Babyrocko1908

Referral Code - 2BFU7LV3
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
2BFU7LV3
On my way to Delco this morning for an event for work, I drove into a traffic jam on the turnpike in cold weather and rain. I re-engaged Highway Assist at less than 20 mph and this happened. Is this a temporary work around for traffic jam assist until it is fully implemented in DDPRO? I honestly don't know but our friend and forum member @julianevjourney is asking.

I use this all the time. If traffic stops completely, you have to re-engage with the accelerator. But it’s way better than stopping and starting manually.

I use this all the time. If traffic stops completely, you have to re-engage with the accelerator. But it’s way better than stopping and starting manually.
You can also re-engage by pushing up on the left knob on the steering wheel (the one that adjusts speed during HA/ACC).

Yeah, it asked me a few times to either hit the accelerator or use the steering wheel dial. I didn't get either on video tho.

I guess to Julian's question -- is this a work around for traffic jam assist? Like I said, I honestly don't know.

You can also re-engage by pushing up on the left knob on the steering wheel (the one that adjusts speed during HA/ACC).
That's the method I used.

Traffic Jam assist will have more features. Like detecting the jam in the first place. Right now, if you’re cruising along with no one ahead of you, and traffic is stopped in the distance, HA will not always stop you.

I also think TJA might have automatic lane changing. Or maybe that’s Highway Pilot?

And with TJA, you won’t have to hit the accelerator or the wheel when traffic comes to a complete stop.

But yeah. In the meantime, I find good old HA to be more useful in heavy traffic than it is when traffic is flowing.

Traffic Jam assist will have more features. Like detecting the jam in the first place. Right now, if you’re cruising along with no one ahead of you, and traffic is stopped in the distance, HA will not always stop you.

I also think TJA might have automatic lane changing. Or maybe that’s Highway Pilot?
Okay this is helpful. @julianevjourney.

On my way to Delco this morning for an event for work, I drove into a traffic jam on the turnpike in cold weather and rain. I re-engaged Highway Assist at less than 20 mph and this happened. Is this a temporary work around for traffic jam assist until it is fully implemented in DDPRO? I honestly don't know but our friend and forum member @julianevjourney is asking.

Also, if the stop is less than 2 seconds or so it seems, it won't ask you to re-engage

The function shown above is Adaptive Cruise Control. This function seems to requires lane markings while Traffic Jam Assist doesn't require them.

The manual describes Traffic Jam Assist:

"Traffic Jam Assist

WARNING: When Traffic Jam Assist is following a leading vehicle and no lanes are detected, your vehicle may follow the lead vehicle into another lane. It is your responsibility to stay aware of your surroundings and be prepared to take corrective action at all times.

When the system cannot detect the lane lines or lane markings and there is a vehicle ahead, Highway Assist will follow the leading vehicle.

Note: Traffic Jam Assist is only available when the vehicle’s speed is under 43 mph (70 km/h). When lanes are detected, the system prioritizes using the lanes over following a leading vehicle."

Yeah, it asked me a few times to either hit the accelerator or use the steering wheel dial. I didn't get either on video tho.

Because the video shows 2MPH as its slowest speed. In your case, your car might come to a complete stop for more than 2 seconds.

I hope proper TJA also allows for handsfree operation (like several other manufactures do at this point) at least below some threshold of speed.

Lucid's SW updates have been painfully slow so far, and one of the few points of disappointment I've had with the car.

I hope proper TJA also allows for handsfree operation (like several other manufactures do at this point) at least below some threshold of speed.

Lucid's SW updates have been painfully slow so far, and one of the few points of disappointment I've had with the car.
Each company has its own way.

GM Super Cruise has been "hands-off" since 2017 at any speed on eligible highways (currently only 400,000 miles). Same deals of hands-off for Ford Blue Cruise, Rivian Driver+...

"Hands-off" and "eye-off" under 40MPH is Mercedes L3 Drive Pilot in Europe since last year and soon in California and Nevada for 2024.

Hands-off version in Lucid is called Highway Pilot that is not currently released to consumers.

As Mike Bell and the team continue to develop in house I might add, the software for our cars, it bears repeating that an undertaking like this is a monumental task for even a legacy company let alone a startup like Lucid. I accepted when I bought the car that I would be an early adopter and with that would come software gremlins. I also appreciate that my car was delivered with UX 2 0. The Dreamers and early GT believers that had UX 1.0, let me say y'all really took one for the cause!

Check out this excellent video featuring Mike Bell as he explains a bit the future evolution Lucid's software.

Back