What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

Lucid app will show you other chargers, it just won't show the status. In your screenshot, you can see another charger on the left in a Grey circle.
Yes, I only see 2 grey ones currently in whole city, I used to be able see many dozens more. Probably the app has internal filter, but I cannot find filter in the Lucid mobile app.

It’s not any urgent improvement, but good bells and whistles. I can find way more in Lucid native navigation.

2E4C90CC-4A93-42A9-A532-23F90342BB53.jpeg

Last edited:
The app seems very active at night, the usage is right at the top! It doesn't seem background app refresh is suspending the app at all.

IMG_1778.PNG

The app seems very active at night, the usage is right at the top! It doesn't seem background app refresh is suspending the app at all.

View attachment 11254
There's a possibility that when the car is chilling and charging, it's uploading larger data that it's collected through cameras, sensors, DDP, etc?

Just a thought. Just because we don't have Sentry or Dash Cam mode doesn't mean it's not being analyzed or that the data isn't being used somehow.

Kyle's dad from Out of Spec reviews recently shared that there's a truck who entered his Lane on the freeway when he was using Dream Drive Pro and the car sensed that it was crossing the comfort zone and the car scooted over to give it some space and to avoid a potential collision.

My car has never done that, but then again, I'm extremely cautious and take over before I pass a semi or large truck.

But if what he says it's true, that's definitely something new and a personal anecdote I haven't heard anyone else mentioning. So it makes me optimistic.

Surely other must have mentioned this before, but just to add another vote for options on the app to check on the SOC, tire pressure, and trip data while the car is parked.
For my EQS, I can do all this without waking the car up because there's an on-off button.
Since there is no such switch for Lucid, not waking up the car may not be possible here.

Surely other must have mentioned this before, but just to add another vote for options on the app to check on the SOC, tire pressure, and trip data while the car is parked.
For my EQS, I can do all this without waking the car up because there's an on-off button.
Since there is no such switch for Lucid, not waking up the car may not be possible here.
I don’t understand what having an off button has to do with it. If Lucid wanted to permanently store last known tire pressure in the app, they could easily do that without waking the car. They already do keep that data for a short period. But then they override it when the app wakes the car and asks for the sensor data again.

Your Mercedes can’t be giving you current tire pressure, because tire pressure sensors require the tires be in motion for a bit before they work. So that data is whatever the car last reported. If someone slashed your tires overnight, the app isn’t going to read that.

Trip data is even easier. Have the car report the data to the app and store it. If the car is asleep, there’s no way that data can change.

Getting a bit more complicated, I think Lucid could find a subset of live data that wouldn’t require a “full wake” such as SoC. They could also allow unlocking, opening the frunk, etc without having to wake the car fully. A small set of commands. Tesla did something similar a while back, and it made opening the frunk or turning on climate from your phone much quicker and more consistent.

That way, the car would not fully wake every time you launch the app. It could just communicate for those limited things until you actually open the doors.

There’s no magic to a physical on button that can’t just as easily be accomplished with an unlatched door or a press on the brake pedal.

Kyle's dad from Out of Spec reviews recently shared that there's a truck who entered his Lane on the freeway when he was using Dream Drive Pro and the car sensed that it was crossing the comfort zone and the car scooted over to give it some space and to avoid a potential collision.

My car has never done that, but then again, I'm extremely cautious and take over before I pass a semi or large truck.

I had the car interrupted me 3 times in the past year. One time was like Kyle’s dad scenario; one time was when I back out to blind spot a bicycle came in cross traffic; the other time was making right turn from parking lot, it phantom brake on me bc a crazy incoming crossing traffic.

I think Air is safest car I ever owned.

FEATURE SUGGESTION:
Aside from maintaining cabin temperature, ability to turn on heating/cooling seats and heating steering wheel is very practical.

05F65820-DA71-4D70-AF78-E8EC4301B85B.jpeg
(Rivian mobile app for reference)

I don’t understand what having an off button has to do with it. If Lucid wanted to permanently store last known tire pressure in the app, they could easily do that without waking the car. They already do keep that data for a short period. But then they override it when the app wakes the car and asks for the sensor data again.

Your Mercedes can’t be giving you current tire pressure, because tire pressure sensors require the tires be in motion for a bit before they work. So that data is whatever the car last reported. If someone slashed your tires overnight, the app isn’t going to read that.

Trip data is even easier. Have the car report the data to the app and store it. If the car is asleep, there’s no way that data can change.

Getting a bit more complicated, I think Lucid could find a subset of live data that wouldn’t require a “full wake” such as SoC. They could also allow unlocking, opening the frunk, etc without having to wake the car fully. A small set of commands. Tesla did something similar a while back, and it made opening the frunk or turning on climate from your phone much quicker and more consistent.

That way, the car would not fully wake every time you launch the app. It could just communicate for those limited things until you actually open the doors.

There’s no magic to a physical on button that can’t just as easily be accomplished with an unlatched door or a press on the brake pedal.
Thanks for digging into this., @joec.
Being a techno illiterate, I'd mistakenly assumed that the car needs to be wakened to establish communication with the app.
Good to hear that these features are technically feasible. and have been implemented elsewhere.
That aside, a physical switch is just another Baskin Robbins flavor that allows one to sit in the car unobtrusively, not having the lights or AC on , although here in Az I would need the latter real soon.
Regarding the tire pressure, MB doesn't require the tire in motion because the app would periodically update the pressure throughout the day, even when the car is in the garage.

I'd like to be able to schedule Remote Climate. It's a great feature, especially in the summer when the car is usually scorching after being parked outside. However, I generally forget to start it in time to cool the car. It would be fantastic if I could schedule the car, well ahead of time, to be at a comfortable temperature when I plan to leave work, wrap up a meeting, etc.

I
Oh. We can’t do that? Lucid needs to get on this. An EV manufacturer of another name had these features available on their app, almost from the beginning.
I truly hope Lucid looks and the bug list and wish list and does THEM ALL. I’d like to see a “new feature of the month” program. That would create buzz in the industry. The www.lucidupdates.com site compiles lots of info from the forum into lists in order of importance. LUCID: if you’re reading this please reach out to me to discuss.

I truly hope Lucid looks and the bug list and wish list and does THEM ALL. I’d like to see a “new feature of the month” program. That would create buzz in the industry. The www.lucidupdates.com site compiles lots of info from the forum into lists in order of importance. LUCID: if you’re reading this please reach out to me to discuss.
Truly lately Bobby’s Lucidupdates site gets updated more than the mobile app. WTG!
I’m loving and bookmarked that site and suggestion all Lucid owners do too!

I control seat and steering wheel heat from pilot panel temperature control selection

I control seat and steering wheel heat from pilot panel temperature control selection
Correct, that is the way you control it from within the car. This thread is about items that owners would like to see added to the mobile app.

I'd like to be able to schedule Remote Climate. It's a great feature, especially in the summer when the car is usually scorching after being parked outside. However, I generally forget to start it in time to cool the car. It would be fantastic if I could schedule the car, well ahead of time, to be at a comfortable temperature when I plan to leave work, wrap up a meeting, etc.
Able to record and view

Back