Touring interior light question

Prozzi20

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I just bought a touring and noticed my door/floor and other ambient lighting except display remains white even when I change themes. Are the rest of the lights supposed to change color? I come from BMW where all the lights change color, floor/door etc. just wondering.

Yes, in a Touring all the ambient lighting changes with the theme. I haven’t heard of any issues with that before, but I’d try a logo reset (pilot panel settings, about, touch and hold the Air logo until the whole infotainment system reboots). If that doesn’t get it working, talk to service. Maybe some connection is broken or something.

Yes, in a Touring all the ambient lighting changes with the theme. I haven’t heard of any issues with that before, but I’d try a logo reset (pilot panel settings, about, touch and hold the Air logo until the whole infotainment system reboots). If that doesn’t get it working, talk to service. Maybe some connection is broken or something.
Thank you so much for the response. I tried the reset didn’t change. Service is telling me that touring doesn’t change ambient lighting color just a very small light strip but not the doors or the floor. So not sure if it’s supposed to be this way or the doors/floors actually change.

Service is confused. It's light out right now so can't get a great video of the whole thing, but: https://segbrk.com/door.mp4
This is my 2023 Touring. The only interior lights that don't change with the theme are the bright reading lights.

Thank you so much for the response. I tried the reset didn’t change. Service is telling me that touring doesn’t change ambient lighting color just a very small light strip but not the doors or the floor. So not sure if it’s supposed to be this way or the doors/floors actually change.
That is 100% inaccurate of service to tell you...I have a 2023 Touring and I can confirm that ALL the ambient lighting colors change and its a very apparent change...I know cos changing the themes was my 6yr old's favorite thing to do when we got the car and he got a kick out of seeing his door light color change. You need to get this looked at for sure.

Thank you for the video! I just looked and my car doesn’t even have a light there, just under the door handle it has a light that shines on the door but that remains white.

Thank you for the video! I just looked and my car doesn’t even have a light there, just under the door handle it has a light that shines on the door but that remains white.
Do you have a solid roof Touring?

Oh, if you mean the lights illuminating the door handles on the outside of the car, those are white only.
I guess I have no idea if the interior lighting is different for metal roof Airs. Mine has the glass roof. I assumed lighting was the same between them, but 🤷‍♂️

Oh, if you mean the lights illuminating the door handles on the outside of the car, those are white only.
I guess I have no idea if the interior lighting is different for metal roof Airs. Mine has the glass roof. I assumed lighting was the same between them, but 🤷‍♂️
No I mean interior, there is a light just under the door handle that shines the inside door/cubby. The interior light in your video in mine it’s not even on.

No I mean interior, there is a light just under the door handle that shines the inside door/cubby. The interior light in your video in mine it’s not even on.
Paging @mcr16 for clarification

What interior do you have? Is it Purluxe?

Airs with Purluxe interiors don't have extended configurable ambient lighting, which may explain what you are seeing.
Thank you for that information, service said I had lighting by the door handle that would change only but I don’t even have that lighting.

Back