What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

I would like the app to facilitate connecting the lucid home charger with my wifi, like done with sonos and home security systems.
I have not been able to get them connected despite several communications with customer service
Do you have a Wi-Fi connection to the lucid charger just like Sonos has to it’s controller??

Aside from request for adding regular charging log history to mobile app, please also add Service Center Invoice log in mobile app for reference.

Still find myself clicking "turn climate" on so many times for it to stick.

I just want stuff to work the first time. Lol

Still find myself clicking "turn climate" on so many times for it to stick.

I just want stuff to work the first time. Lol
Worked fine today on the first tap, 2.1.10.

Same, I had all kinds of trouble with remote climate until I got the 2.1.10 update today. Much better.

What would I like to see added on the Lucid app? How about an indication that a middle-aged boomer like me managed to walk away from my car with the driver door open ALL NIGHT, in a Los Angeles CA car park? I parked my car in a minimally secure hotel lot, and walked away without closing the door. I was astounded that my car had not been vandalised and burglarised during the night.

Attachments

• IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
What would I like to see added on the Lucid app? How about an indication that a middle-aged boomer like me managed to walk away from my car with the driver door open ALL NIGHT, in a Los Angeles CA car park? I parked my car in a minimally secure hotel lot, and walked away without closing the door. I was astounded that my car had not been vandalised and burglarised during the night.
Omg. Well, the app does show your car door as open lol.

It does?!
Omg. Well, the app does show your car door as open lol.

It does?! But I suppose I would have to open the Lucid app to see that, right? I should be more a specific in my request - how about a notification that a door has been left open, a la another very popular EV maker whose name shall not be mentioned?

It does?!

It does?! But I suppose I would have to open the Lucid app to see that, right? I should be more a specific in my request - how about a notification that a door has been left open, a la another very popular EV maker whose name shall not be mentioned?
Yea but a notification of anything ajar would be good after say 5 minutes?

You should definitely get a notification if you walk away from your car and the door is wide open five minutes later.

Yeah this is a good idea. If it makes you feel any better, my wife leaves our Ioniq 5 unlocked all the time, because it doesn’t have passive lock when you walk away. It doesn’t send a notification.

I wrote a Home Assistant automation to lock it if it’s been idle for more than 10 minutes.

Once I reverse Lucid’s websockets API, maybe I’ll do the same.

Yeah this is a good idea. If it makes you feel any better, my wife leaves our Ioniq 5 unlocked all the time, because it doesn’t have passive lock when you walk away. It doesn’t send a notification.

I wrote a Home Assistant automation to lock it if it’s been idle for more than 10 minutes.

Once I reverse Lucid’s websockets API, maybe I’ll do the same.
Home Assistant fan here. Please share if you do.

Ignoring the worrying Flutter job postings for the mobile app,

Huge kudos to the existing shortcut setup

Ability to control wifi… important when the car is not being driven (eg in winter storage), connected to wifi & plugged in, the owner is in FL and wants to continue getting OTA updates…. should the wifi get disconnected someone has to physically enter the car and re-connect to wifi…
If I’m physically in the car I can do everything I am asking - I can see all wifi networks in range and I can join one
Why can’t the app send a command to the car to “view networks” and send that info back to the app and the app displays this info the same way as if I was in the car (which is the same format you see on your iPhone)
Then on my app, if I select a network other than the network the car is currently connected to, a command goes back to the car from the app to connect to wifi network ABC
The car currently sends temperature, tire pressure, charge level etc to the app. I can remote (via the app) from the car’s location beep the horn, open/close the trunk, lock the doors, etc. so the app and car can and do communicate back & forth - why not for wifi?

Ability to control wifi… important when the car is not being driven (eg in winter storage), connected to wifi & plugged in, the owner is in FL and wants to continue getting OTA updates…. should the wifi get disconnected someone has to physically enter the car and re-connect to wifi…

OTA updates will work over cellular data. So if WiFi disconnects, it should still get updated. Unless you are in a spotty coverage area.

OTA updates will work over cellular data. So if WiFi disconnects, it should still get updated. Unless you are in a spotty coverage area.
Yep - but if car is in a hi-rise condo parking garage 3 levels below ground, only the wifi will work…

My lucid air drives better than my older tesla S or newer Y. But the software is sorta horrible. With all the sensors on the car it doesn’t hold its lane. Tesla with two “eyes” and radar was far better. And the next biggest wish is using all the cameras as a dash cam with access and recorded file that Tesla has done and Rivian too. It’s a really big issue in crashes or altercations. Is there a list of intended software updates anywhere? im hoping because of the new SUV the software will have to get better to compete.

Back