Pirelli Tire Issue & Warranty Megathread

I noticed my front driver tire has a small bubble. Doesnt seem immediately dangerous - the bubble is still as firm as the rest of the sidewall, but obviously will likely catastrophically fail at some point.

I called Lucid customer care and was very disappointed.. The guy who picked up the phone and was working in a very loud environment, and seemed very unprepared to assist me. Lots of "uhs" and he just didnt sound confident in what he was saying.

He initially basically said "thats between you and the tire shop", and stated it would be "out of pocket" which honestly is bullshit considering I live 5 miles from a service center and am only 3 weeks into ownership. I reminded him of this and he said "oh let me see where you are".

After realizing I was near a service center, he still recommended I go to a Pirelli dealer but the service center "may be able to help"

I texted my DA, and she directed me to the local Studio, who then directed me back to customer service, who already redirected me to a 3rd party shop.

Very poor experience and frustrating.

Im pushing to get this tire replaced at the Service center. I also need to get my charge port door realigned and steering wheel creak fixed, so I'm hoping to roll this all into one appointment.

Still love the vehicle and as excited for the future, but this was a bad experience.

I hope the Lucid officials on this forum can raise this to who needs to hear it - the last thing I want to do after finding an issue like this is be hot potatoe'd/on hold for 45 minutes.

We have a 6 hour trip planned tomorrow, and Im leaning toward still doing it.
Please fill out the excel sheet!

Up three posts...

I noticed my front driver tire has a small bubble. Doesnt seem immediately dangerous - the bubble is still as firm as the rest of the sidewall, but obviously will likely catastrophically fail at some point.

I called Lucid customer care and was very disappointed.. The guy who picked up the phone and was working in a very loud environment, and seemed very unprepared to assist me. Lots of "uhs" and he just didnt sound confident in what he was saying.

He initially basically said "thats between you and the tire shop", and stated it would be "out of pocket" which honestly is bullshit considering I live 5 miles from a service center and am only 3 weeks into ownership. I reminded him of this and he said "oh let me see where you are".

After realizing I was near a service center, he still recommended I go to a Pirelli dealer but the service center "may be able to help"

I texted my DA, and she directed me to the local Studio, who then directed me back to customer service, who already redirected me to a 3rd party shop.

Very poor experience and frustrating.

Im pushing to get this tire replaced at the Service center. I also need to get my charge port door realigned and steering wheel creak fixed, so I'm hoping to roll this all into one appointment.

Still love the vehicle and as excited for the future, but this was a bad experience.

I hope the Lucid officials on this forum can raise this to who needs to hear it - the last thing I want to do after finding an issue like this is be hot potatoe'd/on hold for 45 minutes.

We have a 6 hour trip planned tomorrow, and Im leaning toward still doing it.
This sucks. Contact the service center directly.

Reviving an older thread for those that recently took delivery. It's recommended to register your tires if you experience a warrantee-able issue in the future with the tires ... From the above postings, you can quickly get a replacement comped through Discount/America's Tire after authorization from Pirelli.

Reviving an older thread for those that recently took delivery. It's recommended to register your tires if you experience a warrantee-able issue in the future with the tires ... From the above postings, you can quickly get a replacement comped through Discount/America's Tire after authorization from Pirelli.

Great idea. But the form doesn’t include Lucid as a brand.

Great idea. But the form doesn’t include Lucid as a brand.
Yes, others had this issue too ... I left model and brand blank (luckily the form wasn't rejected) and put the model info in the Dealer name field. Submission went through. What is a PITA is getting the DOT numbers from the tires, all 4 are different so you need all 4 to submit. Was tricky to capture pics of each for easier deciphering of the text as 2 tires' DOT numbers were on the sidewall closest to the garage floor!! LOL

Similar situation here. 2 weeks into ownership and car is barely 300 miles. Then I saw a bubble on one front tire. No rim damage, no pothole. Contacted customer service and will update what will happen.

I have had TWO side bulges (separate tires, not at same time) in my DE Range. I'm just shy of 5k miles. Both were warranty covered, but not for labor.
I know there are other threads, but I thought the post would pack a bigger 'punch' if it was read in context with the above.

I JUST hit 10k miles this past weekend. In fact, I was planning on coming on this forum to post my mileage at 9,999 and then 10,000.

Instead, I'm on here to post that while Lucid Service (side note: still completely awesome guys, they are on top of EVERYTHING for me and I love them) were out dealing with my towhook issue yesterday, and reported to me that I have ANOTHER TWO TIRE SIDEWALL BULGES!

And...

One of them is in one of the tires replaced from the above post!

You can't make this up!

I'm at a loss for what to do. I know there are multiple threads, with multiple suggestions, but I am truly worried about a blowout at some point.

I know there are other threads, but I thought the post would pack a bigger 'punch' if it was read in context with the above.

I JUST hit 10k miles this past weekend. In fact, I was planning on coming on this forum to post my mileage at 9,999 and then 10,000.

Instead, I'm on here to post that while Lucid Service (side note: still completely awesome guys, they are on top of EVERYTHING for me and I love them) were out dealing with my towhook issue yesterday, and reported to me that I have ANOTHER TWO TIRE SIDEWALL BULGES!

And...

One of them is in one of the tires replaced from the above post!

You can't make this up!

I'm at a loss for what to do. I know there are multiple threads, with multiple suggestions, but I am truly worried about a blowout at some point.
Seems like this is a problem as I've had low profile tires in the past and haven't suffered this many sidewall bubble issues. Maybe this is something that should be reported to NTSB so Pirelli and Lucid can be compelled to come up with a solution

I noticed two sidewall bubbles on my Pure's rear passenger side 19" Pirelli tire within a week of ownership that made my tire look like it had testicles. I did not hit any potholes, and there is no rim damage also. Here's what I learned:

1. Lucid service centers, at this time, are NOT authorized Pirelli dealers. If you are attempting to claim warranty with Pirelli, replacing your affected tire at a Lucid service center decreases your chances of successfully claiming warranty with Pirelli.

2. The affected tire must be inspected as is on its wheel by a authorized Pirelli dealer. Use this authorized Pirelli dealers locator. Do not attempt to remove/replace the tire off its wheel without an authorized Pirelli dealer, as this can void the warranty.

3. The Pirelli's seem very prone to sidewall bubbling, the warranty covers only up to a 1 year after receiving your vehicle or after 2/32" of usable tread. Highly recommend a road hazard warranty with an authorized Pirelli dealer. I got mines warrantied from America's Tire for $40 per tire.

Attached is the Pirelli tire warranty .pdf

Attachments

• 20200313_PirelliConsumerWarranty.pdf
    703.4 KB · Views: 103
I noticed two sidewall bubbles on my Pure's rear passenger side 19" Pirelli tire within a week of ownership that made my tire look like it had testicles. I did not hit any potholes, and there is no rim damage also. Here's what I learned:

1. Lucid service centers, at this time, are NOT authorized Pirelli dealers. If you are attempting to claim warranty with Pirelli, replacing your affected tire at a Lucid service center decreases your chances of successfully claiming warranty with Pirelli.

2. The affected tire must be inspected as is on its wheel by a authorized Pirelli dealer. Use this authorized Pirelli dealers locator. Do not attempt to remove/replace the tire off its wheel without an authorized Pirelli dealer, as this can void the warranty.

3. The Pirelli's seem very prone to sidewall bubbling, the warranty covers only up to a 1 year after receiving your vehicle or after 2/32" of usable tread. Highly recommend a road hazard warranty with an authorized Pirelli dealer. I got mines warrantied from America's Tire for $40 per tire.

Attached is the Pirelli tire warranty .pdf

Fill that in please. Also, I went with the Azenis one week ago after my 2nd passenger front failed on me. I'll update everyone on how it holds up.

What is the process for purchasing for purchasing the road hazard warranty for the tires that are original OEMs? Does America’s tire provide the warranty option to purchase for these?

What is the process for purchasing for purchasing the road hazard warranty for the tires that are original OEMs? Does America’s tire provide the warranty option to purchase for these?
A local Pirelli dealer said they would be able to sell me the road hazard warranty even though I had not purchased the tires and they had been in use for a while. They will need to inspect the tires in order to quote a price.

A local Pirelli dealer said they would be able to sell me the road hazard warranty even though I had not purchased the tires and they had been in use for a while. They will need to inspect the tires in order to quote a price.
Discount tire will do it too.

This is not unique to Lucid's cars. It's very common to modern sports cars of all makes with low profile tires.
I would argue that it is a Lucid problem. They chose the tire package for the car. That should have accounted for the weight of the Lucid as well as the rim combo. I have low profile tires (including Pirelli low profile tires) on multiple cars and never had this issue. They should have chosen a different / thicker tire sidewall for the 21" wheel package. I switched to the Falken Azenis and have been bubble free for a month.

Back