Wallbox charger at home

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
I finally got a Level 2 charger at home. I wanted a ChargePoint, but Amazon has it sold out so I got Wallbox. Does anyone have experience with it? I saw Amazon and Elektrek site have good rating, then when I downloaded the the app from Apple App Store only saw 2.6 stars rating. 😔 I’m charging it first time. Any one has any tip? What is strength and weakness of this charger?

Attachments

• 6EBC0F60-56F9-4CF0-9B53-DC39F4E8AA52.jpeg
    6EBC0F60-56F9-4CF0-9B53-DC39F4E8AA52.jpeg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 66F3E9E9-3140-4903-8B13-344450AAA95D.jpeg
    66F3E9E9-3140-4903-8B13-344450AAA95D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
  • 0F82B5C1-DD49-4C25-959B-524B6CA7380C.png
    0F82B5C1-DD49-4C25-959B-524B6CA7380C.png
    411.8 KB · Views: 115
It’s great. Annoying to get connected to the internet the first time, but otherwise great.

I finally got a Level 2 charger at home. I wanted a ChargePoint, but Amazon has it sold out so I got Wallbox. Does anyone have experience with it? I saw Amazon and Elektrek site have good rating, then when I downloaded the the app from Apple App Store only saw 2.6 stars rating. 😔 I’m charging it first time. Any one has any tip? What is strength and weakness of this charger?

I have it .Love it.

Set your charge in the Lucid to daily.

Plug it in the car. Works great. Easy to use.

I’m away, Lucid mobile app shows it is still charging, but Wallbox app couldn’t connect on 5G to give me details. Not a big deal if I cannot read stats remotely, but is this common with you guys? And what is your kWh? I set at 48amp.

Attachments

• A1F550C0-41C5-4DB0-A1E7-AB8E89B11BA1.png
    A1F550C0-41C5-4DB0-A1E7-AB8E89B11BA1.png
    960.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 3C4EB3F8-B837-474C-B7EE-0988651B8A5D.png
    3C4EB3F8-B837-474C-B7EE-0988651B8A5D.png
    277 KB · Views: 95
  • A39CCC3B-379E-44D7-8B6D-DD3E1A54AF0A.png
    A39CCC3B-379E-44D7-8B6D-DD3E1A54AF0A.png
    1,018 KB · Views: 93
My father charges his Mustang Mach E with a Wallbox and plans on using it for his Lucid when it arrives. He likes it a lot.

I ordered a ChargePoint From Amazon on Tuesday and received it today. I’m not sure if I just got lucky, because everywhere else was sold out and looking at Amazon I only see 1 at the increased price right now. If for whatever reason you decide to return the Wallbox, you may want to keep checking Amazon for the Re supply.

My father charges his Mustang Mach E with a Wallbox and plans on using it for his Lucid when it arrives. He likes it a lot.

I ordered a ChargePoint From Amazon on Tuesday and received it today. I’m not sure if I just got lucky, because everywhere else was sold out and looking at Amazon I only see 1 at the increased price right now. If for whatever reason you decide to return the Wallbox, you may want to keep checking Amazon for the Re supply.
Funny, Last week when I ordered, ChargePoint was down to 1 left. Amazon app wouldn’t allow me to check out that last one. So I got the Wallbox. Maybe it’s not meant to be for me.

You can order a Chargepoint home flex directly from Chargepoint, with shipping expected in 3-4 weeks. Either model (6-50 or 14-50) can be hardwired. I have one for my wife's car, and it's great. But I'm still hoping to be able to purchase Lucid's unit before my car appears.

Full charge is 460 miles for GT 21”. I wouldn’t even dare to fill up charge in EA 150kW charger.

This is very convenient, don’t have to wait out in the fierce Texas sun to charge. Now time to monitor if phantom drain slower with L2 at home or after EA station.

Full charge is 460 miles for GT 21”. I wouldn’t even dare to fill up charge in EA 150kW charger.

This is very convenient, don’t have to wait out in the fierce Texas sun to charge. Now time to monitor if phantom drain slower with L2 at home or after EA station.

As a Tesla owner I’ve always told people, especially the ones buying Model 3s and Model Ys, that they’re missing out on the complete EV ownership experience if they do NOT set up a home charger.

The reply is often “well, I live in an apartment/condo and they don’t allow us have to have chargers” etc, etc. Fair enough, but if you do have the capability of charging at home then installing a home charger must be part of the cost of acquiring your EV. You’ll never get out of the routine of going to some sort of “gas station” to “fill ’er up” if you don’t spend the extra money to install a home charger.

Facebook Marketplace is replete with postings from young, once enthusiastic Tesla owners, selling their Model 3s and Model Ys. I’m speculating what has happened with many of them - that they realised pretty quickly that without the ability to charge at home every night, it gets to be a real pain having to go somewhere a few times a week, to spend over half an hour just to “fill ‘er up.” The bloom wears off pretty quickly.

I’m very glad you bought a home charger. They’re indispensable if you’re going to be a longterm EV owner.

As a Tesla owner I’ve always told people, especially the ones buying Model 3s and Model Ys, that they’re missing out on the complete EV ownership experience if they do NOT set up a home charger.

The reply is often “well, I live in an apartment/condo and they don’t allow us have to have chargers” etc, etc. Fair enough, but if you do have the capability of charging at home then installing a home charger must be part of the cost of acquiring your EV. You’ll never get out of the routine of going to some sort of “gas station” to “fill ’er up” if you don’t spend the extra money to install a home charger.

Facebook Marketplace is replete with postings from young, once enthusiastic Tesla owners, selling their Model 3s and Model Ys. I’m speculating what has happened with many of them - that they realised pretty quickly that without the ability to charge at home every night, it gets to be a real pain having to go somewhere a few times a week, to spend over half an hour just to “fill ‘er up.” The bloom wears off pretty quickly.

I’m very glad you bought a home charger. They’re indispensable if you’re going to be a longterm EV owner.
That was first thing my DA told me, get L2 when I complained the 110v doesn’t really charge for me. For me getting my GT fast at 6.5 months, I got offset by using Lucid suggested QMeric service. I ordered installation in late April, only til now I got serviced. I thought maybe they were waiting for bi-directional charger to install mine, then I got to travel out of country for awhile missed their appointment set up, when I got back in the country in late June, I went thru a dozen emails to finally get someone out here. The CEO of that subcontractor company sent me an apology letter for waited so long. The service guy also told me, during summer time, company staff has to rotate for family vacation time and they are on all time high installation orders because EV is in high demand. Every week they have 6-7 residential service orders per installer; on top of that, they are working on couple of the new luxury apartment construction with all rental units have access to charge station. So Houston has a very high demand on EVs, but mostly just Tesla on the road for now. I went to 8 different large dealers 2 weeks ago, couldn’t even find ANY used EV for my son who just got his driver license. Everywhere EV is sold out. Therefore it baffled me as 4th largest metropolitan in the country, Lucid still doesn’t have a showroom here yet. I intend to transition all ICE to EVs down the road, therefore I really needed this home charger option.

Last edited:
I've been an enthusiast EV owner for eleven years, am planning to remain from this point on an all-EV household, and absolutely would not own an EV without having a permanent home-charging setup.

Back