Weak AC/Heater blower

I discovered a (mostly) happy side effect with the AC this summer. With the roof shades on, running the AC through the defroster had the dual effect of cooling the top of the car quickly, and the airflow was a comfortable diffuse circulation over my head. Being bald, this was especially appreciated. The only minor observation was that if the car was parked or the temps were moderate, there could be condensation on the outside of the windshield.

I gave up on it long ago and settled for the vents blowing the cool air on my hands instead, lol. I've had a similar experience to @borski, I like to feel the air blowing on my face but others who have gotten in the car direct the vents in different directions so I guess Lucid can't please everyone. I think if the lip on the dashboard didn't have such a large overhang it wouldn't have been an issue.

Having said that, i've gotten used to it and learnt that setting the AC to Auto and leting the car manage the air speed and dispersement does a lot better job than when I was manually doing it. This summer was a non-issue with the roof shades and keep mode.
When properly designed, Auto should work best, and on other cars I've owned, I almost never took things off Auto. If Lucid set the AC to Max when activated remotely, and then set it back to normal when somebody entered the car, that would be a big improvement. But I also question why anybody should have to set it to Max, if it's so hot when they get in the car that it's needed. Auto should start off at Max when the inside temperature is above a certain threshold. If the interior is 80 degrees F, with circulating air, it might be acceptable as is. But if the interior is 130 degrees, not having it on Max is inadequate, and Auto should give that level of cooling automatically.

Back