Pirelli Tire Issue & Warranty Megathread

Has anyone seen the bubble issue with 19” tires?

Update: .. Customer Service was not able to help. They said that Lucid no longer provides Hazard Warranty and that I should take the car to Discount Tire as they deal w/ manufacturers like Pirelli all the time and would be able to assist me with filing a warranty claim.
Discount tire ordered a tire, but said that they can't do anything about warranty ... so; there it is. (they had never seen a Lucid before .. I hope they ordered the proper Elect EV tire 🤞)

The crazy part is that I've had issues w/ bubbles in Pirelli P-zero tires on a few vehicles (even the F150). This is the first time that I'm pretty sure the bubble wasn't caused by anything I did (in the 150 mi. I've driven); although I did NOT check the tires upon delivery.

@MoniputerLM .. how did you register the tires on the Pirelli website? It won't let me select Lucid as a manufacturer. .. Thanks
The warp in tire is how bubbled tire look like? Just curious.

The warp in tire is how bubbled tire look like? Just curious.
Yes .. The slight bulge in the 21" tire on my uploaded photos is "the bubble". It's more evident in rl .. my lack of photography skills didn't help .. :(

Hey guys. I can add some perspective too as I've posted a couple of times here about my tire blowout issue. Hopefully this helps in different ways to everyone in some way! So I have had nails and screws and all that jazz enter into my tires but never a blowout so it shocked me like no other! But basically Pirelli asked me to head to Discount Tire to initiate a claim and they did basically nothing. In the sense, they said "oh we left a voicemail and hopefully someone calls you". We barely had 750 miles on the tires and Scottsdale Service Center actually drove 2 hours north to us just to drop a tire and did not charge us for it.

Hey guys. I can add some perspective too as I've posted a couple of times here about my tire blowout issue. Hopefully this helps in different ways to everyone in some way! So I have had nails and screws and all that jazz enter into my tires but never a blowout so it shocked me like no other! But basically Pirelli asked me to head to Discount Tire to initiate a claim and they did basically nothing. In the sense, they said "oh we left a voicemail and hopefully someone calls you". We barely had 750 miles on the tires and Scottsdale Service Center actually drove 2 hours north to us just to drop a tire and did not charge us for it.
21” ?

Discount Tire said they couldn't do anything either and I'm not sure they even contacted Pirelli (btw, I only have 177 miles on my Air). Unfortunately, the closest SC to us is 400 miles away and customer service basically told me "it's my problem" (in a much nicer way).

I've had bubbles in Pirelli P-Zero tires with other cars & I'm torn w/ replacing the 1 tire ($500) or buying all new Michelins ($2K) ..

ugh!

Discount Tire said they couldn't do anything either and I'm not sure they even contacted Pirelli (btw, I only have 177 miles on my Air). Unfortunately, the closest SC to us is 400 miles away and customer service basically told me "it's my problem" (in a much nicer way).

I've had bubbles in Pirelli P-Zero tires with other cars & I'm torn w/ replacing the 1 tire ($500) or buying all new Michelins ($2K) ..

ugh!
In April, I visited Discount Tires, they told me Lucid is too new to their system and 21” Pirelli is not even in their national inventory. So I am very cautious of what my 21” is driving on.

Hey guys. I can add some perspective too as I've posted a couple of times here about my tire blowout issue. Hopefully this helps in different ways to everyone in some way!
So I have had nails and screws and all that jazz enter into my tires but never a blowout so it shocked me like no other! But basically Pirelli asked me to head to Discount Tire to initiate a claim and they did basically nothing. In the sense, they said "oh we left a voicemail and hopefully someone calls you". We barely had 750 miles on the tires and Scottsdale Service Center actually drove 2 hours north to us just to drop a tire and did not charge us for it. They asked me to initiate a claim on their behalf and so I was on the phone with Pirelli for quite a bit. At first, they kept saying I should have kept something from the tire to send to them fro a claim and I said yeah there's no way I'm running on to the interstate to grab whatever's left of my back right tire.
We nearly concluded by saying Im out of luck because Discount Tire told me in person that there's no need for me to keep any leftover of the tire but just the receipts from everything. Eventually it dawned upon the rep I was talking to that my 19" tires (P-Zero 245/45 r19 with PNCS tech and "ELECT" written on it) actually is covered under "Hazard warranty" if and only if the tires had a manufacturing date on or before 06/01/2022. Apparently they are no longer providing these special noise-cancelling PNCS tires for Lucid anymore since they've had no claims against it or something like that.
But what I find ridiculous was 1) They don't train Discount Tires on how to handle or even initiate claims appropriately. This includes 2 Discount Tires I had interacted with. 2) Pirelli saying "you need to have some part of the tire with you", which is absurd coz the last thing you'd think of when pulling off the road coz your is flying off your car is picking up bits and pieces of it. 3) Discount Tires not knowing jack-shit about anything and in fact giving you wrong information. Whilst I was getting my new tire put in, the old tire drum was right there for 3 hours and nobody there suggested to keep something from tire with me for a warranty or anything.

Attachments

• Lucid tire blowout.jpeg
    Lucid tire blowout.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 149
In April, I visited Discount Tires, they told me Lucid is too new to their system and 21” Pirelli is not even in their national inventory. So I am very cautious of what my 21” is driving on.
Well, at least here in Charlotte, the Lucid is still "new" .. they haven't seen one at their store and promised me that they'd look into proper process for lifting the car (plenty of Teslas here and he said they're aware of how important proper lift is w/ the battery on the bottom). He also told me it'd be a few days before he could get a tire.

I will admit I'm a bit uneasy, BUT I'm fearful of driving my car w/ the bubble being on the edge of the tire (where bad separations, and bad things, happen). Don't see much of a choice really.

Yes .. The slight bulge in the 21" tire on my uploaded photos is "the bubble". It's more evident in rl .. my lack of photography skills didn't help .. :(
Nice catch! Without looking down the plane of the tire it would be easy to miss. Makes me want to go out and look at my tires more closely given the low mileage you have on your car. Hoping Pirelli stands behind their products like Michelin does.

Hey guys. I can add some perspective too as I've posted a couple of times here about my tire blowout issue. Hopefully this helps in different ways to everyone in some way!
So I have had nails and screws and all that jazz enter into my tires but never a blowout so it shocked me like no other! But basically Pirelli asked me to head to Discount Tire to initiate a claim and they did basically nothing. In the sense, they said "oh we left a voicemail and hopefully someone calls you". We barely had 750 miles on the tires and Scottsdale Service Center actually drove 2 hours north to us just to drop a tire and did not charge us for it. They asked me to initiate a claim on their behalf and so I was on the phone with Pirelli for quite a bit. At first, they kept saying I should have kept something from the tire to send to them fro a claim and I said yeah there's no way I'm running on to the interstate to grab whatever's left of my back right tire.
We nearly concluded by saying Im out of luck because Discount Tire told me in person that there's no need for me to keep any leftover of the tire but just the receipts from everything. Eventually it dawned upon the rep I was talking to that my 19" tires (P-Zero 245/45 r19 with PNCS tech and "ELECT" written on it) actually is covered under "Hazard warranty" if and only if the tires had a manufacturing date on or before 06/01/2022. Apparently they are no longer providing these special noise-cancelling PNCS tires for Lucid anymore since they've had no claims against it or something like that.
But what I find ridiculous was 1) They don't train Discount Tires on how to handle or even initiate claims appropriately. This includes 2 Discount Tires I had interacted with. 2) Pirelli saying "you need to have some part of the tire with you", which is absurd coz the last thing you'd think of when pulling off the road coz your is flying off your car is picking up bits and pieces of it. 3) Discount Tires not knowing jack-shit about anything and in fact giving you wrong information. Whilst I was getting my new tire put in, the old tire drum was right there for 3 hours and nobody there suggested to keep something from tire with me for a warranty or anything.

Blowouts are truly not a pleasant experience. Been there.. done that, in a 45' 55,000# RV flying down the Florida Turnpike at 68 MPH. Front right tire let go at 140psi, felt like a bomb went off. Happy that you kept the car stable. The bead appears to have held up pretty well. Did the wheel take any damage?

Blowouts are truly not a pleasant experience. Been there.. done that, in a 45' 55,000# RV flying down the Florida Turnpike at 68 MPH. Front right tire let go at 140psi, felt like a bomb went off. Happy that you kept the car stable. The bead appears to have held up pretty well. Did the wheel take any damage?
Thanks man! The rim actually so well intact that we could use the same for the new Pirelli we put on it. Quite astonishing but yeah...

Thanks man! The rim actually so well intact that we could use the same for the new Pirelli we put on it. Quite astonishing but yeah...
Great to hear! Wheels (and bodywork, and functional bits in the wheel well) tend to fall victim to blow-outs which only makes things much more expensive. Forget the hassle of finding/getting a matching wheel. Awful situation no doubt but happy it is just a tire.

Nice catch! Without looking down the plane of the tire it would be easy to miss. Makes me want to go out and look at my tires more closely given the low mileage you have on your car. Hoping Pirelli stands behind their products like Michelin does.
Honestly, if I hadn't been looking at this Forum and read that folks had issues, I never would've spotted it. I was unplugging my charger and decided to look at the tire. The 21" have such a low profile that I had to "touch it to believe it" ... then I checked the other tires, of course

I registered my tires here, but used "none" in the "Brand" section and filled in Lucid's information for the dealer, using the Newark location detail. I am not sure if it is correct, but the registration was accepted...I think. You will need to get the DOT numbers off the tires and they were "validated" successfully.

It probably doesn't matter, but I used the Lucid address on my purchase agreement. In my case, it was the Riviera Beach facility.

Update: .. Customer Service was not able to help. They said that Lucid no longer provides Hazard Warranty and that I should take the car to Discount Tire as they deal w/ manufacturers like Pirelli all the time and would be able to assist me with filing a warranty claim.
Discount tire ordered a tire, but said that they can't do anything about warranty ... so; there it is. (they had never seen a Lucid before .. I hope they ordered the proper Elect EV tire 🤞)

The crazy part is that I've had issues w/ bubbles in Pirelli P-zero tires on a few vehicles (even the F150). This is the first time that I'm pretty sure the bubble wasn't caused by anything I did (in the 150 mi. I've driven); although I did NOT check the tires upon delivery.

@MoniputerLM .. how did you register the tires on the Pirelli website? It won't let me select Lucid as a manufacturer. .. Thanks
I think that I used "Other"? Will check.

It probably doesn't matter, but I used the Lucid address on my purchase agreement. In my case, it was the Riviera Beach facility.
That is the same address I used.

Michelin makes a great tire, albeit an expensive one. Had Pilot Sport 4S's on my Model S but chewed them up 1 set of back's to every 2 sets of fronts (about 10-12k miles per set given how the car plows into corners due to its weight). Best part of Michelin's vs. Pirelli.. CostCo sells Michelins a bit cheaper and come standard with road hazard. Switched to Pilot Sport 4AS (all-season) but sold the car before I could really test the longevity.

The one thing Pirelli has.. F1.

P.S. Had Firestone Indy at one point..... not good. Then had Continental's... hit and miss.

Back