Car did not restart in Traffic

Sanathan

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I dropped off someone at the Curbside and had to open Driver side door to hand them something. Then I started the car and heard sound in car, notifying Driver side door is open. (it was closed but not aligned completely). Since the traffic was behind me, I did not stop to close the door. At the Signal, I just opened the door slightly to confirm it was Driver side door and closed it. When I opened the Door, car automatically went to Parking. Now I wanted to restart car (in Traffic) so I tried D, and car did not recognize D, but remained in P. Then I just tried R to see if it goes behind (slightly). No it did not change
I tried D few times, but car was in P. Luckily (before signal turned green) in about a minute it turned D and I could drive off.
Is this one off issue? or a bug. I will try in a safe parking lot to reproduce same scenario and see if this problem happens.
Latest SW updated.

Did you press the brakes while trying to switch to D or R? I've only encountered not being able to switch "gears" when I forget to press brake pedal.
Thanks.
Oh, am unable to recall if I did or not.
I am confident, I did not do anything different when it restarted vs it did not start (having said that, memory is fickle in such situations). So it is possible.

I dropped off someone at the Curbside and had to open Driver side door to hand them something. Then I started the car and heard sound in car, notifying Driver side door is open. (it was closed but not aligned completely). Since the traffic was behind me, I did not stop to close the door. At the Signal, I just opened the door slightly to confirm it was Driver side door and closed it. When I opened the Door, car automatically went to Parking. Now I wanted to restart car (in Traffic) so I tried D, and car did not recognize D, but remained in P. Then I just tried R to see if it goes behind (slightly). No it did not change
I tried D few times, but car was in P. Luckily (before signal turned green) in about a minute it turned D and I could drive off.
Is this one off issue? or a bug. I will try in a safe parking lot to reproduce same scenario and see if this problem happens.
Latest SW updated.

It's been a while, but I've had this happen several times when dropping friends off at their house. I put the car in Park for them to get out, then shift back into Drive and get no response for a minute or two.

There’s an old thread floating around here somewhere around this issue. I’d have to dig it up but you may have better luck searching for it on the forum.

Back