Life event - need more income using Pure?

noobzilla

Had a life event and may need to sell my Pure :( It's almost depressing to think I may have to let go such a fantastic car so soon, but overall it's been such a privilege to have owned and experienced one.. a dream I never thought would come true so I'm very happy regardless of the current circumstances.

Will suck to sell it. No clue on price but I'd probably lose 10k+ off the bat (8.5k on registration and taxes already). Any guesses for a used price? 2.2k miles, autographed by Peter Rawlinson as first batch of Pures delivered if that adds extra haha

Right now I'm thinking of ways I could earn extra using the Pure. Lyft/Uber? Turo (risky)? Private transportation maybe? Still researching but thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome!

Oh no. Sorry to hear and hope things improve for you.

Not sure what made me thing of it but I was also wondering if there was a market locally for high end luxury airport transportation. Maybe worth a shot?

I watched a video on YouTube where a self-styled entrepreneur rented a Lucid Air to shuttle executives to various meetings who he hoped to impress. He certainly did and distinguished himself and the car from car rental companies and services contracted to drive VIPs to and from an airport. You can start an owner-operated business. Good luck.

I have driven several Lucid turo cars even off roaded one. If you need the cash you need the cash 💰

Had a life event and may need to sell my Pure :( It's almost depressing to think I may have to let go such a fantastic car so soon, but overall it's been such a privilege to have owned and experienced one.. a dream I never thought would come true so I'm very happy regardless of the current circumstances.

Will suck to sell it. No clue on price but I'd probably lose 10k+ off the bat (8.5k on registration and taxes already). Any guesses for a used price? 2.2k miles, autographed by Peter Rawlinson as first batch of Pures delivered if that adds extra haha

Right now I'm thinking of ways I could earn extra using the Pure. Lyft/Uber? Turo (risky)? Private transportation maybe? Still researching but thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome!
Sorry to hear that. Definitely not Turo. Too risky. I don't know what the ROI is on a luxury version of Lyft or Uber but consider the depreciation. Best to sell and do something else with your time for your income. I don't think you get any premium for Rawlins autograph on the car or the first batch. How many miles do you have on it? I assume that you got tax credit.

Man, sorry to hear that. I would echo others in saying stay away from Turo; I've used it quite a lot as a renter, but would never put a car I cared about on there for others to mess with. (@blueice89 makes the point better than I could, above).

Lyft Lux, Uber Black, airport rides, weddings etc might be your best way of keeping hold of the Pure. Or have it wrapped for advertising, but I'm not sure how much that would pay.

Hope things improve :)

Not sure the kind of return you'd get driving Lyft/Uber but with free charging through EA a big chunk of operating costs should be covered. Unless there is something in the fine print that prevents car share activity. Though they aren't even putting idle fees in so eh.

Not sure the kind of return you'd get driving Lyft/Uber but with free charging through EA a big chunk of operating costs should be covered. Unless there is something in the fine print that prevents car share activity. Though they aren't even putting idle fees in so eh.
Yes, commercial use is prohibited. Don’t know how rigorous their monitoring of our charging is but it would be grounds for terminating free charging.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully it all works out for you! If you do Uber or Lyft you can always charge at home and not worry about losing free charging. As for Turo, be careful because people might try and off-road it 😉

Man, sorry to hear that. I would echo others in saying stay away from Turo; I've used it quite a lot as a renter, but would never put a car I cared about on there for others to mess with. (@blueice89 makes the point better than I could, above).

Lyft Lux, Uber Black, airport rides, weddings etc might be your best way of keeping hold of the Pure. Or have it wrapped for advertising, but I'm not sure how much that would pay.

Hope things improve :)
Uber Black is like $20-25 an hour if you have a luxury vehicle. Decent side cash

So sorry hear about your situation. Hopefully everything will work out for you.

Damn @noobzilla this sucks. Hope you figure it out and get to keep your car!

I think you should find like one of those luxury collector auction houses and then use the autograph for insane resale values. Im sorry to see your car go!

😢Sad, hope everything works out fine and you'll be able to keep your Pure.

I’m saddened by your change in circumstances. From almost the beginning you’ve been an enthusiastic and positive forum participant. I can tell by your post that you’re handling this with pragmatism and grace. I myself would be a basketcase, and would inevitably decide on doing something really dumb, just to hold on to my Lucid.

I’m thinking signing on to a rideshare service and pricing yourself at the premium end, will be your best bet. You’ll still have to do a lot of driving to make it worth your while.

If you turo it in Arizona I likely will try it out :) as long as it’s under 150/day

My opinion is that you are young enough to focus on finding a job rather than settle for even 200 a day earnings on your lucid. Best to sell fast before it depreciates.

Back