Vampire drain

Is his wife a vampire😂? Sorry... Had to respond, too funny.
Wife is not a vampire that I know of. She goes out during the day so I’m thinking no. And I’m the only one with the app. And I don’t think I’m using the app while I’m sleeping. At least I am not having dreams that I am anyway. 😁

Wife is not a vampire that I know of. She goes out during the day so I’m thinking no. And I’m the only one with the app. And I don’t think I’m using the app while I’m sleeping. At least I am not having dreams that I am anyway. 😁
Regarding the app, if it is running in the foreground or the background on your phone, it may be waking the car when you are unaware (sleeping, walking nearby, or anything inbetween). When you open your app, if you see the icon on the top right (that rectangle with the waves emanating up), it means your phone is a key fob and it's connected to the car. Turn off you bluetooth (the icon will get a slash thru it) and make sure your app is closed and not running in the background until you want to use it.

There's simply no reason for 5-10 miles/night for vampire drain. Even in 30 degree weather here without a heated garage, I didn't have that much drain.

Attachments

• Temp.png
    Temp.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 81
I’ve been monitoring the car carefully overnight. In the past week, it has lost about 1 mile of range per night, parked in the garage from around 6pm until 7am. Ambient overnight temps are averaging 56 degrees, but the garage is a bit warmer.

Vampires not going out in sunlight is (excuse me)... an old wife's tale...

Regarding the app, if it is running in the foreground or the background on your phone, it may be waking the car when you are unaware (sleeping, walking nearby, or anything inbetween). When you open your app, if you see the icon on the top right (that rectangle with the waves emanating up), it means your phone is a key fob and it's connected to the car. Turn off you bluetooth (the icon will get a slash thru it) and make sure your app is closed and not running in the background until you want to use it.

There's simply no reason for 5-10 miles/night for vampire drain. Even in 30 degree weather here without a heated garage, I didn't have that much drain.
I use my phone to connect with many BT devices other than this car... expecting that we'd turn off BT on our phones in order to avoid a vampire drain that other devices using BT don't suffer from is unreasonable.

I too am continuing to see a vampire drain, and am confident that it is not from the BT (as the phone's BT does not reach to the place my car is parked). I also have BT on and a mobile key configured... but the car does not unlock unless the app is the currently open app (the background function of the mobile key does NOT work on a Samsung S22 class phone on Android 12 or 13... reported as far back as Oct 2022 and unaddressed, but I have had one verbal acknowledgement that it is a known problem at least).

I've found the mention of the Wifi interesting, as my car is on my wifi... but then again so are my phones... and I see the vampire drain when the car is not actually connected to wifi (traveling, etc)... and those phones sitting idle have no where near the vampire drain that the car does when it is sitting idle... if just being able to be on Wifi causes this drain, then that part of the car's software needs work.... remember, this portion of the car's behaviors are nothing more than a phone (listen to 3 networks (cell, wifi, BT) for connections).

I use my phone to connect with many BT devices other than this car... expecting that we'd turn off BT on our phones in order to avoid a vampire drain that other devices using BT don't suffer from is unreasonable.

I too am continuing to see a vampire drain, and am confident that it is not from the BT (as the phone's BT does not reach to the place my car is parked). I also have BT on and a mobile key configured... but the car does not unlock unless the app is the currently open app (the background function of the mobile key does NOT work on a Samsung S22 class phone on Android 12 or 13... reported as far back as Oct 2022 and unaddressed, but I have had one verbal acknowledgement that it is a known problem at least).

I've found the mention of the Wifi interesting, as my car is on my wifi... but then again so are my phones... and I see the vampire drain when the car is not actually connected to wifi (traveling, etc)... and those phones sitting idle have no where near the vampire drain that the car does when it is sitting idle... if just being able to be on Wifi causes this drain, then that part of the car's software needs work.... remember, this portion of the car's behaviors are nothing more than a phone (listen to 3 networks (cell, wifi, BT) for connections).
I have confirmed on Pixel 5 that the Lucid app running in the background, with mobile key enabled, WILL unlock the car when approaching. Sounds like the Samsung handles background processing differently, which is odd as they are both running Android.

Can you confirm the app running in the background on Samsung does, in fact, NOT unlock the vehicle?

Regarding keeping you phone bluetooth on all of the time is a personal decision. It's more secure to leave off unless you need it, and it only takes a moment to BT pair with any device, so something to consider if this is your root cause.

Regarding WiFi and updates, one piece of data I have been able to see is via the app of my home charger. In some cases during a large patch download, my overnight charge shows a spike (e.g. a second charge session) for a short duration. This would leave me to believe the WiFi download (could also be telemetry data upload) can cause some battery drain. However, this is infrequent - but can be monitored via the app (Emporia, not Lucid).

If you determine anything else thru testing, please post a reply, and best of luck figuring out root cause.

My Samsung S22 on Android 13 has mobile key working pretty much flawlessly after thr keep open tip.

I have confirmed on Pixel 5 that the Lucid app running in the background, with mobile key enabled, WILL unlock the car when approaching. Sounds like the Samsung handles background processing differently, which is odd as they are both running Android.

Can you confirm the app running in the background on Samsung does, in fact, NOT unlock the vehicle?

Regarding keeping you phone bluetooth on all of the time is a personal decision. It's more secure to leave off unless you need it, and it only takes a moment to BT pair with any device, so something to consider if this is your root cause.

Regarding WiFi and updates, one piece of data I have been able to see is via the app of my home charger. In some cases during a large patch download, my overnight charge shows a spike (e.g. a second charge session) for a short duration. This would leave me to believe the WiFi download (could also be telemetry data upload) can cause some battery drain. However, this is infrequent - but can be monitored via the app (Emporia, not Lucid).

If you determine anything else thru testing, please post a reply, and best of luck figuring out root cause.
My phone is almost always connected to some BT device (e.g. earbuds or a XLink BTTN B07 (BT to house phone) gateway), etc)... I am not changing this... the customer defines the need, not the product.
I've tried the "lock the app open when not in use", it does not seem to fix it for us (it may well for others)... it is well known that Samsung has its fingers deep in the Android it runs (Android 12 had a horrible task killer, and I suspect that there are still remnants of it left on 13).
The only time that the mobile key works is if the app is open (and not always then).
CC has acked that others have reported this same problem of the mobile key not working, and both my wif & I have it.
I concur that large up/down loads will have some battery usage... but again, a phone is a good model and our phones don't show large, daily vampire usage from their monthly software updates (or even from the daily app updates)... and it shows up when not attached to the wifi (e.g. when traveling).

My Samsung S22 on Android 13 has mobile key working pretty much flawlessly after thr keep open tip.
We have taken to just ignoring the mobile key and using the fobs... they work (even if they do burn through batteries).

We have taken to just ignoring the mobile key and using the fobs... they work (even if they do burn through batteries).
Fobs still burning batteries?? Hell I replaced mine over a year ago now and haven’t had to since. Strange!

Fobs still burning batteries?? Hell I replaced mine over a year ago now and haven’t had to since. Strange!
Perhaps I spoke too soon... I'd heard nothing saying they had changed, and (due to body shop work) we've only had our car for 2.5 months now (and it had new fob batteries then)... so, has one of the OTA changes (which one?) fixed this?

I was out of the country for 12 days and left my GT unplugged in an 80 to 85 degree garage. Battery was at 70% SOC when I left and at 67% when I returned. I think that 0.25% per day loss is very good. You can easily leave the car for a month or two without any concern.

I recently turned off wifi (no other known changes) and my daily vampire drain went from about 3/4% per day to about 1/4% per day...
Surprised me... lots of devices (e.g. cell phones) do both for low costs (I'd expect staying on the cell net to be more energy expensive than having wifi turned on or connected, it takes power to send/keep a signal what may be miles to a cell tower).

I just got back from a ~2.5 week vacation. Charged (Level 2) my AT to 80% 2 days before I left and kept it unplugged. AT was on LTE (no WiFi). Did not poll it via the (Android) App while I was out. Checked the SoC a day after I got back. It was 74%! So, 6% drain over ~20 days (or 1/3% per day)

Back