When do we see 2.0?

I agree that the rollout should be measured, but I feel they jumped the gun with an official announcment. It sets unreasonable expectations for owners. Maybe after a period of testing with the 100 blessed individuals, an announcment at that time. Doesn't seem like they are rolling it out to anyone else at this point.
After the few high priority bugs are ironed out from the 100-wide release (which should be very quick since they’re not hampered by the old software stack/need to rewrite and the teams are burning the midnight oil), my understanding is it will go out to DEs next (for about a 520-wide release), and then barring anything unforeseen the rest of the fleet.

I think a month or so heads up before a rollout (I don’t have a date, I’m just guesstimating) is perfectly fine; it *is* actively rolling out to customers, and the batches will increase with time.

After the few high priority bugs are ironed out from the 100-wide release (which should be very quick since they’re not hampered by the old software stack/need to rewrite and the teams are burning the midnight oil), my understanding is it will go out to DEs next (for about a 520-wide release), and then barring anything unforeseen the rest of the fleet.

I think a month or so heads up before a rollout (I don’t have a date, I’m just guesstimating) is perfectly fine; it *is* actively rolling out to customers, and the batches will increase with time.
And to clarify "Why the DEs first?", before someone asks, it's because they have by definition been suffering the longest. (Yes, they paid the most, too. But they have endured through way worse than anyone who is driving a GT.)

The primary update hit most people in the group on Friday (and many on Saturday).

And there are people here making judgment calls that "it clearly must be better than 1.0 so just give it to us" after just 1 or 2 days of testing and bug reporting?

What are you basing that off of? Do you have access to their continuous integration dashboard? Do you know what tests are passing and failing? Do you know what certifications they might have to have that are required by the state or federal level? Do you even know that they completely trashed the previous 1.X and started over from scratch and have rebuilt everything from the ground up? Do you know anything about their software other than the feedback you've read and the videos you've seen?

Of course you don't. A software engineer who's been in the business for a long time often has the tendency (in my experience) to play armchair software engineering manager on anything related to software, and your condescending ageist comments towards Lucid hardly surprise me.

Also, @nadecir if you really have been in the "software business" as you say " longer than the many of the Lucid development employees have been alive", that is not exactly the boastful credential that you seem to believe it is. Entire languages, frameworks, tools, philosophies, and tech trends have been born and have died since you've "been in software business". I'm not saying that "I did a 4 week Coursera course on programming and now I consider myself an SRE" type people don't exist, of course they do. But you are on the other end of the extreme. You sound rather arrogant and are trying to make it out that you know better when you simply don't have enough information.

For everyone else, please see some of the posts here as exhibit A for why only 100 are getting it. Because those who are complaining in here will move the goalposts almost immediately when on the new software and we'll have this exact conversation again when the time for a theoretical 2.1.X release comes ("why not just release it etc etc").

The cycle continues, and my forum ignore list grows...

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. You don't share anything people are annoyed, you share something and people are annoyed. The announcement said October which I don't think was unreasonable for them to announce and set expectations. Given we're hitting the tail end of October I wouldn't be surprised if you see some movement this week or next and the fact it's gone out to 100 owners already shows everyone it's not a mystical statement (eg: FSD coming this year since 2011) Lucid made but that it is actually coming. It's coming, sooner rather than later.

The primary update hit most people in the group on Friday (and many on Saturday).

And there are people here making judgment calls that "it clearly must be better than 1.0 so just give it to us" after just 1 or 2 days of testing and bug reporting?

What are you basing that off of? Do you have access to their continuous integration dashboard? Do you know what tests are passing and failing? Do you know what certifications they might have to have that are required by the state or federal level? Do you even know that they completely trashed the previous 1.X and started over from scratch and have rebuilt everything from the ground up? Do you know anything about their software other than the feedback you've read and the videos you've seen?

Of course you don't. A software engineer who's been in the business for a long time often has the tendency (in my experience) to play armchair software engineering manager on anything related to software, and your condescending ageist comments towards Lucid hardly surprise me.

Also, @nadecir if you really have been in the "software business" as you say " longer than the many of the Lucid development employees have been alive", that is not exactly the boastful credential that you seem to believe it is. Entire languages, frameworks, tools, philosophies, and tech trends have been born and have died since you've "been in software business". I'm not saying that "I did a 4 week Coursera course on programming and now I consider myself an SRE" type people don't exist, of course they do. But you are on the other end of the extreme. You sound rather arrogant and are trying to make it out that you know better when you simply don't have enough information.

For everyone else, please see some of the posts here as exhibit A for why only 100 are getting it. Because those who are complaining in here will move the goalposts almost immediately when on the new software and we'll have this exact conversation again when the time for a theoretical 2.1.X release comes ("why not just release it etc etc").

The cycle continues, and my forum ignore list grows...
No need to go with the personal attacks. People are here just expressing their opinions. I think we all want Lucid to suceed and make awesome software (and cars)! Trying to silence or ignoring other people's perspectives is not healthy.

No need to go with the personal attacks. People are here just expressing their opinions. I think we all want Lucid to suceed and make awesome software (and cars)! Trying to silence or ignoring other people's perspectives is not healthy.

"Expressing their opinions" is a thing people hide behind so that they can say things like "I've been working in the software business longer than many of the Lucid employees have been alive" to not-so-subtly hint that they are "youngsters who simply don't know as much as I do".

I absolutely want Lucid to succeed. I don't think we need be suggesting Lucid is competent because of such a childish complaint as "It's been 2 days, I want the update, give it to me", especially not from a mature adult.

The software was rewritten from the ground up and it obviously took months and months of effort. Another week or two won't hurt anyone as they do their best to make sure there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with the software and "it sounds good enough based on what the 100 say" is not a valid indicator of software quality. As the other person wanted to strut their credentials as a veteran software engineer, it is hardly a personal attack for me to say that they should know better than to trust user feedback solely.

Lastly, the ignore list is just for me, not silencing anyone on the forum. I don't have that power (and would not use such a power if it existed).

Calm down, everyone. JEEZ…. It’s just an update. The car is no less of a pleasure to own in its current software-in-the-rough state than it would be when this Holy Grail of software updates finally lands.

Get off the app, get off the forum, the update will come. You’ll live.

Calm down, everyone. JEEZ…. It’s just an update. The car is no less of a pleasure to own in its current software-in-the-rough state than it would be when this Holy Grail of software updates finally lands.

Get off the app, get off the forum, the update will come. You’ll live.
I disagree, the current app start up time bugs me every time I get into the car.

I disagree, the current app start up time bugs me every time I get into the car.
@davidliu You're spot on here. The UX is so bad that it makes driving the car suck. From the delayed startup to trash homelink to non-responsive screen taps... and that's before I've even left my driveway. Add to the fact that I'm waiting for them to take my car to a local body shop to repaint my bumper which has paint drips all over it fromm the factory and two keys I'm waiting for replacement on.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. You don't share anything people are annoyed, you share something and people are annoyed. The announcement said October which I don't think was unreasonable for them to announce and set expectations. Given we're hitting the tail end of October I wouldn't be surprised if you see some movement this week or next and the fact it's gone out to 100 owners already shows everyone it's not a mystical statement (eg: FSD coming this year since 2011) Lucid made but that it is actually coming. It's coming, sooner rather than later.
Respectfully, everyone should realize we are just sliding out of the middle of October... there are two weeks yet to go till the end of the month, so they are still on schedule. Having a second random (larger) set of possibly less experienced users give fresh eyes and feedback in a measured way to have a better-refined software suite rolled out to that wider audience seems to be an excellent process.

It's unfortunate that everyone could not make it into the group of 100 owners, but it was random chance and not everyone can "win". Take this opportunity to read through the constructive comments (positive and negative) and discussions and feedback to see the issues and advice and use the time to prepare for when you finally get the update(s). I know that reading what all those "early adopters" had noticed, experienced, and discussed has been invaluable to give me a baseline to operate the vehicle when I first received it.

Sadly, this type of misplaced rage and impatience is what may prevent us being included in future beta releases 🤦‍♂️. It may be easier for me to say as I made it into the 100, but the bottom line is the update is coming..

I wonder if Lucid will do a wider release of the current version of 2.0 with bug fixes to follow in later patches or will fix major bugs first then issue 2.0 with new version numbers. I’m hoping the current version up to 2.0.12 is good enough that the former can occur. Any guesses based upon what you’ve experienced so far?

Alpha testers got 2.0.2, 2.04, 2.0.7
Beta testers got 2.0.3, 2.0.5, 2.0.8, 2.0.12

Beta testers got fixed issues of Alpha…(I assume alternating code reserve for concurrent cross validation-improvement)

Will there be 2.0.1, 2.0.6, 2.0.9, 2.0.13 for Gamma testers or next wider deployment for DE owners?

Man, I parked my car in early July... the day I got it and I haven't driven it since... all the while hoping the day would come when someone like Borski would say, "OMG 2.0 software is here and it is SOOOO good."

I knew I was buying beta software and unknown computing bits (no specs for HD, RAM, processor, etc. and Lucid won't tell me what it has), but the exterior hardware was just so good... I couldn't help it.

Borski and the bunny have really helped me out. I sincerely thank you guys.

It's because of them that I made the call to pull the car from storage, cancel the sale, slap on the tint, smoke out the silver bits, and install the PPF.

It would've been great to have the SW2.0 installed when I pick it up Friday. It's ok though, because it's coming... sort of like the Dragons in GOT... only maybe faster than that. And I have the fastest color combination Lucid ever made, so it will be good.

My brother says, "you're always gonna be waiting for something in life... eg. you wait to graduate HS, then you wait to go to college, then you wait to graduate college so you can work, then you wait to get a promotion, then you wait to make more money, then you wait to be financially stable, then you wait to find the right partner, then you wait to get SW2.0 in your Lucid..."

After that my brother says, "Try enjoying life while you wait since we spend so much time waiting for the next thing."

I admit, I will not enjoy being crushed by my wife's seat settings for a few weeks, but YOLO baby.

SW2.0 UPGRADE HOPEFUL 4-LIFE!!!!!!!!! THUGANOMICS 101 STYLE!!!!!!

Beware of destination addiction: The
idea that happiness is in the next place
the next job, or even with the next
partner. Until you give up the idea that
happiness is somewhere else, it will
never be where you are.

Man, I parked my car in early July... the day I got it and I haven't driven it since... all the while hoping the day would come when someone like Borski would say, "OMG 2.0 software is here and it is SOOOO good."

I knew I was buying beta software and unknown computing bits (no specs for HD, RAM, processor, etc. and Lucid won't tell me what it has), but the exterior hardware was just so good... I couldn't help it.

Borski and the bunny have really helped me out. I sincerely thank you guys.

It's because of them that I made the call to pull the car from storage, cancel the sale, slap on the tint, smoke out the silver bits, and install the PPF.

It would've been great to have the SW2.0 installed when I pick it up Friday. It's ok though, because it's coming... sort of like the Dragons in GOT... only maybe faster than that. And I have the fastest color combination Lucid ever made, so it will be good.

My brother says, "you're always gonna be waiting for something in life... eg. you wait to graduate HS, then you wait to go to college, then you wait to graduate college so you can work, then you wait to get a promotion, then you wait to make more money, then you wait to be financially stable, then you wait to find the right partner, then you wait to get SW2.0 in your Lucid..."

After that my brother says, "Try enjoying life while you wait since we spend so much time waiting for the next thing."

I admit, I will not enjoy being crushed by my wife's seat settings for a few weeks, but YOLO baby.

SW2.0 UPGRADE HOPEFUL 4-LIFE!!!!!!!!! THUGANOMICS 101 STYLE!!!!!!

Beware of destination addiction: The
idea that happiness is in the next place
the next job, or even with the next
partner. Until you give up the idea that
happiness is somewhere else, it will
never be where you are.

Amen. And while you’re busy waiting for happiness to show up somewhere else, you’re also consumed with feeling entitled, perpetually aggrieved, and haunted with the intolerable feeling that YOU are the only one that’s missing out.

Love seeing the varying opinions here and the attributing the disappointment of those that are annoyed as just not being patient enough (or "feeling entitled, perpetually aggrieved, and haunted with the intolerable feeling that YOU are the only one that’s missing out"). I was just pointing out that the UX as it is in Version 1.XX is not only mediocre, it's actually detrimental to the enjoyment of the car. When tacking that on to the other hiccups that many of us have had, it's the icing on the cake. At this point, it's detrimental enough where I've cancelled my release day Sapphire reservation because I lack confidence in Lucid at this stage. I don't think those hiccups will be resolved by the time Sapphire is in production.

As @the1sen brother says, ""Try enjoying life while you wait since we spend so much time waiting for the next thing." That's exactly what I'm doing.

Back