RESOLVED What is the Chime sound after getting into the car after a few seconds

Lavenchi

Cars
Air Touring, Tesla Model
After getting into the car after it's been asleep for awhile there is a chiming sound that plays for 1-2 seconds. I assume it's the car trying to notify me of something but nothing pops up on any of the screens when it happens, I tried asking Alexa if there was a notification but no luck. Does anyone know what it is?

I still have not heard this sound at all. Strange.

Are we sure folks haven't had their speed limit detection warnings accidentally reset to on? I don't think that's the same sound, but maybe they've changed it?
Well, it happened as I was sitting down in the car while parked, so definitely not a speed limit thing.

Are we sure folks haven't had their speed limit detection warnings accidentally reset to on? I don't think that's the same sound, but maybe they've changed it
For me it happens before I start driving.

I’ve noticed this as well since the .42 update. It’s always within a few seconds of getting in the car. My hypotheses have been that it indicates recognition of the appropriate profile, successful loading of the profile preferences, or that the the system has completed the boot up process. But I’m judging this solely from the timing of when I hear the sound.

The mystery thickens... thanks to this thread, those who haven't heard it yet are now looking to hear it in their cars to help solve this mystery. It's like the reflective glare issue where you just ignore it until someone points it out. 🤣

I've been noticing this sound too. It used to freak me out, sounding as if was getting some warning, but I never see anything on the dash and now I just ignore it.

Are we sure folks haven't had their speed limit detection warnings accidentally reset to on? I don't think that's the same sound, but maybe they've changed it?
I did turn off the terrible interaction noises on my vehicle.. maybe the sound is tied to that setting?

I hear the chime every time I get into my car as well before stepping on the brake pedal to go into full drive mode. I also thought it was for an notification, but just now ignore it when it goes off.

I did turn off the terrible interaction noises on my vehicle.. maybe the sound is tied to that setting?
No. Mine are set to very quiet, but still on.

Here's the real question, have any ANDROID users gotten this chime?

Android user here...as others hearing this chime...Also I do NOT have .43...I'm still on .42

Back