Weak AC/Heater blower

Just to be clear: I agree it feels weaker; my Mazda 3 definitely blasted me in the face. I just don't know if it's:
a) actually weaker (I've tested the temp with an IR thermometer at the vent, and it definitely gets plenty cold; I haven't used a flowmeter to measure output yet though), or,
b) it just feels weaker because it is literally impossible to get the vents pointed directly at your face.

(b) is honestly probably my biggest gripe with the car. I need to get in a car and have AC slamming me in the face, because that is what I have always done. When my wife drives, she's the opposite; she wants the AC to be ambient and not touching her at all, so she moves the vents around. It then takes me what feels like a week to get them back into a position that they can blow on my face again, even a little bit. The overhang above the vents just redirects all the air, lol.

So I don't know if it's literally weaker or just feels that way. That's all I mean.
I am with your wife on that one, I already have dry eyes and I can't stand air blowing in my face. So I'm pretty confident the total circulating capacity is lower in the Air than in my last car. I never had the vents pointed at me, and it still felt like I was in a wind storm with max A/C on. In the Air, I barely feel any movement.

I am with your wife on that one, I already have dry eyes and I can't stand air blowing in my face. So I'm pretty confident the total circulating capacity is lower in the Air than in my last car. I never had the vents pointed at me, and it still felt like I was in a wind storm with max A/C on. In the Air, I barely feel any movement.
Well, that's helpful!

(b) is honestly probably my biggest gripe with the car. I need to get in a car and have AC slamming me in the face, because that is what I have always done. When my wife drives, she's the opposite; she wants the AC to be ambient and not touching her at all, so she moves the vents around. It then takes me what feels like a week to get them back into a position that they can blow on my face again, even a little bit. The overhang above the vents just redirects all the air, lol.

So I don't know if it's literally weaker or just feels that way. That's all I mean.
Good grief, we’re married to the same woman! 🙄

Yes. Max AC is inadequate compared to other vehicles. Again, we’re talking 115+ degrees. The blower is just weak, period. I’m sure that functions well enough in more moderate temps.
I am on my second summer in New Orleans with AT glass roof with extra tint applied and it's miserable. If I forget to turn on A/C and my car has been in the sun for awhile (which it is at my work) I won't be comfortable for at least 15 minutes...just in time to get home. Max A/C is pretty pitiful and service checked and said everything is tip-top so this is it and it's simply not good enough. There are only 2-3 months a year I don't love my Lucid more than I hate it's shortfalls and I'm in the thick of that time now

Good grief, we’re married to the same woman! 🙄
Same here! She is literally slapping the vents in my car so they do not blow on her at all.

Regarding the sun gain...
I live in Atlanta and this is my first summer with my AGT with glass roof. I have found the only thing that truly helps are the Lucid Sunshades.
I also have my roof tinted but the glass itself heats up and acts like a radiator. The sunshades buffer you from that and help reject more heat.
One of the downsides of having that amazing canopy I guess.

Same here! She is literally slapping the vents in my car so they do not blow on her at all.

Regarding the sun gain...
I live in Atlanta and this is my first summer with my AGT with glass roof. I have found the only thing that truly helps are the Lucid Sunshades.
I also have my roof tinted but the glass itself heats up and acts like a radiator. The sunshades buffer you from that and help reject more heat.
One of the downsides of having that amazing canopy I guess.
And yet both my wife and myself are disappointed that we cannot aim the vents to our face in the hot summer time because the dash lip prevents the vents from hitting our face.
I guess everybody's expectations, likes and dislikes are different.

And yet both my wife and myself are disappointed that we cannot aim the vents to our face in the hot summer time because the dash lip prevents the vents from hitting our face.
I guess everybody's expectations, likes and dislikes are different.
I'm with you. I like cool air directed on me too, so our car's vents get a lot of action! LOL

I'm not arguing; genuinely curious. My max A/C settings gets me pretty comfortable pretty quick. If I don't have the rear A/C on, though, it takes a lot longer (max A/C turns it on automatically).

We've had a heat wave here in NorCal recently with 105+ temps also, hence why I've gotten to test it recently.

But: I also have my windows all tinted (70% windshield, 35% everywhere else) and I have the Lucid sunshades for the roof (which I ordered from the rewards store because a heat wave was coming, haha), and I suspect those help a lot.

Got either tint or sunshades? :p
Yes, both tint and sunshades. I have not tinted the front windshield, however.

The problem with the max setting is that when the rear vents are open, the front vents suffer in airflow (at least in my vehicle). When you get into a 150 deg vehicle, any little bit of air blowing on your face is necessary.

I have a separate theory as to why the AC feels as bad as it does which is interior space. In a home, a lot of calculations are done based off the size of the home. Lucid is the same footprint as my taycan but interior wise it’s not even close. The taycan is a small car inside and its AC is spectacular in comparison. I’m almost curious if the AC is weak AND the interior space makes it harder to cool AND the glass used isn’t treated for heat properly (mentioned by a tech that came to check out my AC).

Does this issue exist on models that have the reverse heat pump? I believe the 24 sapphire and 24 grand touring have this feature. It would be helpful to know if there is a dramatic difference in the models that have a heat pump.

The air vents flow is not organic. Even with the manual levers it’s not the smooth flow.

Hi everyone,

I’ve been having this issue from delivery day but keep forgetting to check if prior loaners behaved similarly or not. In my opinion, at max fan settings, there is insufficient HVAC air flow compared to many other vehicles I’ve previously owned. At full tilt, my Audi Q5 probably has 4x the airflow.

Short of getting an air flow meter, which I just might have to get to prove to Lucid that my vehicle has a weak fan, has anyone else noticed this with their vehicle compared to other, non Lucid vehicles?

I live in the desert and with 120 degree temps (despite high quality UV blocking tint) the car is impossible to cool if sitting in the sun for even an hour.

Thoughts/feedback are appreciated.
Do you have a 2024 model?

Texas Summer here. So far I have found the center vents to be "adequate" but not great. My biggest issue however, is with the outer vent on the driver's side. Wow... I feel almost nothing come out of there even with my hand right up against the vent.

I've only had the car a few days, so perhaps it is just getting it's legs 🦵... No glass roof, I knew better.

One kind of interesting side bar is that we have a loaner 2024 Macan right now as well and it too suffers the same terrible AC fate! So I at least can feel good knowing it isn't just this brand new car.

Texas Summer here. So far I have found the center vents to be "adequate" but not great. My biggest issue however, is with the outer vent on the driver's side. Wow... I feel almost nothing come out of there even with my hand right up against the vent.

I've only had the car a few days, so perhaps it is just getting it's legs 🦵... No glass roof, I knew better.

One kind of interesting side bar is that we have a loaner 2024 Macan right now as well and it too suffers the same terrible AC fate! So I at least can feel good knowing it isn't just this brand new car.
Make sure the vent isn't closed; the knob turns to open/close the vent. Assuming you have the vent turned on in the climate settings, and the floor vents and defrost off, if you turn up the fan you should definitely feel it coming out of all the top vents.

What model do you have? Pure, Air, or Grand Touring?

Does this issue exist on models that have the reverse heat pump? I believe the 24 sapphire and 24 grand touring have this feature. It would be helpful to know if there is a dramatic difference in the models that have a heat pump.
I have the '24 Grand touring and I feel the same way. Not sure if the heat pump makes a difference in the air volume.

Not enough Air Flow for me. Wife is fine, closing the louvers but I like the air in my face. LOL

I think it's definitely not the strongest AC Airflow; however, when I compare it to my 2024 X7, the airflow at the BMW is even worse (considering in addition - just having the panorama roof vs. the Lucid's Glass canopy). The same is true of the Audi Q7 I had before. The only one with a hurricane AC was the Acura MDX I owned :-)

I have the '24 Grand touring and I feel the same way. Not sure if the heat pump makes a difference in the air volume.

Not enough Air Flow for me. Wife is fine, closing the louvers but I like the air in my face. LOL
How is the heat air flow?

What model do you have? Pure, Air, or Grand Touring?
Hi,

Touring with the steel roof. Having lived in Las Vegas, NV, and now the Houston area, I knew better than to get a glass roof! As was mentioned above, the vent knob was turned to the closed position. My delivery rep failed to mention that functionality, and I missed it while reading the owner's manual. Now that I have discovered this, the AC feels great to me.

Back