To max cooling in front - rear AC on or off?

ISOI

For folks who have had a Lucid in summer , if you want to maximize cooling in front are you better off with rear AC on or off ( so theoretically greater flow rate on front )?

You are better off with the rear AC on to help cool the air in back. There is a msx button that you can hit when getting into a hot car and then hit it again to return to normal settings. It works well.

Does the remote preconditioning also go to max?
It seems to take a long time to reach temp....

A slight diversion from A/C here, but since this is a fairly thin thread with the attention of some of the forum techie powerhouses.... I live about 10 minutes from an EA charger, and like to get up at dark-thirty in the morning to get a charge. I want to precondition the battery properly, but since I live in a high rise, I don't think there is a way I can do that without going to the parking garage, starting pre-conditioning, and then leaving the car 'running'. Is there any work around that I am not aware of? A remote battery preconditioning feature, like the remote cabin preconditioning feature, would be great for me.

A slight diversion from A/C here, but since this is a fairly thin thread with the attention of some of the forum techie powerhouses.... I live about 10 minutes from an EA charger, and like to get up at dark-thirty in the morning to get a charge. I want to precondition the battery properly, but since I live in a high rise, I don't think there is a way I can do that without going to the parking garage, starting pre-conditioning, and then leaving the car 'running'. Is there any work around that I am not aware of? A remote battery preconditioning feature, like the remote cabin preconditioning feature, would be great for me.
Why not precondition as you leave your driveway to destination. Tesla cars work the same way

There's no remote preconditioning feature yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion there may be "soon."
Why not precondition as you leave your driveway to destination. Tesla cars work the same way
Because ideal preconditioning takes about 45 minutes, not 10. This would have been nice for me too before I got a home charger.

Its probably not worth the effort here in AZ with our typical temperature and a car parked in parking garage. I doubt that you will notice much difference in charging speed. I would just turn on the preconditioning when you leave your parking garage.

Its probably not worth the effort here in AZ with our typical temperature and a car parked in parking garage. I doubt that you will notice much difference in charging speed. I would just turn on the preconditioning when you leave your parking garage.
That's what I do now, but I notice a really significant increase in my initial kWh if I have been preconditioning for at least a half hour. Perhaps that's coincidental, as my local (Arizona Mills) EA charging station seems to vary kWh far more than the ones I encountered on the road.

That's what I do now, but I notice a really significant increase in my initial kWh if I have been preconditioning for at least a half hour. Perhaps that's coincidental, as my local (Arizona Mills) EA charging station seems to vary kWh far more than the ones I encountered on the road.
You could potentially try using precondition followed by keep mode? I have no idea if that would leave the preconditioning on

My experience is similar regarding charging on roadtrips vs closest EA to home. I get good charging rates on roadtrips regardless of whether the car starts preconditioning 45 minutes ahead of arrival at the station or for whatever reason, it doesn't start preconditioning automatically (except in Beaver UT where all the other vehicles also had low charging rates). At home, it's all over the place - really good one day and really bad another while other times, just OK. Fortunately, I have 2 EA stations within 2 miles of me and the newer one seems more consistent.

For A/C, what's strange to me is that max cool is only with mixed outside and inside air (if you turn on max then select recirculating air, it will turn max off). It would seem more effective to select recirculating air and turn front and rear A/C on.

Folks - I think we have two different conversations going on here. One person asked about preconditioning the battery for charging and another asked about preconditioning the car interior to be cool before entering - I think there is some confusion in the posts. Likely we shouldn’t use the word preconditioning for precooling of the interior of the car.

Folks - I think we have two different conversations going on here. One person asked about preconditioning the battery for charging and another asked about preconditioning the car interior to be cool before entering - I think there is some confusion in the posts. Likely we shouldn’t use the word preconditioning for precooling of the interior of the car.

You are absolutely right. I kind of 'hijacked' the max cooling conversation. My bad, and my apologies.

Back