What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

Integration w/ Apple Car Key. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211234

The major benefit over the Mobile Key is Apple Car Key works extremely consistently, and works even when the phone battery runs out (just like any other Wallet cars in Express Mode).
I’m curious if Lucid is using Digital Key 2.0 - that should make it a simple software change to make it work if I’m reading the docs correctly.

Edit: digital key 3.0 requires UWB which I don’t know if the car supports.

Last edited:
Just take a look at the Tesla app and follow that. I used to use the Tesla app mainly for climate control access ahead of getting in the car. Cold day, turn the heat on in advance.
I totally agree...The Tesla App features are a great example. Same way Lucid Design should be a great example to Tesla for the future!!

I don't have my car yet, and so it's tough for me to comment on the app. But, given the concerns expressed by a number of owners about slow boot-up time. it would be nice if the app had the ability to fully turn the car on!

By this, I mean:
1. Check to make sure all doors and trunk/frunk are locked, and all windows are closed.
2. Boot up all display panels.
3. Boot up all cameras.
4. Turn on climate control to last-used setting (or another setting customizable within the app).
5. Set seat position, etc. to profile for phone app operator (can more than one profile be set in the phone app so that the phone user could choose which profile for the car to use?) Going to an initial "comfort access" setting for the driver seat and then promptly moving the seat into profile position once the driver sits down would be nice.
6. Turn on selected exterior and interior lighting if it's dark outside.

The idea is that, if you're out and about, all you would have to do is unlock the car, get in, fasten your seat belt and go! No boot up time at all. If at home or charging somewhere else, you might have to disconnect your charger cable first, but otherwise, just get into the car and it's fully ready to go.

If Lucid was concerned about the amount of power draw used by the car to keep it in this "fully ready" state, they could always set a time limit, like 5-10 minutes, before the car would automatically go to sleep again.

A man can dream!

I don't have my car yet, and so it's tough for me to comment on the app. But, given the concerns expressed by a number of owners about slow boot-up time. it would be nice if the app had the ability to fully turn the car on!

By this, I mean:
1. Check to make sure all doors and trunk/frunk are locked, and all windows are closed.
2. Boot up all display panels.
3. Boot up all cameras.
4. Turn on climate control to last-used setting (or another setting customizable within the app).
5. Set seat position, etc. to profile for phone app operator (can more than one profile be set in the phone app so that the phone user could choose which profile for the car to use?) Going to an initial "comfort access" setting for the driver seat and then promptly moving the seat into profile position once the driver sits down would be nice.
6. Turn on selected exterior and interior lighting if it's dark outside.

The idea is that, if you're out and about, all you would have to do is unlock the car, get in, fasten your seat belt and go! No boot up time at all. If at home or charging somewhere else, you might have to disconnect your charger cable first, but otherwise, just get into the car and it's fully ready to go.

If Lucid was concerned about the amount of power draw used by the car to keep it in this "fully ready" state, they could always set a time limit, like 5-10 minutes, before the car would automatically go to sleep again.

A man can dream!
I like this

I’d request the opposite too
A big arsed power down button (like robocop) that closes all windows, froot and boot, conforms the doors are closed, and arms sentry mode.

I like this

I’d request the opposite too
A big arsed power down button (like robocop) that closes all windows, froot and boot, conforms the doors are closed, and arms sentry mode.
Too bad they didn't have a button like that for ED-209 at the beginning of the movie. Mr. Kinney sure would have appreciated it...

I’d love to see an Air system diagram of which control blocks are powered when. That would go a long way to understand how much improvement to the “boot” time could be made. If all of the systems needed for standby (cameras, system radios, a low-power “parked” main CPU mode, local controllers on the vehicle network, and some power management) can run on ~40W average or less, the car would only lose a few miles per day while parked and have near instantaneous boot-up. A boy can dream…

On another note, I’d like for the mobile app to download a trip log and be able to show what the kW/h consumed is at any point along the route. Maybe add a second graph to it that shows incline, elevation, air temp and vehicle speed vs. position along the route. Probably of limited value to Joe & Jane Commuter, but I gather some of us like pouring over data.

Agreed, just do what Tesla does (incl Bluetooth phone connection to car whatever it takes to make door locking and unlocking quick and consistent).

Are you owners telling me (car coming late-May) that you can't currently open the car with your phone unless you have decent cell phone service? If so, does that practically mean you always need to keep a fob with you in case cell service weak?

Agreed, just do what Tesla does (incl Bluetooth phone connection to car whatever it takes to make door locking and unlocking quick and consistent).

Are you owners telling me (car coming late-May) that you can't currently open the car with your phone unless you have decent cell phone service? If so, does that practically mean you always need to keep a fob with you in case cell service weak?
No, it does use Bt to act as a mobile key

Just one more app that I have to use.da
Actually it uses the Find My app which you should already have on your iPhone if you are an Apple user. It really is a killer product. I have one on all my keys, plus on my wallet, plus one in my car in case I need more accurate directions to find it in a parking garage. I also put one on my toddler if we go to a public event, in case he wanders off.

Actually it uses the Find My app which you should already have on your iPhone if you are an Apple user. It really is a killer product. I have one on all my keys, plus on my wallet, plus one in my car in case I need more accurate directions to find it in a parking garage. I also put one on my toddler if we go to a public event, in case he wanders off.

Same. With my ADHD, they are lifesavers. If only I could put one on my sunglasses without looking like a moron…

Same. With my ADHD, they are lifesavers. If only I could put one on my sunglasses without looking like a moron…
If everyone who started a new fashion trend thought that way...

One other thing @Firstto520: on iOS the app login screen does not reliably allow you to auto fill the username/password from your device. It also will not allow anything to be pasted into the password field. The end result is having to look up your password and manually type it in anytime you have to login again.

Edit: The issue is not Face ID but the autofill for credentials when logging in for the first time (or having to re-login)

Last edited:
One other thing @Firstto520: on iOS the app login screen does not reliably allow you to auto fill the username/password from your device. It also will not allow anything to be pasted into the password field. The end result is having to look up your password and manually type it in anytime you have to login again.
No FaceID in iPhone app? You have to be kidding me!

Back