Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard anything about even starting confirmations? I test drove Ioniq and EV6 today and I am very tempted to cancel and get one of those instead.
Its better to wait to cancel your Luicid reservation until its time to convert it to an order and commit. Ioniq5/EV6 vehicles can be hard to come by and can command a big ADM. Even if you get one of those vehicles, you may change your mind after driving it for awhile and in this market can EASILY resell it for what you paid. Heck, I just sold a 3 year old Telluride to CarMax $1500 OVER what I paid for it in 2019 (including sales tax and registration). Its a CRAZY market at the moment!

Anyone heard anything about even starting confirmations? I test drove Ioniq and EV6 today and I am very tempted to cancel and get one of those instead.
I only just got contacted by an sa last week. I made an appointment to have a tour of the car

Its better to wait to cancel your Luicid reservation until its time to convert it to an order and commit. Ioniq5/EV6 vehicles can be hard to come by and can command a big ADM. Even if you get one of those vehicles, you may change your mind after driving it for awhile and in this market can EASILY resell it for what you paid. Heck, I just sold a 3 year old Telluride to CarMax $1500 OVER what I paid for it in 2019 (including sales tax and registration). Its a CRAZY market at the moment!
Iconiq 5 and Telluride are both very impressive--tho the latter isn't very speedy. I'm going to put in an order for the Iconiq and see what happens. If comes before the Lucid I'll likely take it and wait for Lucid smooth things out.

Not here, but then again, I'm not high on the list either. Which did you like better the Ioniq 5 or the EV6? Is the dealership tacking on a "market rate" fee of $5000+ to the car?

Local (Chicago) markup was about $1,995.

How long to order/deliver>
There are several ready to buy right now here in Chicago with all the Touring features ie. Panoramic roof, ventilated seats/heated seats and steering wheel, ACC, Highway Asisst, CarPlay, Sirius XM that are available now that it kinda makes me wonder what the extra $50k is for in the Lucid? For the waiting?

Also have a look at the GV60 if you'd like a little more bling. Can't go wrong with any of the three.
I was intrigued by the GV60 but its only sold in CA, CT, NJ and NY "with extremely limited availability. So as it's not sold in Tx and has limited range it self eliminated from the running. I also have a Lyriq on order but I heavily favor the Lucid currently.

There are several ready to buy right now here in Chicago with all the Touring features ie. Panoramic roof, ventilated seats/heated seats and steering wheel, ACC, Highway Asisst, CarPlay, Sirius XM that are available now that it kinda makes me wonder what the extra $50k is for in the Lucid? For the waiting?
Roger that...

Those would be the limited version? And really? Because the limited is super hard to find and with only a 2k markup is a steal. No dealer in CA has limited in stock and almost all are charging a minimum of 4k markup.

Hi all, Air Touring - red - santa cruz - 20 in all options. Reserved August 13, 2020. I'm going to set the over / under on touring delivery at Sept 30, 2022 (still q3 right?)

Iconiq 5 and Telluride are both very impressive--tho the latter isn't very speedy. I'm going to put in an order for the Iconiq and see what happens. If comes before the Lucid I'll likely take it and wait for Lucid smooth things out.

Like many others here. I have a Touring reservation but also have other reservations. I currently have an i4 M50 and a Lyriq on reserve. The Air Touring is still my preferred vehicle but it's looking more and more like it will be very late this year but most likely next. I know the Lyriq is a larger vehicle but the interior has a very similar styling and features when compared to the Air. I was able to test drive both versions of the i4 and found that while they weren't the 600HP of the Touring, they had plenty of power, especially the i4 M50.

Those would be the limited version? And really? Because the limited is super hard to find and with only a 2k markup is a steal. No dealer in CA has limited in stock and almost all are charging a minimum of 4k markup.

That’s what we are finding out for my friend who is moving to California. We did some calls for her and it looks like it’ll be easier for her to buy here and ship to California.

I purchased an EV6 GT line as I needed to replace a car coming off a lease. Great car. Not necessarily a substitute for my planned Lucid buy, but will decide after some months of ownership. I was planning on getting rid of my Tesla M3P, but unlike many others, it has been a perfect, zero maintenance and flawless vehicle, now with 45K miles. Lots of great options out there now, and given the production delays, I suspect my Rivian, which I also pre-ordered in early 2021, will be delivered first.

...I know the Lyriq is a larger vehicle but the interior has a very similar styling and features when compared to the Air....
The Lyriq and Air are almost identical in size, except height.

I checked out the high-end Iconiq 5 at the Lincolnwood dealer today. VERY impressive at $56,000....except the dealer is trying to tack on $2500 for some very bogus-sounding interior and exterior "conditioning", $600 for "door guards" and (wait for it) $20,000 Market Adjustment...Total $79,000.

This explains availability.

The Lyriq and Air are almost identical in size, except height.
Thanks for the tip. I had looked at the length of the Lyriq because I was concerned about it being an SUV. But I honestly never looked at the length of the Lucid. You are indeed correct about it length wise and that actually makes me feel better as I was hesitant about it (Lyriq) being too big.

Hi all, Air Touring - red - santa cruz - 20 in all options. Reserved August 13, 2020. I'm going to set the over / under on touring delivery at Sept 30, 2022 (still q3 right?)

Everyone at Lucid has been silent about Touring. Their latest earnings call was "later this year" not even Q3 anymore.

I checked out the high-end Iconiq 5 at the Lincolnwood dealer today. VERY impressive at $56,000....except the dealer is trying to tack on $2500 for some very bogus-sounding interior and exterior "conditioning", $600 for "door guards" and (wait for it) $20,000 Market Adjustment...Total $79,000.

This explains availability.
That's just crazy - $20K markup for an Ioniq 5. I think I read on InsideEVs that the vast majority of KIA dealers (EV6 corporate twin) are certified for EV sales but Hyundai dealers were lagging in getting certified so availability of Ioniq 5 was much less. So people might want to check out the EV6.

Also, Korean media reported that the Ioniq was rushed to release to beat the introduction of the MY in Korea. You might want to consider holding off getting the 1st year because Hyundai is supposed to introduce several improvements in year 2. Probably true because the EV6 is a tiny bit faster charging and efficient. If people aren't looking to hold long term, then no big deal. I considered getting the Ioniq 5/EV6/GV60 but I make a over 240 mile trip twice a month and I would have to charge once on the AWD model to make it home.

I checked the Lucid "design yours" page today and Touring is now showing as Q4 2022. I felt sure it used to say Q3 2022.

Personally my ideal is a Touring without Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound, so even though I have a fairly early reservation I'm thinking I may be lucky to get a vehicle this year.

I checked the Lucid "design yours" page today and Touring is now showing as Q4 2022. I felt sure it used to say Q3 2022.

Personally my ideal is a Touring without Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound, so even though I have a fairly early reservation I'm thinking I may be lucky to get a vehicle this year.
I saw the same thing when I reserved it was third quarter now I'm wondering if I'll get it this year the way the deliveries are going currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back