop when you tap the accelerator. You must manually lane change but it takes back over as soon as you’re centered in the new lane. This LiDAR + cameras is really something else though, there’s zero ping-ponging in the lanes, and you really don’t feel the wheel tug as much as you do with other ADAS systems. The main issue I’ve had is highway assist will not get consistently activate on some highways, this is a bug that has been reported so a fix will come and hopefully get incorporated in the big rollout coming shortly. Given how this performs thus far and this is their very first attempt at highway assists in the hands of customers, I’ve got more confidence than I had when I bought the car that they’re actually capable of delivering and Highway Pilot may well mop the floor with Tesla FSD when it comes out.

Why don’t the rest of us have 2.0.12?
Its still undergoing testing by several members of this forum. They are discovering whatever bugs there are and offering feedback to the developers. Its seems that the software push to the rest of the fleet will be coming very soon, but that is something you see written here very often.

I have 2.0.12. Highway assist allows you to have LiDAR assisted lane centering with active cruise control. When it is activated it works very well, no phantom braking thus far, takes highway speed corners well and slows appropriately but not abruptly, and will stop in traffic and go from a stop when you tap the accelerator. You must manually lane change but it takes back over as soon as you’re centered in the new lane. This LiDAR + cameras is really something else though, there’s zero ping-ponging in the lanes, and you really don’t feel the wheel tug as much as you do with other ADAS systems. The main issue I’ve had is highway assist will not get consistently activate on some highways, this is a bug that has been reported so a fix will come and hopefully get incorporated in the big rollout coming shortly. Given how this performs thus far and this is their very first attempt at highway assists in the hands of customers, I’ve got more confidence than I had when I bought the car that they’re actually capable of delivering and Highway Pilot may well mop the floor with Tesla FSD when it comes out.

One of the first things Tesla’s so-called “autopilot” could do was start again from a standstill without pressing the accelarator. A very, very useful feature in Southern California’s infernal stop-n-go freeway traffic.

Other features related to autopilot and FSD came four or five years later, like auto lane changing, and starting from a standstill when you’re at “pole position”, and the traffic light turns green. Before, the car would only move when it sensed the car ahead of it moving first. I got that feature as well as a few others only a few months ago.

Even as it bristles with all that hardware, it may take a while before Lucid catches up to where Tesla is now as far as FSD is concerned.

Back