What’s the point of themes on a pure?

Rogi

I have a pure and I’m confused what I am supposed to do with Themes. I’ve read that it’s less relevant since the ambient lighting on pure is white leds that are not impacted by themes. So do themes just change the gradient color of the icons and the screens? That seems like a pretty weak feature for it to be a featured tab on the Home Screen with ambitious names like “Space”, “Wonder”, etc.

The full effect is changing ambient lighting for the higher trims to the Pure. The best you'll get out of it for a Pure is subtle changes on the +30inch screen

I have a pure and I’m confused what I am supposed to do with Themes. I’ve read that it’s less relevant since the ambient lighting on pure is white leds that are not impacted by themes. So do themes just change the gradient color of the icons and the screens? That seems like a pretty weak feature for it to be a featured tab on the Home Screen with ambitious names like “Space”, “Wonder”, etc.
I agree. They probably shouldn’t have even bothered with a feature tab on the Home Screen, but I can understand they probably didn’t want to write a different software version for the Pure to simply differentiate this one aspect. Relative to the entirety of the car, I can’t get too excited.

I agree. They probably shouldn’t have even bothered with a feature tab on the Home Screen, but I can understand they probably didn’t want to write a different software version for the Pure to simply differentiate this one aspect. Relative to the entirety of the car, I can’t get too excited.
They took out the tab for Massage seats for the Touring and Pure. Seems only natural they would remove Themes for Pure. Unless they have some sort of other plan down the line.

They took out the tab for Massage seats for the Touring and Pure. Seems only natural they would remove Themes for Pure. Unless they have some sort of other plan down the line.
True dat. :)

Thanks for confirming there isn’t much going on with Themes for pure awd. Not a big deal, but odd that they designed it this way for the pure: it’s still an expensive car and I find it hard to believe that color changing LEDs are that expensive.

On another note, would be interesting if the new RWD pure has full ambient lighting, given that it now has the optional nice seats and convenience package.

Thanks for confirming there isn’t much going on with Themes for pure awd. Not a big deal, but odd that they designed it this way for the pure: it’s still an expensive car and I find it hard to believe that color changing LEDs are that expensive.

On another note, would be interesting if the new RWD pure has full ambient lighting, given that it now has the optional nice seats and convenience package.
Maybe that could be included in the "convenience package," although it hasn't been explicitly mentioned.

My guess is the Santa Cruz has the extra features because they didn't want another SKU without the vent and massage.

I just got my 2024 Air Touring with all the options but it turns out Themes is on the pilot screen, but the LEDs are a fixed white. I have been told Themes is not activated with the PureLux interior, which I love BTW. Seems a little odd to take that away with the vegan interior? Anybody else see this?

I just got my 2024 Air Touring with all the options but it turns out Themes is on the pilot screen, but the LEDs are a fixed white. I have been told Themes is not activated with the PureLux interior, which I love BTW. Seems a little odd to take that away with the vegan interior? Anybody else see this?
I thought that was just a characteristic of the Pure. I assumed the other iterations had the changing colors consistent with the theme. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It appears they changed it for 2024. Now the colors only come with the leather interior, apparently, I have the PureLex, and I love it. Seems low brow...

There are 2023 Tourings with Purelux out there too. I wonder if they are also missing ambient lighting

On my '23 Pure AWD, I thought I saw at least a small change to the lighting in the foot areas, door handles, etc. when I switched themes. Might only be brightness though. Do you think a lot of the difference may be functionality that is simply turned off (or dialed back) for the lower trim(s)? I know that the headliner illumination is missing, and I don't even know what people mean when they talk about lighting that makes the main screen seem to float.

Back