What would you use the USB port for?

What would you use the USB port for most?

• Music

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Phone Charging

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Navigation (i.e. Google maps)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Wouldn't use

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
I would use for stored music on USB drive,
Hope wireless chargers work well in production cars, did not work in Pre-production car that was used for test drives

Yes, but the geniuses over at Lucid decided that we did not need SiriusXM, even though the preponderance of cars sold now include this ability. It actually appears they wanted to make it as difficult and cumbersome as possible, not to mention annoying, to listen to music in the car. Maybe they believe we should just enjoy the silence and appreciate the drive???

On top of that, I do not believe the hardware is there to listen to true SirusXM Satellite Radio, so no OTA update can fix that.
Yes, I too would like to know what idiot decided to not have XM Satellite Radio. What was their thinking and/or rationale? Maybe hope is not lost if they included a special "Ready for XM" connector in their entertainment unit. This is how XM is currently supported by most car manufacturers. Rather than building the XM tuner into the entertainment unit, the connector allows you to plug an external tuner with antenna, into the entertainment unit (SiriusXM SXV300AZV1 Satellite Radio Vehicle Tuner). Of course, this requires software to make it work, but that would be OK, if they would ever get around to writing it.

FWIW, my SA said the hardware IS there, and while not committing that SXM will be supported, he said it can be done with a software update.....who knows...?
Hardware could easily mean internet. They could easily add a native SiriusXM App into the pilot panel like Tidal, Spotify etc. but just use the internet as Sirius now offers this also. If the car had the antenna I don't know why it wouldn't have been in it from day 1 just like FM/AM radio is.

I assume that Sirius xm is not a priority for them. Seems like something simple to just put it.

Back