What would you use the USB port for?

What would you use the USB port for most?

• Music

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Phone Charging

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Navigation (i.e. Google maps)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Wouldn't use

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

histal

Reaction score
Cars
grand touring
It seems to me that the lack of interface with the USB port into the car's software is really an issue. I wanted to ask people how they would use it the most.

What am I going to do with the memory sticks I have over 850 songs on that I use in 2 other cars and my F250?

I'd like to figure out how to convert the 5V USB into a 12V cig lighter receptacle for my radar detector.
Have seen a few items on Amazon but not sure about reliability. Don't want to fry my Valentine One, or worse, blow a fuse.

Until we get Apple CarPlay I would be using it to play my Apple Music Dolby Atmos recordings rather than using Bluetooth to do so. "Experts" on this forum have stated this would result in an improved sound quality.

I'd like to figure out how to convert the 5V USB into a 12V cig lighter receptacle for my radar detector.
Have seen a few items on Amazon but not sure about reliability. Don't want to fry my Valentine One, or worse, blow a fuse.
The $8 version offered on Amazon will work just fine.

All of the above.

Both nab to run Waze and to play a music stick

For some reason, the dead zones for cell phone service are expanding in Naples, FL. There are now dropouts at major intersections in heavily built-up areas where our cell phones (on Verizon and T-Mobile) drop out. Our Tesla is now losing signal in places it never did, and the Lucid has lost signal frequently ever since we've had it. And it's happening with friends and also being reported by numerous posters on NextDoor.com.

There is speculation that it is a temporary situation due to shutting down 3G service and reassigning bandwidth to 5G service. However, what it means is that we are without any audio in the Lucid a good bit of the time we are on the road, and the music sticks I use in my other cars are useless. To make matters worse, the audio restarts only sporadically when the signal is restored. Sometimes hitting the "Play" icon will restart the music. Sometimes saying "Alexa, continue music" will restart the music. Sometimes you have to enter the music choice again into the system, either by trying an Alexa voice command (iffy) or by manually selecting off the screen menu. The whole scenario is a total mess, and a lot of the time we just drive in silence to avoid the hassle and the distraction of trying to get music going again.

Cellular infrastructure in large swaths of the U.S. is not yet at the stage where cars should be sold with no other means to access data. The car has a great sound system. It's a shame that we can't hear it much of the time we're on the road.

For some reason, the dead zones for cell phone service are expanding in Naples, FL. There are now dropouts at major intersections in heavily built-up areas where our cell phones (on Verizon and T-Mobile) drop out. Our Tesla is now losing signal in places it never did, and the Lucid has lost signal frequently ever since we've had it. And it's happening with friends and also being reported by numerous posters on NextDoor.com.

There is speculation that it is a temporary situation due to shutting down 3G service and reassigning bandwidth to 5G service. However, what it means is that we are without any audio in the Lucid a good bit of the time we are on the road, and the music sticks I use in my other cars are useless. To make matters worse, the audio restarts only sporadically when the signal is restored. Sometimes hitting the "Play" icon will restart the music. Sometimes saying "Alexa, continue music" will restart the music. Sometimes you have to enter the music choice again into the system, either by trying an Alexa voice command (iffy) or by manually selecting off the screen menu. The whole scenario is a total mess, and a lot of the time we just drive in silence to avoid the hassle and the distraction of trying to get music going again.

Cellular infrastructure in large swaths of the U.S. is not yet at the stage where cars should be sold with no other means to access data. The car has a great sound system. It's a shame that we can't hear it much of the time we're on the road.
Desperately need Sirius XM...IMO

Yes, but the geniuses over at Lucid decided that we did not need SiriusXM, even though the preponderance of cars sold now include this ability. It actually appears they wanted to make it as difficult and cumbersome as possible, not to mention annoying, to listen to music in the car. Maybe they believe we should just enjoy the silence and appreciate the drive???

On top of that, I do not believe the hardware is there to listen to true SirusXM Satellite Radio, so no OTA update can fix that.

Yes, but the geniuses over at Lucid decided that we did not need SiriusXM, even though the preponderance of cars sold now include this ability. It actually appears they wanted to make it as difficult and cumbersome as possible, not to mention annoying, to listen to music in the car. Maybe they believe we should just enjoy the silence and appreciate the drive???

On top of that, I do not believe the hardware is there to listen to true SirusXM Satellite Radio, so no OTA update can fix that.
FWIW, my SA said the hardware IS there, and while not committing that SXM will be supported, he said it can be done with a software update.....who knows...?

That would be great if that is the case. So they actually installed the appropriate antenna? That definitely contradicts what I have heard before and I seriously (excuse the pun) hope you are correct and I am wrong.

That would be great if that is the case. So they actually installed the appropriate antenna? That definitely contradicts what I have heard before and I seriously (excuse the pun) hope you are correct and I am wrong.
I, of course, am just repeating what I was told.

As has been mentioned here before, assuming you have the SXM app on your phone (and an unlimited data plan!) you can stream thru the car, and presumably control the app on the car's screen once CarPlay is supported.

That is not Satellite Radio. If I lose my music because I lose cellular service, then it is not true Satellite Radio. I have the App on my phone and that is how I listen to SiriusXM in my '68 and '73 Mustangs. I was kinda hoping Lucid might do better than what I can do with 50+ year old cars myself.

Back