update .35

Please forgive me. I'm pretty sure my over-reaction had more to do with how similar the slam stop was to a bad experience...went into depression mode, stated having suicide thoughts, called Lucid for the title, and started browsing the car sale websites. Lots of below the surface. Slept for 16 hours. Wife is very supportive. You know what turned it around for me: Andy the service guy showed up. He's going to make it all better. I'm like the guy with the cheating girlfriend who can't leave her because the sex is so fantastic.

It's so weird. Reading about the others who posted their tribulations I was the guy who said, "well what did you expect, beta-tester?" and "he has bad luck = I don't". But the moment it happens to me I'm ready to kill myself. Now I'm going to be the "hang in there" guy but understand the emotions this car brings out can be a handful.

Fantastic that you can come here and get all that stress out; no judgement from us.
I really truly hope things get smoother with your experience.

Just drive it when you are comfortable and leave it parked when not. It’s going to get better!!

Planned to drive to Meeting and saw new update available (was on .33). It was a brief 2 min. Then another update light right after...also quick. Version **.35

About 4 miles from home near a red light, as I slowed/braked the car bucked, stopped hard, and went full alarm brake red dash /with turtle. Wouldn't move. I'm in the way in an awkward place and wouldn't you know, a Tesla pulls up behind me and said: "beautiful car!" as the hazard lights flashed and we stood in the rain waving people around.

Called assistance but could not understand a word because of heavy distortion in the speaker combined with the accent made it impossible.

Convinced wife to abandon car so I could do the turn signal reset (thank you guys for this website !). It worked.

We decided it was not the time to get on the SureKill expressway and drive into old city but I was able to convince the wife that all the guys here say this stuff happens and you do a reset and you're fine. We were two miles from the EA charger at the Plymouth Meeting mall (closer than home) with it's huge empty parking lot (nobody goes there) so I said let's go there so a tow truck can easily maneuver and think about what to do next. We also decided we had no place to tow the car besides home. The wife was willing to try. Two miles later it happened again in the middle of the road, fortunately not a busy one. I was on the road but with enough momentum to coast into the parking lot. Did the turn signal reset again and it worked.

As I was backing out from the EA charger it happened twice more. Total of 4 catastrophic failures in 2 miles. All brake system failures.
Did the turn signal reset each time and it worked. No problems the few miles to home.

So now instead of watching Portugal v Morocco I'm going to drive around the block and see if I can make it happen again. How do you know when a reset permanently fixes an issue?

Note to self: don't download an update on the braking system and then immediately get on the Schuylkill Expressway.

My wife wants everyone to know that she was very calm and accepting and helpful. She won't forget how many points she earned.
Masterful negotiating with your wife. I know your area and its highways well--the Blue Route, PA Tpke, and the deadly SureKill expressway. Worst nightmare: bricking on any one of them. Good luck. Hope your issue is quickly solved.

Masterful negotiating with your wife. I know your area and its highways well--the Blue Route, PA Tpke, and the deadly SureKill expressway. Worst nightmare: bricking on any one of them. Good luck. Hope your issue is quickly solved.
True. I'm not sure everyone here who isn't familiar with the Schuylkill expressway necessarily gets the gravity of that situation. Think two lanes, tons of winding, and no shoulder for most of the ride. Oh, and everyone is doing 80-90.

Not a place you want to break down. Chuck Norris would pee his pants if he broke down on that highway.

Please forgive me. I'm pretty sure my over-reaction had more to do with how similar the slam stop was to a bad experience...went into depression mode, stated having suicide thoughts, called Lucid for the title, and started browsing the car sale websites. Lots of below the surface. Slept for 16 hours. Wife is very supportive. You know what turned it around for me: Andy the service guy showed up. He's going to make it all better. I'm like the guy with the cheating girlfriend who can't leave her because the sex is so fantastic.

It's so weird. Reading about the others who posted their tribulations I was the guy who said, "well what did you expect, beta-tester?" and "he has bad luck = I don't". But the moment it happens to me I'm ready to kill myself. Now I'm going to be the "hang in there" guy but understand the emotions this car brings out can be a handful.
You are a gift to us all! Im glad today is a brighter day for you. You are the type of person I’d love to have coffee with on a weekly basis 😂

Have you been watching these games?! I get up at 2 am to watch them again.

The Eagles are boring...they are on right now and

... meh

to hear the announcer praising Hurts for running a few feet into an empty space ... he's just running ... let me see him dribble that football and I'll watch. let me see him take a cleat to the instep ... let me see him take a toe to the shin... let me see him twist a corner into a header goal

let me see anyone on the Eagles kick a ball from one end of the pitch to the other.

boooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring
The 12-1 Eagles are boring? Hmm. I'm thinking your putting that out there caused bad karma to kick in, and triggered your bricking/braking issues. Drive around the block three times, singing "Fly, Eagles, Fly," and I suspect your car will fix itself.

True. I'm not sure everyone here who isn't familiar with the Schuylkill expressway necessarily gets the gravity of that situation. Think two lanes, tons of winding, and no shoulder for most of the ride. Oh, and everyone is doing 80-90.

Not a place you want to break down. Chuck Norris would pee his pants if he broke down on that highway.
Chuck Norris and me.

You have a great outlook on life, including getting up early to watch the World Cup and your approach to handling this situation with your Lucid. I’m a NY Giants fan, so you had me at “ the Eagles are boring”. 🦅
I guess they were kind of boring last week against the Giants. I mean, who enjoys winning (or losing) by 26 points? Love this forum!

This incident sounds completely unnerving. I'm glad everyone is ok. On a technical note, I think I read 'tow truck' somewhere back in this thread... remember to turn off Shock & Tilt Alert in the mobile app if there's a tow or load involved. At least that's what my DA told me.
Thanks for that. I forgot about all the things one needs to do. People want to know why I did not take pictures of each of the 4 different screens I had. The other day I went over how to install the tow hook with the service tech. Also, for those of you who fly: this car needs a log book. Write everything down: you will forget.

I guess they were kind of boring last week against the Giants. I mean, who enjoys winning (or losing) by 26 points? Love this forum!
Not so much the Eagles are boring (the Giants game was), but amerikan football in general is mostly boring. I've been watching World Cup day and night. A beautiful game indeed. We went to the Eagles conference when they beat the Vikings with big dic nick...that was pretty frikn great. And the division win against Atlanta this fall was the most exciting sporting event I've ever attended, bar none. Everyone of the 50k fans is your very best friend. Even mushrooms can't match the experience of being jammed shoulder to shoulder in standing room only sell-out playoffs where everyone is staggering drunk, and the home team utterly crushes their division rival.

But the World Cup players are not of this earth. These athletes do things that physics can't describe. Little Messi gets pissed that his team can't score so he steals the ball at midfield and dribbles through a wall of opposition, alone, right into the goal keepers face, and scores so casually it's like his flicking away dogshit. Unfnbelievable. And he's not even the best... everyo?ne on the pitch can boot the ball further than anyone in the NFL with pinpoint accuracy, and that's after running for 90 minutes. How can you not appreciate that level of conditioning and talent? Yea I watch the game, then get up at 2 am and watch it again, then get up at 10 am and watch it again. I don't even like sports.

That’s cold!

Planned to drive to Meeting and saw new update available (was on .33). It was a brief 2 min. Then another update light right after...also quick. Version **.35

About 4 miles from home near a red light, as I slowed/braked the car bucked, stopped hard, and went full alarm brake red dash /with turtle. Wouldn't move. I'm in the way in an awkward place and wouldn't you know, a Tesla pulls up behind me and said: "beautiful car!" as the hazard lights flashed and we stood in the rain waving people around.

Called assistance but could not understand a word because of heavy distortion in the speaker combined with the accent made it impossible.

Convinced wife to abandon car so I could do the turn signal reset (thank you guys for this website !). It worked.

We decided it was not the time to get on the SureKill expressway and drive into old city but I was able to convince the wife that all the guys here say this stuff happens and you do a reset and you're fine. We were two miles from the EA charger at the Plymouth Meeting mall (closer than home) with it's huge empty parking lot (nobody goes there) so I said let's go there so a tow truck can easily maneuver and think about what to do next. We also decided we had no place to tow the car besides home. The wife was willing to try. Two miles later it happened again in the middle of the road, fortunately not a busy one. I was on the road but with enough momentum to coast into the parking lot. Did the turn signal reset again and it worked.

As I was backing out from the EA charger it happened twice more. Total of 4 catastrophic failures in 2 miles. All brake system failures.
Did the turn signal reset each time and it worked. No problems the few miles to home.

So now instead of watching Portugal v Morocco I'm going to drive around the block and see if I can make it happen again. How do you know when a reset permanently fixes an issue?

Note to self: don't download an update on the braking system and then immediately get on the Schuylkill Expressway.

My wife wants everyone to know that she was very calm and accepting and helpful. She won't forget how many points she earned.
So sorry this happened to you, so happy you're safe and made it home. That's scary

Quick FYI, I posted this before in the reset repository thread, but the valet reset is the quickest reset method under 10 seconds.

Someone else also mentioned you can reset while still in the car

Give that thread a glance for future reference

Not so much the Eagles are boring (the Giants game was), but amerikan football in general is mostly boring. I've been watching World Cup day and night. A beautiful game indeed. We went to the Eagles conference when they beat the Vikings with big dic nick...that was pretty frikn great. And the division win against Atlanta this fall was the most exciting sporting event I've ever attended, bar none. Everyone of the 50k fans is your very best friend. Even mushrooms can't match the experience of being jammed shoulder to shoulder in standing room only sell-out playoffs where everyone is staggering drunk, and the home team utterly crushes their division rival.

But the World Cup players are not of this earth. These athletes do things that physics can't describe. Little Messi gets pissed that his team can't score so he steals the ball at midfield and dribbles through a wall of opposition, alone, right into the goal keepers face, and scores so casually it's like his flicking away dogshit. Unfnbelievable. And he's not even the best... everyo?ne on the pitch can boot the ball further than anyone in the NFL with pinpoint accuracy, and that's after running for 90 minutes. How can you not appreciate that level of conditioning and talent? Yea I watch the game, then get up at 2 am and watch it again, then get up at 10 am and watch it again. I don't even like sports.
Thanks, Cosmo. I do appreciate that soccer and its athletes are amazing. Just having some fun. I was at those Phillies games vs. Atlanta. Agree it was crazy fun. Good luck with the resolution of your recent issues. Hope you're confidently back on the road soon.

.35 was being uploaded for me a couple days ago. My app said it completed but still shows version .33 in the car. However, now I keep losing my cameras and pilot screen has reverted back to taking 20-30 seconds to start functioning after getting in car. Am I beta tester and didn't know it? (sarcasm)

I guess I'll wait for the next update.

.35 was being uploaded for me a couple days ago. My app said it completed but still shows version .33 in the car. However, now I keep losing my cameras and pilot screen has reverted back to taking 20-30 seconds to start functioning after getting in car. Am I beta tester and didn't know it? (sarcasm)

Text CS and ask them to repush it

The beta-test thing isn't sarcasm at all...many satisfied owners here acknowledge they are part of a beta test. It just seems a bit pricey to me....

The beta-test thing isn't sarcasm at all...many satisfied owners here acknowledge they are part of a beta test. It just seems a bit pricey to me....
As opposed to...all the rest of the EV makers putting out flawless vehicles? 😁

Good luck with the resolution of your recent issues. Hope you're confidently back on the road soon.
I love the car so much. Even though the engineers are still reviewing the logs I could not resist a drive today. Reproduced the route of doom we took to the first failure...muy bueno. Went to the Plymouth Meeting EA charger behind Boscovs. muy bueno. Drove all around the back roads in central MontCo. muy bueno. The car is flawless. I am deeply in love.

what was the question again ?
PXL_20221103_145841998.jpg

cosmic silver / santa cruz

Last edited:
As opposed to...all the rest of the EV makers putting out flawless vehicles? 😁
My wife's AMG EQS is flawless compared to my DE!

Back