Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the free EA for three years is really dead. I mean, the deadline was also on Dec 31, 2021, but they extended it. But so far, the deadline is still not extended beyond 6/30/2022... Maybe Lucid will update it tomorrow...
I’m sure you’re aware, but seems they deleted it. It’s a shame because in both premium and non premium, some promo with some level of free charging is basically a standard.

Got this email from my Service Advisor in San Jose (Valley Fair) today (blue color is my edits)

You have secured original pricing with your Lucid Air Touring reservation. For our clients considering upgrading to a higher trim, know that you have also secured original pricing for Grand Touring. *(Note that you are unable to downgrade with the original price once upgraded)*
Pricing as of June 1st:

Grand Touring - Original: $139,000 | New: $154,000
Touring - Original: $95,000 | New: $107,400
Pure - Original: $77,400 | New: $87,400
We expect to begin production of Lucid Air Touring in the 4th quarter of this year.

I’m sure you’re aware, but seems they deleted it. It’s a shame because in both premium and non premium, some promo with some level of free charging is basically a standard.
I am still seeing it if I design a car. It says 3 years free charging included. But if you click on the information button, it still says for orders by 6/30. When you click on the design to reserve, it does say that the charging is included.

I will not get my hopes up. I will not get my hopes up. I will…

Technically, the earliest I should want to take delivery is the end of January. But I’d take it in December and just let the Tesla sit for a month, no problem.

I have always held that Touring would be the least popular trim. Because it’s the one I want. So it has to be the oddball choice. 😜
Do you really want to take delivery in the middle of a Rocky Mtn winter?

I reserved my Touring on 5/31/2022. I didn't have to make selections yet as far as options. Will definitely get Dream Drive, Glass roof, upgraded sound system. Leaning toward Cosmos Silver and Santa Cruz and 20" wheels but my understanding is you choose when asked to proceed with reservation.

Do you really want to take delivery in the middle of a Rocky Mtn winter?
That’s when I took delivery of my Tesla, and when my lease on said vehicle ends. So, yes.

It’ll be fun getting snow tires at that point. But I’ll make it work.

I imagine there will be some folks who refuse to confirm until they test an actual Touring, but I don't see why Lucid would want to wait until then to start letting people confirm with just a GT test drive.
I'd prob. confirm (Ie. put $1k at risk) but I wouldn't close without driving the model I intend to buy....

That’s when I took delivery of my Tesla, and when my lease on said vehicle ends. So, yes.

It’ll be fun getting snow tires at that point. But I’ll make it work.
We're in Chicago and the Vail valley, and I honestly hope I don't get the call until April 1 earliest. I'm going to confirm Silver, so I'll probably get my wish!

I reserved my Touring on 5/31/2022. I didn't have to make selections yet as far as options. Will definitely get Dream Drive, Glass roof, upgraded sound system. Leaning toward Cosmos Silver and Santa Cruz and 20" wheels but my understanding is you choose when asked to proceed with reservation.
Yes. You will choose everything after you get the email to confirm and you do that with your delivery advisor. It will likely be a while before you get that email. They will send them in batches starting with the earliest reservations.

@Volund ^ that is my understanding too, especially since that's what written online

View attachment 3174

is it possible that your SA got the display (on screen) and warning light confused?
Quoting word for word my conversation with him:
him: "Blind spot detection and highway assist are standard features of DreamDrive. If you decide to upgrade to DreamDrive Pro, you will be able to upgrade at the original pricing."

Me: "When you say Blind Spot assist, is that the one with the camera to help see who's in your blindspot?"

Him: "Yes. It’s both the blind spot sensors in the mirrors and the blind spot cameras that activate when you activate the turn signals"

I'd prob. confirm (Ie. put $1k at risk) but I wouldn't close without driving the model I intend to buy....
Absolutely. I think the question is when will they have "base" models available. Are they only going to have loaded models for test drives? - kind of like touring model homes that have all the upgrades.

him: "Blind spot detection and highway assist are standard features of DreamDrive. If you decide to upgrade to DreamDrive Pro, you will be able to upgrade at the original pricing."

Me: "When you say Blind Spot assist, is that the one with the camera to help see who's in your blindspot?"

Him: "Yes. It’s both the blind spot sensors in the mirrors and the blind spot cameras that activate when you activate the turn signals"
I'm very interested to see if this is true or not. If the blind spot display function is included in the base DreamDrive that makes the Pro version a lot less appealing for me. I'm all for saving $9000, though!

oh dear lord. at this point, i have no idea what's going to happen for these touring w/ and w/o DDP. LOL i guess the only way to actually know is to see what comes out, since so many different things are being spread. with that said, on the website, they did say "blind spot display" is DDP only.

Absolutely. I think the question is when will they have "base" models available. Are they only going to have loaded models for test drives? - kind of like touring model homes that have all the upgrades.
I seriously doubt there will be that much variety in test drive vehicles for a long, long time. Not while they still can’t meet demand. They will fully load each trim in the meantime, I’m assuming. Why not put your best foot forward?

… We expect to begin production of Lucid Air Touring in the 4th quarter of this year.
They just sent an email to Pure reservation holders also affirming a Q4 production date for Pure.

Seems like Touring is all but confirmed to be delayed. Well see what they say in their earnings call, but Q3 production date my SA is adamant about seems to be a lie/misinformation.

They just sent an email to Pure reservation holders also affirming a Q4 production date for Pure.

Seems like Touring is all but confirmed to be delayed. Well see what they say in their earnings call, but Q3 production date my SA is adamant about seems to be a lie/misinformation.
“Production“ in Q4 or December would mean deliveries in Q2 2023, or 5 months after production starts. That seems reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back