Charging and mileage efficiency tracking for Air-GT.

pam4_AGT

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
The objective of this study was to collect power-drawn-from-grid data. My initial motivation was to have this data ready in case I need to size a rooftop solar system in the near future. This data allows me to translate annual mileage into kWh drawn from the grid. As you can see, the grid mi/kWh numbers are quite different (2.7mi/kWh vs ~3.5mi/kWh) from the numbers reported by the car (bar chart). Charging losses are obviously a big reason for that discrepancy and is expected but I don't know if there is more to it. I have almost exclusively driven the car in "Smooth" mode with occassional spirited bursts of acceleration.
  1. Model: Lucid Air-GT
  2. Delivery: May-05-2022
  3. Total mileage: 14,065 (~13 months)
  4. Primary source of charging: 6kW L2 charger at work (Chargepoint)
    • Source of data: Chargepoint website
  5. DC Fast Charging (DCFC): Mostly EA across 3 different San Jose locations.
    • Source of data: EA charger display plus Lucid app.
  6. Number of charging sessions at home: One (Clipper Creek unit connected to NEMA 14-30)

Lucid_charging_study_1_overall.jpg

Lucid_charging_study_2_mileage.jpg

I have a new AGT, 19" wheels.

Here is my mileage efficiency, so far.

First 1457 miles: 4.0 miles/kWh. The first 400 miles were mostly after picking the AGT up at Natick and returning home. Much of this trip was at interstate speeds (65-80 mph), AC on, and only moderate hills. Part of this trip was in the rain.

Latest 973 miles: 4.1 miles/kWh. Mostly moderate temperatures (60 to 85 degrees F). This includes the first 400 miles of mostly highway driving, and a bit of fast highway since. Otherwise mostly moderate speeds (45-55 mph) in terrain with some hills but no mountains. AC on all the time.

Latest errand run 28 miles: 4.3 kWh. This is in my own area with moderate hills and AC running all the time.

The efficiency takes a sharp nosedive when over 65, and even more over 70. But when included in a mix of driving, as seen here, the efficiency is pretty good.

Attachments

• 20230913_142208.jpg
    20230913_142208.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
Back