• ⚠ MARKETPLACE RULES ⚠

1. Photos Required. Post your own taken photo(s) of the item you are selling. No generic/stock photo(s) allowed.
    2. Be detailed. Please be detailed with your listing including pricing, location, specifications, and reason for selling (optional).
    3. No promotion or spam. Self-promotion, promotion of your business, or posting spam isn't allowed.
    4. No sabotaging listings. If you don't agree on an asking price for a vehicle or item, scroll by. The marketplace is not a place for negative discussions or criticisms.
    5. Lucid related items only. This marketplace is for Lucid vehicles or related items only.
    6. Listing Status. To keep things organized, please update your listing if the item is sold or no longer available.
    7. Transactions are between the parties involved. You are dealing with an online stranger. Please use the same common sense as you would when doing an online payment. We strongly recommend doing all proper due diligence with anyone here on the forums to avoid being scammed or losing any money!

Used Pure price check

noobzilla

I would really want to keep the car, but in the very likely event that I need to sell my Pure, what would be a fair price for it? Under 3k miles fully spec'ed. One of the first Pures with Peter's autograph if that counts for anything haha

I was initially hoping 95k but now I'm seeing GT's for sale for 100k at edmunds so my Pure's price will likely be very unfavorable for me.

It is worth whatever people are willing to pay. Color combination and year will play a large part. The current interest rates will also be of considerable impact and competing brands price cuts.

I would really want to keep the car, but in the very likely event that I need to sell my Pure, what would be a fair price for it? Under 3k miles fully spec'ed. One of the first Pures with Peter's autograph if that counts for anything haha

I was initially hoping 95k but now I'm seeing GT's for sale for 100k at edmunds so my Pure's price will likely be very unfavorable for me.
Ignore the GTs for 100k; for the most part those are firesales, and GTs have been sold for 130k the day after one sold for 100k. Because it’s an uncommon car, for now, you just have to find the right buyer.

Luxury cars depreciate… fast.

I got my GT for 100k if that tells you something

when I was looking for my used car I kept this link handy and kept watching when one appears drivable distance to me:
Stick to known established dealers like gm, Honda etc

What an excellent price for a GT. I love my color combination, but 39k off the top wouldn't have been bad either. Now 54k.

If only I had the cash for a second Lucid, I'd pull the trigger.

The only part I don’t understand in the listing is retail price 115k

The only part I don’t understand in the listing is retail price 115k
Probably was the price that they started selling when used. Not sure how it is considered a fire sale. There have been quite a few used GT’s at that price $99k price or even a little cheaper, unless I am missing something in that listing.

Something to note for OP's consideration. The cars being sold at $100k are 2022 (139k vs 154k). To be fair, 39k off the value is still a pretty steep drop for some of the mileage.

However, a person can look at the CarFax reports. One of the 100k cars had been sold to a dealership. The car sat for a while. Then the car was sold at auction to another dealer in Atlanta. Dealers borrow just like car owners to cover the costs of cars on the lot, so each day they are paying interest. For the full price at 5-6%, this puts a dealer in the range of $750-900 a month in interest. Obviously, the cars are not bought at full price, but this is still a lot of money when a car does not move for 4-6 months on a lot.

2023 models are most likely being depreciated at the new MSRP prices unlike the 2022 models at old MSRP prices. There are certainly cars being sold for higher than 100k. Too low of a price can be a bad thing as well as it may indicate an issue with the car.

An old adage: You can always go down, but you can never go up.

Cheers. Best of luck with the sale of your car.

Someone said it’s a fire sale ….

It’s real
Did you look at the fine print: Title License $499 Tint $185 VTR (Vehicle Theft Recovery) $499 Document and $895 Dealer Prep Fees. That's like $2k in fees. The reason we "love" dealer.

When I was much younger, bought a year old BMW 733, from a BMW dealer, very cheap. Asked why so cheap? Dealer said: anyone that can afford this car, can afford to buy it new.

With Tourings selling for $80k or less and GTs listed for high $80k's, I wonder what's used Pure going to be now?

These cars dropped in value way too fast.

This Touring made $84k on C&B this week. Add the buyer's premium you're at over $87k.

I haven't seen any Pures on either BAT or C&B, so not sure where they sit in the market. I'm glad you still have yours though :)

With Tourings selling for $80k or less and GTs listed for high $80k's, I wonder what's used Pure going to be now?

These cars dropped in value way too fast.
EVs (especially luxury EVs) drop in value quickly. People always want the newest tech, and there is a seemingly endless parade of new vehicles hitting the market.
Case in point: My I Pace $93k new 4 years ago, 41k miles, now worth $25k. Why? When I got it the only other options were an E-Tron or a Tesla. Of the three, the Jag was best. It's been a great car, but for the money I wouldn't buy it again given what is now available.

This Touring made $84k on C&B this week. Add the buyer's premium you're at over $87k.

I haven't seen any Pures on either BAT or C&B, so not sure where they sit in the market. I'm glad you still have yours though :)
Actually reconsidering selling again. Budget has been tight 😞 New job forces me to contribute a good portion to retirement fund

EVs (especially luxury EVs) drop in value quickly. People always want the newest tech, and there is a seemingly endless parade of new vehicles hitting the market.
Case in point: My I Pace $93k new 4 years ago, 41k miles, now worth $25k. Why? When I got it the only other options were an E-Tron or a Tesla. Of the three, the Jag was best. It's been a great car, but for the money I wouldn't buy it again given what is now available.
Yup you're right. I didnt even think about how EV tech will evolve much faster than non EV cars, which adds to faster depreciation

Back