RESOLVED Ambient Lighting issue

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
I just picked up my Lucid Air Pure today. Thus far I’ve been very impressed with the QC except for one issue, the ambient lighting. When I go into the ambient lighting menus, I can change themes but there is no ambient lighting in the footwells or doors. Concurrent with this is the fact that the brightness wheel ‘turns’, but has no effect on anything. Am I overlooking something?

I just picked up my Lucid Air Pure today. Thus far I’ve been very impressed with the QC except for one issue, the ambient lighting. When I go into the ambient lighting menus, I can change themes but there is no ambient lighting in the footwells or doors. Concurrent with this is the fact that the brightness wheel ‘turns’, but has no effect on anything. Am I overlooking something?
I'm guessing Pure model doesnt have ambient lighting in the footwell.

I'm guessing Pure model doesnt have ambient lighting in the footwell.
But it has a color wheel that does nothing when the intensity is changed. No lighting in the doors either and no puddle lights. It seems odd the controls would be there and yet nothing responds.

But it has a color wheel that does nothing when the intensity is changed. No lighting in the doors either and no puddle lights. It seems odd the controls would be there and yet nothing responds.
Try it in a dark garage. Make sure that the intensity is turned up all the way.

Try it in a dark garage. Make sure that the intensity is turned up all the way.
Yup, when it was dark I actually backed out of the garage to be sure. I’ll try again later and drive around the block. If the issue continues, I wonder if mobile service can assist? Not a major issue, but I want to ensure it’s not ‘OE’ (operator error).

Bobby, you were right. Turning the intensity to maximum and in a dark environment, the footwell and door lights are visible. I’d call it very subtle lighting. I’m not sure if they’re brighter in upper trim levels, but at least mine work.

Bobby, you were right. Turning the intensity to maximum and in a dark environment, the footwell and door lights are visible. I’d call it very subtle lighting. I’m not sure if they’re brighter in upper trim levels, but at least mine work.
Subtle for sure. Especially with the dark interiors.

I like the subtle lighting, hate how Mercedes makes their interior look like a disco!

I agree, the lighting is subtle. But that’s the only reason I keep it on. I don’t understand why people want to light up the inside of the car, when it’s the outside you want your eyes focusing on. Bright lights inside are a massive distraction.

I don’t need to see my legs while I’m driving. I need to see the road.

As with so many things, Lucid has focused on driving with this car above other things.

I imagine the lighting is even more subtle on the Pure, since you don’t have the light strip on the metal roof.

I agree, the lighting is subtle. But that’s the only reason I keep it on. I don’t understand why people want to light up the inside of the car, when it’s the outside you want your eyes focusing on. Bright lights inside are a massive distraction.

I don’t need to see my legs while I’m driving. I need to see the road.

As with so many things, Lucid has focused on driving with this car above other things.

I imagine the lighting is even more subtle on the Pure, since you don’t have the light strip on the metal roof.
I was recently in an EQS and I found the interior lighting very distracting!

I don’t understand why people want to light up the inside of the car, when it’s the outside you want your eyes focusing on.
FWIW, while I agree with you in general, folks with ADHD may find it easier to focus with music and/or lights. I work best in a room with music going and lights that are changing; it is stimulating so that I can focus. :)

I just picked up my pure last Friday and I have a follow up question to other Pure fellow owners. I can see the ambient lightening changing intensity when adjusting on the screen but changing to different themes seems not having any effect what so ever. Does pure only come with limited ambient lightening? Is it user error? Or maybe SC call is required?

I just picked up my pure last Friday and I have a follow up question to other Pure fellow owners. I can see the ambient lightening changing intensity when adjusting on the screen but changing to different themes seems not having any effect what so ever. Does pure only come with limited ambient lightening? Is it user error? Or maybe SC call is required?
For pure, the themes dont change ambient lighting color(there is no colored ambient lighting in pure, just white LED's). What they do change is that gradient color on the displays.

Xponents is correct, it’s only subtle white LEDs for the Pure’s ambient lighting. Like you, I thought I was doing something wrong, until I found out the controls did not impact the actual ambient lighting.

I noticed displays adjusting to different themes but not the interior lights, only intensity. Thank you Xponents and Lucken for the confirmation.

I noticed displays adjusting to different themes but not the interior lights, only intensity. Thank you Xponents and Lucken for the confirmation.
Yup! This is how it should be working. Enjoy the car!

Back