Using The Valet Key Card

My delivery host did not link the key card to any profile. Is this something that should have been done? We did link the key fob, phones and facial recognition to our profiles.
I did not... probably not necessary either.

My delivery host did not link the key card to any profile. Is this something that should have been done? We did link the key fob, phones and facial recognition to our profiles.
Oh actually maybe the cards don’t link to profiles . I can’t remember. I’ll have to check. They call them valet cards so I don’t think they are meant to be used as everyday keys.

What I had noticed is that if you use valet card; it doesn’t lock your trunk, frunk and glovebox. So anyone have access and their is no way to set up to denied access when using valet card (that I know of). Don’t like leaving my car in a valet parking when I have my laptop/briefcase in the trunk/frunk or if I want to keep some valuables in my glovebox.

Just took delivery today and asked my Delivery Advisor about the card and valet. He actually said the Fob was what should be given to a valet, not the card.

The same
Just took delivery today and asked my Delivery Advisor about the card and valet. He actually said the Fob was what should be given to a valet, not the card.
same was told to me; so why having a valet card then? And with fob, the valet attendant will have access to all your personal belongings in trunk/frunk and glovebox. For a car at this price point this should be a standard feature. All luxury cars have some kind of valet mode where attendants are restricted from accessing these areas of the car.

That’s what I’ve always did. Too complicated to explain how to open and then start the car. I view the card as a backup in case something else doesn’t work. I don’t keep real valuables in my car when I hand it to a valet.

The same

same was told to me; so why having a valet card then? And with fob, the valet attendant will have access to all your personal belongings in trunk/frunk and glovebox. For a car at this price point this should be a standard feature. All luxury cars have some kind of valet mode where attendants are restricted from accessing these areas of the car.

That’s what I’ve always did. Too complicated to explain how to open and then start the car. I view the card as a backup in case something else doesn’t work. I don’t keep real valuables in my car when I hand it to a valet.

My take on it is that it isn't a valet key. But a throwback to the old GM credit card punch out key. Back when you turned the cylinder and not the key for you younglings.
https://images.app.goo.gl/AXRHHAJXY2JqmcQ57

I don't get the point of the PIN on the valet card if all you simply have to do is hold the card to the ceiling and away you go. I agree with others, that's it's too confusing to explain and i'm not giving the PIN out to a valet so I just hand them the fob.

I decided to go around this by creating a profile named Valet. I used as PIN number my license plate or can always leave valet card with attendant and change profile to valet prior to leaving car. I wish you could limit what each profile can have access to and I will resolve the problem by denying access to trunk, frunk and glove compartment to my Valet Profile.

I don’t believe I even got a key card when I picked up my card. I just use my phone and don’t carry the key fob with me, but am anxious I may need to valet and be without an option.

For my Tesla, I always keep the valet card in my wallet and it works great when needed. Was hoping Lucid would be similar, but it sounds like it is not.

I don’t believe I even got a key card when I picked up my card. I just use my phone and don’t carry the key fob with me, but am anxious I may need to valet and be without an option.

For my Tesla, I always keep the valet card in my wallet and it works great when needed. Was hoping Lucid would be similar, but it sounds like it is not.
Say what? Really?

Didn't they give you a nice block box where your fobs were? The key cards are in a black envelope in that black lined box which makes it difficult to see the black envelope. If you can't find it in the box, then call customer care about getting cards.

Didn't they give you a nice block box where your fobs were? The key cards are in a black envelope in that black lined box which makes it difficult to see the black envelope. If you can't find it in the box, then call customer care about getting cards.
Totally missed it, but found now! Thanks!

curiously the manual doesn’t show how to start the car and actually says you have to enter the PIN if you want to drive with just the valet card.
Like the rest of us, hydro bob hasn't read the user's manual either. If the user manual were useful it would be a book, not another damn indecipherable phone icon. Those photos are so so so helpful. Oh, and now that I see the photo : who knew our Lucids have a flux capacitor !
1667181221784.png
golly gosh i have learned a ton about my car tonight!
big thanks to everyone here.

My question is how would a valet or car wash person know how to do that?
Sometimes, manufacturers or all stripes, kinds and sectors offer innovations that aim to improve nothing. These key cards or retracting door handles are two examples. Why? is the big question. "drag coefficent" is often the bright-eyed answer. Or "why not?" is the smug answer.

I wonder what one loses by leaving a convention, approchable and intuitive door handle in its place? In the case of this valet card, how does the valet know that he has to do touch it just so? Where does he hang this 'key' on his board where he hangs all other keys? Do I owe him a bigger tip because he had to figure all this out while I walked away on my way to the Legal Seafood and he reminds me when I come back and ask for the car?

Sometimes, manufacturers or all stripes, kinds and sectors offer innovations that aim to improve nothing. These key cards or retracting door handles are two examples. Why? is the big question. "drag coefficent" is often the bright-eyed answer. Or "why not?" is the smug answer.

I wonder what one loses by leaving a convention, approchable and intuitive door handle in its place? In the case of this valet card, how does the valet know that he has to do touch it just so? Where does he hang this 'key' on his board where he hangs all other keys? Do I owe him a bigger tip because he had to figure all this out while I walked away on my way to the Legal Seafood and he reminds me when I come back and ask for the car?
If you need to valet, do yourself a favor and use the fob. It's one of the downsides of owning an EV, IMO. Valet card is just a key card and should only be used as a way to enter the vehicle if the other methods don't work.

Back