• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

V1.1.36

Travelguy2500

Cars
Lucid Dream Edition P
Installed this am; listed as minor improvements - I can't notice anything different. After the update, it took 3 reboots (signal on, close and lock door, wait until signal stops, restart the car) to get it to work normally again:

1. 1st time it restarted, i got the top right pilot screen static issue again - can't see to back my car out of the garage so that sucks and fixed after reboot
2. 2nd time it restarted, key stopped working as did my phone - had to use the card to get the door to open - i did another reboot
3. 3rd time seems to have been the charm; took a quick ride and all seems to be working again.

-Switching from Wifi to cellular after I leave my garage still does not work quickly - I'm on my way a good 5+ minutes before the car gives up on wifi and switches to cell so I can listen to music
- saving nav favorites still doesn't work
- music still does not restart after you get back into the car
- homelink takes 3-4 pushes to get my garage door to respond

These are my most frequent "pain points" as they affect most drives. none showstoppers but recent updates don't seem to have addressed any of them (IMHO)

I just turned wifi off about 3 weeks ago and find that's better overall to get stuff working faster.

1.1.136 was only to address an issue with tempature being displayed incorrectly in the car.

I tried but my garage has zero cell signal so had to fall back to wifi to get any updates. Thanks for details on what (little) was included in the update. Very helpful

Installed this am; listed as minor improvements - I can't notice anything different. After the update, it took 3 reboots (signal on, close and lock door, wait until signal stops, restart the car) to get it to work normally again:

1. 1st time it restarted, i got the top right pilot screen static issue again - can't see to back my car out of the garage so that sucks and fixed after reboot
2. 2nd time it restarted, key stopped working as did my phone - had to use the card to get the door to open - i did another reboot
3. 3rd time seems to have been the charm; took a quick ride and all seems to be working again.

-Switching from Wifi to cellular after I leave my garage still does not work quickly - I'm on my way a good 5+ minutes before the car gives up on wifi and switches to cell so I can listen to music
- saving nav favorites still doesn't work
- music still does not restart after you get back into the car
- homelink takes 3-4 pushes to get my garage door to respond

These are my most frequent "pain points" as they affect most drives. none showstoppers but recent updates don't seem to have addressed any of them (IMHO)
Does it show LTE/5G besides the cell signal display? I asked customer service about that. Because of it not showing up I had no idea if the car actually supported 5G and when/if it switched between LTE and 5G. This is their response:
Thank you for reaching out to Lucid Customer Care with your questions regarding the LTE network used by your vehicle.​
The Lucid Air will utilize 5G when accessible, and will use 4G LTE during other times. 5G is still being rolled out across the nation and improving all the time, so expect 5G connectivity to continue to improve.​

Does it show LTE/5G besides the cell signal display? I asked customer service about that. Because of it not showing up I had no idea if the car actually supported 5G and when/if it switched between LTE and 5G. This is their response:
Thank you for reaching out to Lucid Customer Care with your questions regarding the LTE network used by your vehicle.​
The Lucid Air will utilize 5G when accessible, and will use 4G LTE during other times. 5G is still being rolled out across the nation and improving all the time, so expect 5G connectivity to continue to improve.​
If 5G is anything like on my iPhone then it's absolute trash to a point that I turned it off to keep the phone on LTE. The issue seems to be that the phone holds the 5G signal on 1 bar and just won't fallback to the LTE network for the better signal and even with 1 bar you just don't get connectivity. I wonder if the Lucid is going to have the same issue

I have never seen anything besides bars...

If 5G is anything like on my iPhone then it's absolute trash to a point that I turned it off to keep the phone on LTE. The issue seems to be that the phone holds the 5G signal on 1 bar and just won't fallback to the LTE network for the better signal and even with 1 bar you just don't get connectivity. I wonder if the Lucid is going to have the same issue
I think that's a function of your carrier. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max on T-Mobile. There is 5G everywhere here in Tucson. My house that usually had poor LTE coverage pre-5G, has adequate 5G coverage now. Supposedly Lucid is using AT&T for their cell radio's 4G/5G. It seems that, here, AT&T coverage is not great for 5G. T-Mobile uses a lot of lower frequency spectrum which travels better through obstructions. Sometimes, I just turn on WiFi on the Lucid and connect to my Phone's hotspot.

Back