Upgrade to Grand T suggestions?

Hey Chip.

I originally ordered the Touring but subsequently upgraded to the GT once I realized that Lucid wouldn't give any prices for the options until it was time to order the T and that my wanting the Glass Canopy and Dream Drive Pro would likely make the cost difference much less. The added power and range are also a nice benefit. I also am sick of waiting for the car (December 2019 reservation) and knew upgrading would get it to me a number of months earlier.

Ordered a T a few weeks ago, but now think the GT may be worth the higher price. Any tricks? Or just call?
You shouldn't have to call. Log into your account, look at your existing order and there should be an upgrade option. When you upgrade, it keeps your original deposit date to preserve your place in line.

Ordered a T a few weeks ago, but now think the GT may be worth the higher price. Any tricks? Or just call?
All you need to do to upgrade is to login to your Lucid account and retrieve your reservation and then hit the upgrade button. That’s it to become an AGT reservation holder. Good luck.

All you need to do to upgrade is to login to your Lucid account and retrieve your reservation and then hit the upgrade button. That’s it to become an AGT reservation holder. Good luck.
I am also thinking of upgrading to GT. My main motivation is that we need a car as soon as possible. I am trying to get some information on how the switch would affect the delivery date, but I have no answers or even estimates from Lucid. I did ask if I would keep my place in the queue; would I go to the back of the GT queue, or be moved into a spot in the GT queue based on my original Touring order date. Again, no answer. If anyone has any insights or information, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I am also thinking of upgrading to GT. My main motivation is that we need a car as soon as possible. I am trying to get some information on how the switch would affect the delivery date, but I have no answers or even estimates from Lucid. I did ask if I would keep my place in the queue; would I go to the back of the GT queue, or be moved into a spot in the GT queue based on my original Touring order date. Again, no answer. If anyone has any insights or information, I would appreciate hearing from you.
When I upgraded from Touring to GT about a month and a half after I made my original reservation it kept my original registration date (at least it showed the same) and if I recall, somewhere along the process or somewhere on their site it actually mentioned the original reservation date would be retained. I would not have done it if I hadn't seen that

When I upgraded from Touring to GT about a month and a half after I made my original reservation it kept my original registration date (at least it showed the same) and if I recall, somewhere along the process or somewhere on their site it actually mentioned the original reservation date would be retained. I would not have done it if I hadn't seen that
Thanks for the information. I should have added that my reservation was made on 5/30/21. So, clearly nowhere near the front of the queue regardless.

Thanks for the information. I should have added that my reservation was made on 5/30/21. So, clearly nowhere near the front of the queue regardless.

I think as AGT reservations go that's actually decently early.

my reservation was on 4/9, order confirmed on 11/30, and told 2-4 months (this week told by ‘early Q2‘). If you switch to a a GT, then you should be able to confirm immediately and would be in the queue. I was told that they are done in order of reservations but I think there is some color batching due to only one paint shop. Since they seem to now have confirmed all but the most recently placed GT orders, it seems like a late Q2 / early Q3 would be an expectation for Touring deliveries

Hey Chip.

I originally ordered the Touring but subsequently upgraded to the GT once I realized that Lucid wouldn't give any prices for the options until it was time to order the T and that my wanting the Glass Canopy and Dream Drive Pro would likely make the cost difference much less. The added power and range are also a nice benefit. I also am sick of waiting for the car (December 2019 reservation) and knew upgrading would get it to me a number of months earlier.
I am interesting in your calculation of the cost difference. It seems tax the glass canopy and the Drive Pro are the only options that are additional, and of course the issue of range and HP. Anyone hazard a guess as to the cost of those options. Also, is there any good documentation on the difference between DD and DD Pro? Is the hardware on the care the same, and like Tesla, just a matter of activating the software, which potentially could be done at some later date?

I upgraded yesterday. Easy to upgrade via the my account website.

My logic was that I would guess the options would be worth about $20k. 10k for dream drive pro, $4k for the upgraded sound system, $4k for the glass roof, $2k for the upgraded 21” wheels. This would put me at about $115k on the Touring. The GT is still a lot more at $139k, but I get more battery, more performance and nicer leather. Plus I get the car sooner.

My logic was that I would guess the options would be worth about $20k. 10k for dream drive pro, $4k for the upgraded sound system, $4k for the glass roof, $2k for the upgraded 21” wheels. This would put me at about $115k on the Touring. The GT is still a lot more at $139k, but I get more battery, more performance and nicer leather. Plus I get the car sooner.
25K for the extra range and performance seems a reasonable cost.

I did the same calculation and added the early delivery premium to make my decision to get the AGT.
If I remember correctly you are also an GLE450 owner like my self. Welcome to Lucid!

I have no idea how much they'll cost. I assumed at least $15k for the DD Pro and glass canopy. Plus the sound system, 21" wheels and leather, as stealthpilot said. Adding in the range and power and getting it earlier made the upgrade worth it to me.

25K for the extra range and performance seems a reasonable cost.

And, presumably, you'd recover a portion of the additional cost down the road when you sell/trade it in. This follows my logic. I think they may try to undercut Tesla's $10k charge for their auto drive function so that may be a bit less expensive. It will be interesting to see the extra charge for the glass canopy upgrade.

And, presumably, you'd recover a portion of the additional cost down the road when you sell/trade it in. This follows my logic. I think they may try to undercut Tesla's $10k charge for their auto drive function so that may be a bit less expensive. It will be interesting to see the extra charge for the glass canopy upgrade.
Correct.

Basic rule of the thumb is you get basically nothing for upgrades when selling vehicles. Porsche customers get screwed on them :).

when choosing between trims, it’s sometimes worth it on resale to go up a level if you are getting most of the options included in the higher trim.

Correct.

Basic rule of the thumb is you get basically nothing for upgrades when selling vehicles. Porsche customers get screwed on them :).

when choosing between trims, it’s sometimes worth it on resale to go up a level if you are getting most of the options included in the higher trim.

Exactly. In the Porsche world, once you start adding a bunch of options, you are much better off moving to the higher level trim. I did the same calculation when buying my Taycan. I originally was going to get a 4S, but once you add enough options you are really close to the price of a Turbo which includes most of those options as standard.

Either get a Touring with minimal options, or pay the difference for the Grand Touring.

Exactly. In the Porsche world, once you start adding a bunch of options, you are much better off moving to the higher level trim. I did the same calculation when buying my Taycan. I originally was going to get a 4S, but once you add enough options you are really close to the price of a Turbo which includes most of those options as standard.

Either get a Touring with minimal options, or pay the difference for the Grand Touring.
That is exactly what we did. Originally 4s but within a few k of turbo

Back