USB Media Format

Hi - am I the only one still having trouble with USB Flash Drives? I have tried everything in this thread and the "USB Media Guidelines" thread, including:
* Reformatting my drive on FAT32 (which it was to begin)
* Trying multiple flash drives
* Only loading one song on the flash drive (MP3). Tried a different song
* Checking with MP3Tag app to make sure my files have tags, which they do

I am using various USB-A flashdrives, mostly a SanDisk 4Gb. I am on Windows, and the files read fine on my laptop. The one thing I haven't tried is a USB-C flash drive since I don't have one, but I'm going to invest the $10 and get one to see if the problem is the same.

Thanks for any input, it would be nice to hear some high quality audio on my SSP.

Hi - am I the only one still having trouble with USB Flash Drives? I have tried everything in this thread and the "USB Media Guidelines" thread, including:

I am using various USB-A flashdrives, mostly a SanDisk 4Gb. I am on Windows, and the files read fine on my laptop. The one thing I haven't tried is a USB-C flash drive since I don't have one, but I'm going to invest the $10 and get one to see if the problem is the same.

Thanks for any input, it would be nice to hear some high quality audio on my SSP.
I had issue with using a sandisk 32 gb flash drive, correctly formatted. It would say loading but only to 10%. Finally tried a newer, faster ssd hard drive and all the flac and mp3 songs loaded perfectly. Seemed that in my case, the usb flash drive I was using wasn’t up to spec for whatever reason. Also tried using both USB A & C but had same results of not loading

You didn't mention what is actually happening. Is it not appearing in the UI at all? Is it loading forever? Do songs show up but not play?

I'm using this drive and it works fine.

You didn't mention what is actually happening. Is it not appearing in the UI at all? Is it loading forever? Do songs show up but not play?

I'm using this drive and it works fine.
I get the dreaded "10% loaded" message and then the failure. Thanks for both comments, maybe a newer flash drive will work

I get the dreaded "10% loaded" message and then the failure. Thanks for both comments, maybe a newer flash drive will work
Not sure if you were able to remedy your usb situation. But I ran myself into the same issue, after purchasing a new usb. I reformatted the usb drive for another purpose, then reformatted again to put back into the Lucid. After banging my head against the table multiple times, I realized it was a small setting I was getting wrong in macOS Disk Utility.
Select MS-DOS (FAT) under Format and Master Boot Record under Scheme.
I was selecting GUID Partition Map and the Lucid did not like that. Not sure if everyone else knew that but thought I’d share since it was driving me crazy (my own doing)

Try a lossless format like FLAC.

Back