Tire issue

kmadonna

Cars
745e; 911 Turbo S
Hit a pothole and have to spend $500 on new tire bc of a bubble on sidewall. Only 1k on the car. Uggh. Anyone notice how the Lucid tires/rims have been doing as far as withstanding potholes and the like? I had a 2018 540d that had issue after issue with its wheels. My 2022 745e has been good for the past year.

Hit a pothole and have to spend $500 on new tire bc of a bubble on sidewall. Only 1k on the car. Uggh. Anyone notice how the Lucid tires/rims have been doing as far as withstanding potholes and the like? I had a 2018 540d that had issue after issue with its wheels. My 2022 745e has been good for the past year.
What size tires does your car have? I ask because I went with 19's to minimize wheel and tire damage from potholes.

I’ve had no issues either either the 19s or 21s (I have both) but the 21s you have to be more careful with as they have thinner sidewalls. Potholes are 21” wheel killers, but that’s not limited to just Lucid.

My car (also have 21's) is currently on a tow truck headed to the service center for the exact same issue with a bubble on the sidewall. I haven't hit any potholes (but my husband has driven the car as well) Just received the car Friday, and can't be certain if it wasn't already there, or it happened since we got it in the last 2 days. We will see what they say when they take a look at it.

Car come with 12 month road hazard warranty…have to take it to authorized Pirelli tire center.

I had to replace my front driver side 21" tire with less than 1000 miles on my car. I did hit a pothole on interstate 55 in IL going north just a bit past Route 30. The pavement is shaved, and I never saw it coming. It sounded and felt awful. Noticed the bubble a couple days later. Certainly was not happy about that. I'm more mad about the construction crews leaving such a hole in the road.

I was told the road hazard warranty for Lucid ended 6/1/22, regardless of when you received your car.
So the details for that are apparently they don't think it's worth it for the P-Zeros 245/45 r19 (which are mine) to have the noise dampening tech in it anymore and therefore got rid of the road hazard warranty for those on 6/1/2022 like you said. However, you'll notice your tires all have different manufacturing dates, some even over a year old!

I was told the road hazard warranty for Lucid ended 6/1/22, regardless of when you received your car.
Can’t be regardless of when you got your car. The warranty when you bought your tires (and car) is the warranty you keep. *New* tires won’t have the same warranty.

I didn’t know that until a buddy let me know…by the way Perrelli told me that Lucid is an authorized dealer
So Discount Tire is the authorized dealer / partnered with Lucid. Lucid is the dealership as in any and all claims for tires have to be solely between Lucid and Pirelli. Discount did a shitty job of "initiating a claim"

Can’t be regardless of when you got your car. The warranty when you bought your tires (and car) is the warranty you keep. *New* tires won’t have the same warranty.
Slight correction, since the handoff of the car was after 6/1/22 it doesn't have road hazard warranty. The tires still have a warranty, but not a road hazard warranty.

Your 745e rides on P245/50VR18 which have a sizewall height of 4.6", the fronts on your Lucid ride on 245/35R21 which have a sidewall height of 3.4", rears are 265/35R21 which have a sidewall height of 3.7", and some say size doesn't matter.........

Last edited by a moderator:
My car (also have 21's) is currently on a tow truck headed to the service center for the exact same issue with a bubble on the sidewall. I haven't hit any potholes (but my husband has driven the car as well) Just received the car Friday, and can't be certain if it wasn't already there, or it happened since we got it in the last 2 days. We will see what they say when they take a look at it.
Updating to say the service center is currently replacing my tire, at the cost of $500. They didn't even ask if I hit anything (which I did not)..

$500 for one 21" tire. Yikes.

I like the 20" wheels. I wonder how those are holding up on poor pavement.

So this happened to me today. Front passenger side tire. I dont remember hitting any large potholes or curbing that tire.

Attachments

• 48CD90A2-E889-4A3B-AFF9-01EFB177E383.jpeg
    48CD90A2-E889-4A3B-AFF9-01EFB177E383.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 105
Back