Where is Dream Drive ?

I haven’t tried auto park yet but will work up to getting the courage. When I picked up my car I was told that it only goes head into a space rather than backing in. Is this correct? Doesn’t seem right.
Nooooo it backs in. It’s worked great every time I’ve used it except for once, but I haven’t used it much, I think 6 times total?

Nooooo it backs in. It’s worked great every time I’ve used it except for once, but I haven’t used it much, I think 6 times total?
Perfect, I knew that couldn’t be right!

No, it won’t park in your garage for you, most likely. If you have a three car garage and park the lucid in the center, then maybe, or if you have just the right angle. My garage is on a curved hill, so there’s no way it would do it or that I would trust it to. :)
Interesting idea, though…when I had my Tesla I was told that if I painted white lines it might recognize them for auto park. Never tried it but maybe the Lucid would recognize them?

Interesting idea, though…when I had my Tesla I was told that if I painted white lines it might recognize them for auto park. Never tried it but maybe the Lucid would recognize them?
I think that was a BS answer you got for Tesla. Tesla centers between 2 cars.. if the cars were parked crooked, Tesla would park crooked as well but centered.

I guess it wasn’t really intuitive graphic interface. My DA wasn’t brave enough to give me demo either.
So you’re supposed to wait until the car is moving to choose perpendicular or parallel? That sounds a little dicey! As they used to say in the newsroom: “get me rewrite”!

I think that was a BS answer you got for Tesla. Tesla centers between 2 cars.. if the cars were parked crooked, Tesla would park crooked as well but centered.
Ok, I’m wouldn’t be surprised that you’re right, but what if there were not cars present at all - isn’t the idea that self parking cars are able to find a space using some means of identification - certainly curbs but why not painted lines?

So you’re supposed to wait until the car is moving to choose perpendicular or parallel? That sounds a little dicey! As they used to say in the newsroom: “get me rewrite”!
Yeah, you have to activate auto park first. Then choose a spot that you drove passed. After you selected, it will start to backing to the spot and the option of perpendicular or parallel will appear. If it give wrong orientation, you select the rotation button to change orientation on the fly. If not wrong orientation, you leave what it is. Then just sit back and watch the magic show of wheel and accelerator moving by a phantom.

Ok, I’m wouldn’t be surprised that you’re right, but what if there were not cars present at all - isn’t the idea that self parking cars are able to find a space using some means of identification - certainly curbs but why not painted lines?
Never does painted lines as far I know… Tesla needs to have a car on each side of the space or wall(s). If your garage is empty, it would center it in the garage. It did a pretty good job granted I stopped it a few times when I got a bad feeling it was going to smash into my second car 😬

Yeah, you have to activate auto park first. Then choose a spot that you drove passed. After you selected, it will start to backing to the spot and the option of perpendicular or parallel will appear. If it give wrong orientation, you select the rotation button to change orientation on the fly. If not wrong orientation, you leave what it is. Then just sit back and watch the magic show of wheel and accelerator moving by a phantom.
I do like magic shows, and appreciate the explanation of how the auto park works. I’ll check it out when I’m in a familiar setting to see…just not sure “select the rotation button” choice on the fly is the best way to experience - or sell - the auto park feature. Had a bad experience scraping my rims in a Tesla, so this feature will likely not be overused.

I do like magic shows, and appreciate the explanation of how the auto park works. I’ll check it out when I’m in a familiar setting to see…just not sure “select the rotation button” choice on the fly is the best way to experience - or sell - the auto park feature. Had a bad experience scraping my rims in a Tesla, so this feature will likely not be overused.
Yes, I have to admit that the feature is not for faint-hearted. It backs up car into the spot faster than I normally would as a professional valet. I have to watch the rear camera and pray. It’s cool, but feel risky. I was interception ready in case environment changes. (Incoming traffic or one of adjacent cars moves)

Nevertheless, great parlor trick to impress wife and friends.

I would never waste the money on Tesla FSD or what Lucid is offering until it really works. And who knows when that will be. Lucid needs to copy Tesla and offer a subscription model. That works well, as you can use it when you want to and cancel when you don’t and also lets you test it out. Especially great, if you don’t plan on keeping the car longer than a couple years.

I would never waste the money on Tesla FSD or what Lucid is offering until it really works. And who knows when that will be. Lucid needs to copy Tesla and offer a subscription model. That works well, as you can use it when you want to and cancel when you don’t and also lets you test it out. Especially great, if you don’t plan on keeping the car longer than a couple years.
The thing that bugged me the most about FSD is that they pushed it in the early years as "You're helping us fund the research and development, and because of that, we'll charge you less than you will have to pay later."

So far, so good. But then they link the FSD to the CAR, not your Tesla account. So if you paid $4k or $6k for FSD a number of years back, and you are now done with your car and want to buy a new one, you have to pay $12k to get the current FSD on that new car. Even though you were a loyal early adopter who helped fund the development of the feature. You get no credit whatsoever for having paid for FSD early on your last car.

I agree, the subscription is at least better. Particularly for people who lease. I have friends who just turn it on when they want to go on road trips, and then turn it back off when they aren't using it. Lucid would have a harder time with that, because there is extra hardware involved. But maybe down the line, if enough people are expressing interest, they will just start shipping the hardware in every car and take the subscription revenue from whatever percentage of people turn it on sometimes to pay for it. LIDAR is pretty expensive, so I don't think the math works out right now.

Since we are early adopters of new technology, we will have to accept the fact that there will be glitches and quirks that we will have to adjust to. I got my Tesla Model S in 2016, and put 160K miles on it. For the first year after Tesla switched their autopilot company from Mobile Eye to inhouse software, after the crash of Tesla into a truck, it took them a year to get autopilot. Like any salesman, Lucid makes claims for its future innovation with small lettering caveats. I have driven GT for over a month, and I can tell you that Lucid is a vast improvement on Tesla. EQS does not give the same level of Autopilot driving in the US as it offers in Germany. But am sure when the dream drive comes in Lucid it will be as fantastic as tesla, which does not have radar or lidar. I had to learn to drive without Autopilot during the last month but am willing to wait for bigger rewards by foregoing some instant gratification. Everyone will have to make that choice for themselves.

My problem isn't that Lucid has misled me but that it has never been clear as to what is in Dream Drive and what is in Dream Drive Pro. If Lucid is asking us to put up a significant chunk of dough for Pro, it would be nice to know what one is getting for that vs. regular Dream Drive.

They need enough data of driven miles to make improvements. Yesterday I got the update 1.2.19 immediately after 1. 2.18. The last update had notes that it was enhancement related to lidar. I am sure dream drive come in next 6 months when enough data is collected for adaptive cruise control and also lane assist that warns you when you touch or cross the lane lines. No one deploys the software without testing. Tesla is still testing FSD data with beta users for over a year and that too in areas where there is less traffic.

My problem isn't that Lucid has misled me but that it has never been clear as to what is in Dream Drive and what is in Dream Drive Pro. If Lucid is asking us to put up a significant chunk of dough for Pro, it would be nice to know what one is getting for that vs. regular Dream Drive.

One of the things you're getting with Pro is a larger sensor suite, including lidar, to handle future ADAS developments via OTA updates. This spring Lucid published a list of DreamDrive Pro features (below). i have found some lists of DreamDrive features, but there are enough differences in the terminology of the different lists that I can't be sure exactly which features are the same for DreamDrive and DreamDrive Pro.

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 9.41.55 AM.png

This s something I posted in another thread on this same topic. Hopefully this helps.

Post in thread 'What does Drive Drive do today? (not Pro)'
https://lucidowners.com/threads/what-does-drive-drive-do-today-not-pro.2295/post-57730

The thing that bugged me the most about FSD is that they pushed it in the early years as "You're helping us fund the research and development, and because of that, we'll charge you less than you will have to pay later."

So far, so good. But then they link the FSD to the CAR, not your Tesla account. So if you paid $4k or $6k for FSD a number of years back, and you are now done with your car and want to buy a new one, you have to pay $12k to get the current FSD on that new car. Even though you were a loyal early adopter who helped fund the development of the feature. You get no credit whatsoever for having paid for FSD early on your last car.

I agree, the subscription is at least better. Particularly for people who lease. I have friends who just turn it on when they want to go on road trips, and then turn it back off when they aren't using it. Lucid would have a harder time with that, because there is extra hardware involved. But maybe down the line, if enough people are expressing interest, they will just start shipping the hardware in every car and take the subscription revenue from whatever percentage of people turn it on sometimes to pay for it. LIDAR is pretty expensive, so I don't think the math works out right now.

My thought was that Lucid could charge a reasonable fee for the hardware (say $3K) but then only activate it via subscription. That way both sides are somewhat protected.

So friend of mine just received his GT 1 week ago and I was excited to go test drive it since last one I was able to test drive was at showroom and was told by sales that it was more of a prototype so didn't have full functionality. My GT is still on order -- expected end of 2022 because of trim I selected -- currently a Tesla S owner (2014) and do a fair amount of highway driving ~ 150 miles each way to a second home every other weekend. Best feature is the Tesla autonomous driving (even on the 2014). Since I couldn't test this feature in 12/2021 on the demo Lucid car, I was excited to do so on the real thing. Well........out on the highwyay trying to engage it and only can get Adaptive Cruise Control to work. Thought we were doing something wrong so my friend contacted customer service. After pulling teeth for a straight answer, he sheepishly admitted that it is not yet available and still "high on the list" for the engineers at Lucid to figure out and roll out. WTF!!! My friend was one pissed off owner as am I one pissed off future (potential) owner. No one even bothered to let him know at delivery -- when you spend $140K you would expect a full featured car. When pushed, the customer service rep said he has no certain date when it would be avialable.

My questions:
1) Why am I not seeing this all over the blogs and user forums -- why aren't other users as pissed about this ?
2) How are the reviews on Lucid claiming that the Lucid autonomous Level 2 and 3 driving is far superior to Tesla and others when it doesn't yet exist ?

I'm about ready to cancel my order and go with something like the Mercedes EQS or wait for the EQE.

Would welcome any insight from those of you who are current users or know a thing or two about this topic.
The autonomous drive feature is one big feature. But the software as it is now is still crappy! Try using navigation and receiving/and making a call simultaneously ! Wonder who designed the user experience flow

I Paid for FSD on two model S ( 2015 and 2019). Got limited use on highway that degraded over time once the lawyers got involved and had the car nag you every 30 seconds to put your hands on the wheel. Hopefully Lucid when they bring out their system it will have more functionality and less annoying user interface
My friend bought these “rings” on Shopify that circumvents the alert. unsafe? Yes. Illegal? Yes. Does it work as advertised , yes. 😆

Back