QUESTION Trip Information KWH and mileage numbers are displayed differently

SM_NCarolina

Verified Owner
Cars
LUCID GT
I charged my car and while waiting during charging at EA I reset the Trip A. After 82.7 miles of driving, "Since Last Charge" and "Trip A" information for the same distance, same charge, and same miles display different calculations. Can someone help me understand how are they different and why?

20240115_173453.jpg

Includes charging and phantom losses.

Yeah if the explained that Clemson it’s actually a cool feature, they could even break it out Amd let us know exactly where it is going.

Includes charging and phantom losses.
Do you whether over all mi/kwh includes or excludes phantom losses? Also, if the car is parked for a day or two, will the Trip A count change to accommodate phantom losses or it includes only drive related numbers?

Do you whether over all mi/kwh includes or excludes phantom losses? Also, if the car is parked for a day or two, will the Trip A count change to accommodate phantom losses or it includes only drive related numbers?
Trip A and B numbers do not include the phantom losses. The since last charge numbers do.

Trip A and B numbers do not include the phantom losses. The since last charge numbers do.
Hmm, this raises lot of questions on EPA range comparison with ICE. People shouldn't compare the two numbers as there is no phantom loss in ICE cars. Annualized miles coverage for total KW charged is better way to understand the actual impact of electrification of automobiles against standard annual miles driven by ICE.

Hmm, this raises lot of questions on EPA range comparison with ICE. People shouldn't compare the two numbers as there is no phantom loss in ICE cars. Annualized miles coverage for total KW charged is better way to understand the actual impact of electrification of automobiles against standard annual miles driven by ICE.
Phantom drain does not impact range on a road trip because the car is not sitting for long periods. You are right that phantom drain during daily use is an energy cost that you do pay for so it affects cost of ownership.

Phantom drain does not impact range on a road trip because the car is not sitting for long periods. You are right that phantom drain during daily use is an energy cost that you do pay for so it affects cost of ownership.
I agree to an extent but just trying to get to a layman perspective. ICE will drive for a distance before filling the gas again. Your phantom drain takes you to charging station faster. In daily life not many drive so many miles in a single day, phantom drain will play a role in range one drives. So there is an impact to the range between charging for sure.

I agree to an extent but just trying to get to a layman perspective. ICE will drive for a distance before filling the gas again. Your phantom drain takes you to charging station faster. In daily life not many drive so many miles in a single day, phantom drain will play a role in range one drives. So there is an impact to the range between charging for sure.
Yes, but the difference is academic. I found that the car has a phantom drain of about 1/4 of one percent per day. This will not significantly reduce your efficiency unless the car sits for a very long time. And when that happens to an ICE car, other problems occur.

I charged my car and while waiting during charging at EA I reset the Trip A. After 82.7 miles of driving, "Since Last Charge" and "Trip A" information for the same distance, same charge, and same miles display different calculations. Can someone help me understand how are they different and why?

View attachment 17679
See my rant / opinion here, as to why you should focus your attention on Since Last Charge:

Trip A & Trip B measure the car's performance while it is not in Park.

In the same sense that drinking black coffee adds 5ish calories to your diet, sure; technically, you've consumed calories. But nobody gains weight because of black coffee.

Back