Vampire drain

Question to the lucid owners. Are you guys seeing vampire drain on Lucid? I recently got a Tesla 3 which looses 10-20 miles each day doing nothing. I hope it’s not a problem on Lucid.

That’s very high! I still own a Tesla, and 10-20 miles per day is an inordinate number. Are you sure you’re not leaving Sentry Mode on the whole time, even when your car is home? Sentry Mode will eat your miles like nothing else, when your car is idle and stationary.

None of the Teslas I’ve owned have lost more than about 1% per day. Or 2 to 3 miles per day. My Lucid Air GT seems to lose 1% a day too or less, or 3 to 4 miles a day.

How and when are you charging? The only time I still see significant drain is if I charge at a fast charger and then don't drive the car more than a few miles before it sits. Then there will be drain. If I charge at home I no longer see much drain, though I try not to leave it plugged in as there is more drain if plugged in (though this might have changed, but I already altered my habits so haven't checked).

I had a hip replaced on Tuesday so I last drove my GV60 on Monday and charged it to 80%. It is now Friday and it shows the SOC has gone from 80% to 79%.

I had a hip replaced on Tuesday so I last drove my GV60 on Monday and charged it to 80%. It is now Friday and it shows the SOC has gone from 80% to 79%.
I wish. That is minimal drain. Good luck with the hip. I have had four THR‘s. Always an adventure.

Recent 2 sample data got -1.9 mi/hr or -0.47% SOC per day for AGT.

I had my car parked in my garage for 4 days and lost 10 miles during this time, which is not too bad considering the average temperature in the garage was around 45 . I did not open the app during this time

I heard Rivian folks also seeing increased vampire drain too

I parked my car for 7 days, 11 degree Celsius in garage and it went from 357km to 342km for 15km drain. Not bad.

Our EQS580 suv though lost 0 kms through the same period of time, in the same garage, parked right next to the lucid.

Here’s my phantom drain. This was in early March Sunday morning to Saturday night. ~2kWh. I turned off the connections, Bluetooth and WiFi and the temp was from 45-70F in San Diego.
9F403A0F-696B-4BB7-B3D9-A675E0598F12.jpeg
D618F9B3-B891-454C-BFA7-3485C81913A2.jpeg

I parked my car for 7 days, 11 degree Celsius in garage and it went from 357km to 342km for 15km drain. Not bad.

Our EQS580 suv though lost 0 kms through the same period of time, in the same garage, parked right next to the lucid.
I believe MB uses 48v LV battery as oppose of 12v LV battery like Tesla, Rivian and Lucid? Someone corrects me if I’m wrong.

So onboard function 48v battery can handle more power by itself unlike modern EV uses drivetrain HV battery to charge up 12v LV to keep computers in ready state and not to let 12v die. (I once updated an earlier 1.2.xx OTA and car wouldn’t start and have to have Service Center to troubleshoot)

Also MB goes deep sleep and requires “start” button to wake up all systems.

I’m not electrical engineer, this is just my speculation.

Is there any way we as drivers can see how many times our cars have woke up overnight? I didn't use my app last night and the care has been locked in the driveway overnight. But I lost 15 miles of range.

I feel like 1 mile/hour of loss is too much even in mid 30's temps.

Screenshot_20230321-173302_Lucid.jpg
Screenshot_20230322-090600_Lucid.jpg

@Halodde no there isn’t. Do you use mobile key? Or are your fobs not locked far enough away or in a faraday pouch/box? That can prevent the car from going to sleep, 30 degrees is cold and you definitely will suffer some loss, I’ve only lost 15 miles after a DCFC charge and not driving long enough so the BMS had to cool the pack.

@Halodde no there isn’t. Do you use mobile key? Or are your fobs not locked far enough away or in a faraday pouch/box? That can prevent the car from going to sleep, 30 degrees is cold and you definitely will suffer some loss, I’ve only lost 15 miles after a DCFC charge and not driving long enough so the BMS had to cool the pack.
I've only really monitored the loss for the last 2 nights. The first night I lost 10 miles in about 8 hours without having mobile key turned on. I turned mobile key on yesterday in an attempt to get more consistent behavior than the fob with locking and unlocking. Not sure if the mobile key can fix those inconsistencies but it does not look like it added to the drain. Keys are in my basement office far away from the car overnight.

I've only really monitored the loss for the last 2 nights. The first night I lost 10 miles in about 8 hours without having mobile key turned on. I turned mobile key on yesterday in an attempt to get more consistent behavior than the fob with locking and unlocking. Not sure if the mobile key can fix those inconsistencies but it does not look like it added to the drain. Keys are in my basement office far away from the car overnight.
Major drain happens when …
1) very cold temperature
2) fob is too close to car without signal blocker
3) came back to garage right after a DCFC station have BMS working extra time to regulate battery temperature
4) cabin temperature maintain while away (45 min)

Major drain may possible happens in future …
1) sentry mode running 24/7
2) added more real time apps to car

That's definitely more drain than you should be seeing. As many have posted, there are various possibilities as to why. But as a point of reference, my car has been at the service shop for a week now, and I haven't lost as much battery as you seem to have in a day.

Thanks for the tips. The only thing I can think of is the temp since I have to park outside. But it hasn't even been below freezing either of the last two nights. I'm going to keep troubleshooting it by doing things like turning off Bluetooth and wifi on the car.

Here’s this week’s travel vampire drain. I left the connections on. Monday morning 4am to Friday 3pm. Temps were warmer than the last trip in early March and I was only gone 5 days this time with 3 kWh lost and last time was 7 days with 2 kWh lost and all connections turned off.

Conclusion: I recommend turning off the wireless connections when not driving for an extended period of time if you’re concerned about vampire drain.
64D1AE07-50DD-4B2B-A22E-F44369827B32.jpeg
1A9492CE-6143-4D33-B46B-E7B31A43B5F9.jpeg

I would lose between 5-10 miles a day in my heated garage during the winter. I heat the garage to 60 degrees. The EQS parked right next to it doesn’t lose anything. I also moved my key fobs further away from the car as they used to be on a hook inside the door of the garage, now in the kitchen around 30 feet away. Still same drain.

I would lose between 5-10 miles a day in my heated garage during the winter. I heat the garage to 60 degrees. The EQS parked right next to it doesn’t lose anything. I also moved my key fobs further away from the car as they used to be on a hook inside the door of the garage, now in the kitchen around 30 feet away. Still same drain.
I lose nearly zero. Is your wife attached? Are you accessing the Lucid app during sleep?

I lose nearly zero. Is your wife attached? Are you accessing the Lucid app during sleep?
Is his wife a vampire😂? Sorry... Had to respond, too funny.

Back