update .35

The beta-test thing isn't sarcasm at all...many satisfied owners here acknowledge they are part of a beta test. It just seems a bit pricey to me....
It's pricey emotionally. that's the part i was not prepared for.

it's pricey emotionally because the car is exceptional.

.35 was being uploaded for me a couple days ago. My app said it completed but still shows version .33 in the car. However, now I keep losing my cameras and pilot screen has reverted back to taking 20-30 seconds to start functioning after getting in car. Am I beta tester and didn't know it? (sarcasm)

I guess I'll wait for the next update.
UPDATE: texted customer service at 8:30PM EST. Got an immediate response that they checked my car and confirmed that it was running version .36 and that there is a known bug that makes the pilot screen still show version .33 which will be fixed on the next update. Also recommended valet card reset for my camera issues. We'll see.....

As opposed to...all the rest of the EV makers putting out flawless vehicles? 😁
Well of course I didn't say that...but you make a good point for no one buying EVs...;) back at-cha!

It's pricey emotionally. that's the part i was not prepared for.

it's pricey emotionally because the car is exceptional.
Right....but in the end...it's a....car....(that's all-- Point A, etc)

As opposed to...all the rest of the EV makers putting out flawless vehicles? 😁
I’m driving a Model Y while my car is finance being its body work done, and while it’s not a bad car (love some of the software features which lucid will eventually catch up on, hate the UX, the drive isn’t bad) I had to reboot the screens twice in five hours, and it forgot all my settings once. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone know how to send an email to Lucid service? Calling is no good and texting my problem would be a pain on the phone.

I don't know what to do now. How do I know it won't fail again? Should I just drive around the block for the next 1000 miles?

Going to NYC, would it be better to be stranded in the freezing cold on the GW bridge or under the Hudson river in the Lincoln Tunnel?

I"ve done the key card reset after 4 turn signal resets. Do I dare drive the car? How does one test this?

Meanwhile I'm going to practice putting the tow loop on ... and read-up on how to get the car ready for a flat-bed tow. Fortunately I have the car cover so all the EVs passing by won't see my Lucid being dragged onto a flatbed.

Do we have a place to post questions that a service rep will see ? Looks like I'm the only one to get bricked after the **.35 update.
I envy your and some other owner’s patience. I’m not sure I have the same tolerance level if things were to go so far south and so often. Fortunately it doesn’t seem too many fall into this unfortunate category.

I envy your and some other owner’s patience. I’m not sure I have the same tolerance level if things were to go so far south and so often. Fortunately it doesn’t seem too many fall into this unfortunate category.
Patience is a virtue.

Patience is a virtue.
But..., but there comes a moment when you must stop being patient and take the day by the throat and shake it. If it fights back; fine.

At this stage of their infancy they can’t afford apathy, so let’s hope not.
If this team is apathetic and lacks incentive, after the way the stock has performed, then we need a new team....

If this team is apathetic and lacks incentive, after the way the stock has performed, then we need a new team....
We already have a new team. There was a major shakeup earlier this year. Which is how we know apathy is not likely anytime soon.

Thought I should close out this thread by saying I think I have found the "cure" to my bugs (car has become disabled 6 times in the 3 months ~ 300 miles I've owned it...stranding me several times in the rain in intersections ...)

After my last stranding I installed the tow loop before the tow truck arrived, which instantly woke-up the car.
I was able to pay the tow guy $100 to go away and drove the car home. I called Constant Repair and was told to wait a few weeks for an opening at the service facility ... and not to drive the car. I decided to leave the tow loop attached. I've been driving the car every day. The car is perfect.

... just sayin'
PXL_20230101_162104986.jpg

THE CURE

Thought I should close out this thread by saying I think I have found the "cure" to my bugs (car has become disabled 6 times in the 3 months ~ 300 miles I've owned it...stranding me several times in the rain in intersections ...)

After my last stranding I installed the tow loop before the tow truck arrived, which instantly woke-up the car.
I was able to pay the tow guy $100 to go away and drove the car home. I called Constant Repair and was told to wait a few weeks for an opening at the service facility ... and not to drive the car. I decided to leave the tow loop attached. I've been driving the car every day. The car is perfect.

... just sayin'
View attachment 8565
THE CURE
I wouldn’t care if I did have to drive a snaggle toothed Lucid, I’d want to drive it any way. Every chance I got.

... just sayin'
View attachment 8565
THE CURE
This is hilarious. I wonder if there was some sensor that was just slightly off kilter and the pressure of the tow eye being installed is keeping it in check? What’s even funnier is the tow eye was subject to a recall, so the thing that was broke on everyone else’s car fixed your car. Ride the wave of chaos….

Back