Wheel Rash aka (Curb Rash)

I drove a tiny FRS before this big beast and my husband drove a 4 wheel drive SUV. We are not at all used to a big low sedan with rims that stick out further than the rubber on the tires - this is a whole new ball game! 😀
I never thought somebody would call the air a "big beast," but coming from a frs/86/brz i suppose it is..

I have just had a rash on my back left 21 wheel of my GT. I don’t know where it was, I am wondering if was a pot hole. Question - is it something that can be fixed ? How does fixing compares to e.g Tesla wheels? There is this chrome finish that looks more difficult to fix… Any experiences from whoever fixed highly appreciated.
image.jpg

I'm getting PPF, ceramic coating, and tints done this weekend. The detailer also noticed that I had a rim rash and that the rims extend beyond the tires. He proposed putting Rimblades on if I wanted as it is popular with Tesla owners. Anybody have it on their cars? Looks like they could work for minor curb run ins but curious to know if they stay on at high speeds or bad weather conditions.

I have just had a rash on my back left 21 wheel of my GT. I don’t know where it was, I am wondering if was a pot hole. Question - is it something that can be fixed ? How does fixing compares to e.g Tesla wheels? There is this chrome finish that looks more difficult to fix… Any experiences from whoever fixed highly appreciated.View attachment 12895
They can refinished just fine I believe, paging @borski

They can refinished just fine I believe, paging @borski
Totally fixable. Costs $250 through Lucid, but OCDetailing (my PPF guys) also charge $250 to refinish them, so that seems fairly standard.

I would just wait a while and see if you accumulate any more, and have it refinished.

had the car nine months...and first curb rash yesterday. ouch indeed. 😭

Not meaning to crow too loudly, but I’ve been tremendously lucky, closing on one year of ownership and 23,000 miles. No curb rash, yet.

Which can’t be said about our ownership experience with Teslas. It seems we’ve managed to curb rash all twelve wheel rims on all three Teslas we’ve owned over the years. Multiple times on the right side, front and rear rims. I’ve never curb rashed any car I’ve owned as many times as I have our Teslas. They’re like curb rash magnets, those Tesla wheel rims.

Anyone know if Lucid would charge for this upon turn in at the end of the lease? Not sure if people have had the cars long enough to know but debating whether I get it fixed now or just wait until right before the end of lease if I’m going to have to fix it then anyways.

Anyone know if Lucid would charge for this upon turn in at the end of the lease? Not sure if people have had the cars long enough to know but debating whether I get it fixed now or just wait until right before the end of lease if I’m going to have to fix it then anyways.
I curbed the driver side rear wheel on the 4th day of ownership last week. I went through the lease return documents and under wheels and tires - it states they will charge for bent wheels or mismatched non oem tires at lease end. No mention of scuffs or curb scratches.

I curbed the driver side rear wheel on the 4th day of ownership last week. I went through the lease return documents and under wheels and tires - it states they will charge for bent wheels or mismatched non oem tires at lease end. No mention of scuffs or curb scratches.
Thanks! That’s good to know

Back