Tire blow out

A 24”

A 24” 4x4 plus a jack plus a tire. That takes up a lot of space.
You can shorten the 4X4 to 12” if you are worried about space. It only needs to be long enough so you can drive up on it easily.

I carry full size spare, low profile platform jack, segment of 4X4, and socket with breaker bar on every long trip in my Model S. It has saved me three different times since 2016. A little preparation can turn a major problem into a minor inconvenience.

You can shorten the 4X4 to 12” if you are worried about space. It only needs to be long enough so you can drive up on it easily.

I carry full size spare, low profile platform jack, segment of 4X4, and socket with breaker bar on every long trip in my Model S. It has saved me three different times since 2016. A little preparation can turn a major problem into a minor inconvenience.
Well, the only thing missing is the 4x4, but now that @Neurio has heard from the service guys you can jack the whole car up from one jack point on either side, no need maybe?

Well, the only thing missing is the 4x4, but now that @Neurio has heard from the service guys you can jack the whole car up from one jack point on either side, no need maybe?
Tesla Model 3 is the same. Easy to rotate tires front to back with just one jack. I had a 1969 convertible once that would pretty much fold in half if you tried that.

Lucid dropped my car back off this afternoon. No wheel damage and the alignment was still perfect, so just a tire change thankfully. I did ask them to look at my trunk gap (within spec) and windshield washer mechanism (functioning as intended), so all is well!

Lucid dropped my car back off this afternoon. No wheel damage and the alignment was still perfect, so just a tire change thankfully. I did ask them to look at my trunk gap (within spec) and windshield washer mechanism (functioning as intended), so all is well!
Glad she is back in the stable And ready for another ride!

Bah! My front right tire just blew out after driving over a rough patch of road on my way home. On the phone with Lucid customer support, I remembered that I had the EZ Spare and a jack, but, alas, my electric jack is now too tall to fit under the car because of the loss of height clearance from the flat. Doh! Didn't take that into account...

Now waiting for a flat bed tow to my house so Lucid can come out at some point and replace my tire. Guess I need to look for a shorter jack too. Pobably going to have to go manual, unfortunately for my lazy self. 😫
Had my front pax tire replaced last week due to a bulge with 2700 miles, which my detailed identified. Not covered under warranty. Kudos to The CMSC team were out within 90min and replaced costing $450.

Had my front pax tire replaced last week due to a bulge with 2700 miles, which my detailed identified. Not covered under warranty. Kudos to The CMSC team were out within 90min and replaced costing $450.
That $450 is in the reasonable range for a single tire replacement.

It often is difficult to get a low-profile jack in place when a tire is flat and the car is closer to the ground. For this reason, I carry a 24” 4X4 in my car. Drive your flat tire up onto the 4X4. This typically will raise your car sufficiently to allow placement of your jack.
that's a great idea- is it cut at an angle like a ramp? Can you post a pic of it? I'm having trouble visualizing how it would be used

that's a great idea- is it cut at an angle like a ramp? Can you post a pic of it? I'm having trouble visualizing how it would be used
I have not seen the need to cut an angle like a ramp. In the times I used it, the flat tire drove up on to the 4X4 without difficulty. Since the original post, others have mentioned commercial hard rubber wedges but they were expensive. The 4X4 works just fine. Cut a piece just long enough to drive on to easily.

Bah! My front right tire just blew out after driving over a rough patch of road on my way home. On the phone with Lucid customer support, I remembered that I had the EZ Spare and a jack, but, alas, my electric jack is now too tall to fit under the car because of the loss of height clearance from the flat. Doh! Didn't take that into account...

Now waiting for a flat bed tow to my house so Lucid can come out at some point and replace my tire. Guess I need to look for a shorter jack too. Pobably going to have to go manual, unfortunately for my lazy self. 😫
Good to know, will have to remember this, and to try the 4x4 method, the car being low, it's not something I'd considered before
Of course. Have any 19s blown out?
Yes, me lol.
Front left tire needs replacement, but because one is being replaced, they did an inspection and saw a smaller bulge on the front right and figured they'll do 2 for 1 warranty claim.
Pirelli Warranty is covering the tires, although not at 100%, it's like 80-85%, I have to pay around $140 out of pocket for both tires.

Back