Wheels

I've been looking for aftermarket rims and I found this site : Forza -they also make variety of wheels that can fit the Lucid..

1688060180849.jpeg

1688060205972.jpeg

1688060228814.jpeg

1688060256601.jpeg

Just got images back from Forza. Getting Dream Wheels in a 19” version for winter tires. Added a Winter Bear logo for kicks. Will be on my Stealth Version GT. The process has been enjoyable so far!

fe1a8285-b4d8-4fef-91f8-7e2403c9ed16.jpeg
bd8825bd-8415-49af-bf63-365466e3d557.jpeg
af358771-6c09-4ddf-b077-9c84cd42433e.jpeg

Out of curiosity, what's the cost for their wheels? They're all forged, right?
$2,180 for the wheels.
Shipping is extra.

They’re forged. Weigh ~14kg/wheel per their estimate. They didn’t have the plastic insert for that size, so they’re forging it as shown with the contrasting face being machined/tinted to be stealth look.

$2,180 for the wheels.
Shipping is extra.

They’re forged. Weigh ~14kg/wheel per their estimate. They didn’t have the plastic insert for that size, so they’re forging it as shown with the contrasting face being machined/tinted to be stealth look.
Thats... pretty good. The price is insane for forged wheels, AND they are lighter.
To my knowledge, Lucid wheels are also more, although that isnt really a fair comparison.

$2,180 for the wheels.
Shipping is extra.

Get on my car now!!! We all agreed the GTP wheels look fantastic also. Could Forza do those in 19”?

Get on my car now!!! We all agreed the GTP wheels look fantastic also. Could Forza do those in 19”?

All the options:

All the options:

I used their existing R-2 option and tweaked it a little bit to match Stealth look, simulate the plastic fins and add the Bear logo while shrinking it down to a 19” form. They’re quite responsive via WhatsApp. They require a 30% down payment to proceed with manufacturing.

Looking forward to delivery…which is supposed to be ~30 days after down payment.

$1.00? Wow, that's a pretty good price:
Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 8.43.01 AM.png

Forza wheels seem to have some pretty good reviews, at least on Internet forums and blogs. However, they are made in China, and we in south Florida have a lot of experience with Chinese metallurgy in this climate.

All major air conditioning manufacturers now source their aluminum condenser coils from China, and they invariably develop pinholes within 4-6 years, while the earlier copper coils held up much longer. Between two houses down here, we have had to replace seven condenser coils after less that six years of service. Our air conditioning service people tell us that this is the new normal in their industry and that a lot of their work is now replacing these coils.

After Hurricane Wilma destroyed innumerable pool cages in Florida, aluminum bar stock for the cages ran low from U.S. suppliers. Contractors turned to China, and within a few years every pool cage built of the Chinese bar stock saw the finishes peel off.

When I renovated one of our houses, I used name-brand plumbing fixtures (Kohler, Franke, Jacuzzi, etc.). Without my knowing it, some were sourcing their components from China. Within five years I had to replace shower towers because of the chrome finish peeling off, the throat of a lavatory fixture developed a crack that spewed water into the sink, and a $900 kitchen sink faucet failed. When I checked, I found out all of these failed pieces were produced in China.

According to Sandy Munro, the Chinese have made great strides in manufacturing quality over the last few years. But I'm not sure I'm ready to drive a heavy performance car on Chinese wheels.

$1.00? Wow, that's a pretty good price:
View attachment 13717

Forza wheels seem to have some pretty good reviews, at least on Internet forums and blogs. However, they are made in China, and we in south Florida have a lot of experience with Chinese metallurgy in this climate.

All major air conditioning manufacturers now source their aluminum condenser coils from China, and they invariably develop pinholes within 4-6 years, while the earlier copper coils held up much longer. Between two houses down here, we have had to replace seven condenser coils after less that six years of service. Our air conditioning service people tell us that this is the new normal in their industry and that a lot of their work is now replacing these coils.

After Hurricane Wilma destroyed innumerable pool cages in Florida, aluminum bar stock for the cages ran low from U.S. suppliers. Contractors turned to China, and within a few years every pool cage built of the Chinese bar stock saw the finishes peel off.

When I renovated one of our houses, I used name-brand plumbing fixtures (Kohler, Franke, Jacuzzi, etc.). Without my knowing it, some were sourcing their components from China. Within five years I had to replace shower towers because of the chrome finish peeling off, the throat of a lavatory fixture developed a crack that spewed water into the sink, and a $900 kitchen sink faucet failed. When I checked, I found out all of these failed pieces were produced in China.

According to Sandy Munro, the Chinese have made great strides in manufacturing quality over the last few years. But I'm not sure I'm ready to drive a heavy performance car on Chinese wheels.
Good info to know. I was already dreaming about those wheels on my car. This makes me feel better about keeping the wheels I have for now.

I will happily add this to the list of things I am piloting with this new EV and my first set of aftermarket wheels.

Back