Pothole blowouts in Miami, best course of action

themoosieman

Cars
Lucid Air GT
First time to pose a question here and aware many discussions on here about this, but a lot of responses seem to be location specific.
Hit a deep pothole in Miami last night, crawled home the 1000 yards after hitting, went back to the site to take pictures and saw a Tesla have the precise same blowout of both left side tires, nearly got it on video.

Have 21 inch rims, I'm 1 week and 240 miles into Leasing this car.... turns out the pothole was massive, front rim damaged too, perhaps the back too

Reported the issue to local authorities and even the Police given that 2 blowouts in 10 mins is likely something to be addressed fast.

Booked in for a service at Lucid tomorrow ( 300 yards away ! ) and want to be prepared, don't want to spend lots to be out of pocket.

I'm new to the US, and have no idea if my best plan is to:
- Try to follow up with the City of Miami for compensation ( hear lots of stories about this being a waste of time)
- Accept I'm out of pocket for 2 tires and rim repair and move on ( guessing this is $1500)
- Use my Insurance to try to cover ( deductible is $500)
- Expect Lucid to help me out , since the car is leased and so new.
- Chase on Pirelli given the issues many have faced here?
Thanks in advance.

First time to pose a question here and aware many discussions on here about this, but a lot of responses seem to be location specific.
Hit a deep pothole in Miami last night, crawled home the 1000 yards after hitting, went back to the site to take pictures and saw a Tesla have the precise same blowout of both left side tires, nearly got it on video.

Have 21 inch rims, I'm 1 week and 240 miles into Leasing this car.... turns out the pothole was massive, front rim damaged too, perhaps the back too

Reported the issue to local authorities and even the Police given that 2 blowouts in 10 mins is likely something to be addressed fast.

Booked in for a service at Lucid tomorrow ( 300 yards away ! ) and want to be prepared, don't want to spend lots to be out of pocket.

- Try to follow up with the City of Miami for compensation ( hear lots of stories about this being a waste of time)
- Accept I'm out of pocket for 2 tires and rim repair and move on ( guessing this is $1500)
Thanks in advance.
I think the best course of action would be to go after the city of miami. If another driver had it as well, there is clear evidence that it is an issue for all cars.

Can you give us a heads up where the pothole is so that those of us in the area can avoid it. Thanks!

Thanks in advance.
This happened to me in Chicago in a Jaguar XJL--broke two wheels, etc. State Farm paid all but the deductible and said they would make a claim with the city.

Huge pain with towing, cabs etc. but in the end $500 seem like getting off lightly

Can you give us a heads up where the pothole is so that those of us in the area can avoid it. Thanks!
It's on 2nd Avenue going south, at 19th Street.
Not sure if this works......https://www.google.com/maps/@25.7949085,-80.1908191,3a,75y,97.82h,85.48t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGPmrOV9teAdUGJgPLQyjsA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Thanks in advance.
Well, Lucid and Pirelli have no responsibility here because it was a road hazard as opposed to failure from normal usage. I would go after the city and also file an insurance claim.

File an insurance claim. The city will not accept liability and will try to blame contractors. I had a similar issue with a town in south florida. The end result was that the insurance paid the claim and told me if I wanted to file a small claims court lawsuit against the town that I would probably win. But the insurance company decided not to pursue this route as the attorney cost would be higher than the claim. I decided that $500 was cheaper than spending a ton of time trying to sue the town.

Back