Using charging cable provided with caR

Mac

Cars
Air Touring
I have tried to use the charging cable provided in 220 outlets & have not had any success. Anything I need to know special. Thanks

It's just plug and play. Nothing really to know. Do you get any response from the vehicle at all ? Does the lucid logo illuminate on the charger?

I have tried to use the charging cable provided in 220 outlets & have not had any success. Anything I need to know special. Thanks
Please tell us more about what you are seeing. What do you see on the little box that says Lucid near that the plug?

The plug on the wall is a standard 220/240V outlet.

The plug on the wall is a standard 220/240V outlet.

It would be helpful if you tell us what the words it has like "14-50"?
5Z885_AS02

Then the plug is not fully inserted into adapter box or there is no power to the outlet. It should light up white for normal operation.
Also, check the breaker to make sure it is not tripped. If you KNOW how to use the meter, check that you are getting ~240V across the two hots. If you are not comfortable with that, then have someone knowledgeable or an electrician check for you. Good luck!

It should work and work well BUT I have heard that constantly plugging and unplugging can wear out the outlet. If you just leave it plugged in, like an EVSE, then it should be fine (that is what I have done with my Chargepoint EVSE; I used a plug in but only so I could replace it if I had to without calling an electrician. If you are plugging it in and out every day, that could eventually be a problem.

Not sure maybe a loose connection. I will take the win!

After you've charged your car for a good part of an hour, completely unplug the mobile charger from the wall socket and feel the temperature of the plug's prongs. They should be only warm, not hot. If they are hot, you'll want to have an electrician check the receptacle wiring for tightness before charging your car again.

After you've charged your car for a good part of an hour, completely unplug the mobile charger from the wall socket and feel the temperature of the plug's prongs. They should be only warm, not hot. If they are hot, you'll want to have an electrician check the receptacle wiring for tightness before charging your car again.
Since these metal prongs potentially can be uncomfortably hot, depending on the looseness of the connection and the duration of charge, I would add that some caution may be good and touch the prongs very lightly first.

Another charging? Has anyone found a EA that charges 300 miles in 30 minutes? Lucid sold this as a great advantage. I haven’t found one.

Another charging? Has anyone found a EA that charges 300 miles in 30 minutes? Lucid sold this as a great advantage. I haven’t found one.
This thread is about the mobile charging cable provided with the car, not Electrify America. You probably want "EA Megathread".

Is there any value to buying a 3rd party home charger like a juice box or charge point unit over the standard cable Lucid gives us with the car?

EDIT: There's a whole thread on my question. Nevermind!

Back