This ownership was short lived…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
To support the company with sales. That's why I kept my Touring reservation. I also plan to keep my car for a long time so there's that.
Buying a new car is almost always a monetary loss.

In this price range, some of us like supporting the companies, but owning a new car we can call “ours” is a bonus we’re willing to pay for.

I've told y'all time and time again out these disingenuous "Out of Spec" dudes! They trashed Lucid for over a year in a sneaky/sly way and I called it months ago.

He bought the car for content and clicks and some of y'all bought right into their nonsense! I hope he sells it!
Of course, and you are 100% correct. You did call it few moths ago.
I bet, his next purchase will be for maximum clicks also. Btw, does anybody know his daily job (if he has one)?
I unsubscribed his channel btw as a very manipulative one.

Of course, and you are 100% correct. You did call it few moths ago.
I bet, his next purchase will be for maximum clicks also. Btw, does anybody know his daily job (if he has one)?
I unsubscribed his channel btw as a very manipulative one.
All sorts of speculation and what not here, but let's remember, keep it civil and that people buy cars for all sorts of reasons that don't involve any of us. Whether or not his videos were disingenuous or just produced to create a narrative is all up to our own interpretation. Please remember our guidelines regarding personal attacks and keeping this forum friendly.

All sorts of speculation and what not here, but let's remember, keep it civil and that people buy cars for all sorts of reasons that don't involve any of us. Whether or not his videos were disingenuous or just produced to create a narrative is all up to our own interpretation. Please remember our guidelines regarding personal attacks and keeping this forum friendly.
You are right, sometimes I get too emotional, apologies.

Lol was @thecodingart first reply wife instead of car?
You caught that, lol. Of course you did as an admin. That suppose to be my next joke.
As you noted, I like to joke (my nature), I think laughter is very good for this forum.

Buying a new car is almost always a monetary loss.

In this price range, some of us like supporting the companies, but owning a new car we can call “ours” is a bonus we’re willing to pay for.
I bought my M4 in 2016 for $100k+ with all the options I wanted. Less than 30k miles. It's now going for $30-40k. Any car you buy and drive off the lot will depreciate in value unless they are classics with limited runs. I still love my bimmer and will never sell it. Same for my GT.

I think @OutofSpecDave loves the Lucid and was overall very positive about the car, I have nothing negative to say about him or his coverage, except for perhaps for trying to encourage people to only buy used ones, which harms the company, while making a buck off the video content suggesting this car’s road trip worthiness is ruined by CCS, which also harms the company.

The fact is MANY MANY MANY of us have taken quite long road trips in the Lucid just fine using a combination of CCS and destination charging. There may or may not have been some EA hiccups along the way, but would any of us rather be in a less spacious less luxurious less range flimsier built uglier car with dramatically worse ride quality just so we could charge on Superchargers? I definitely wouldn’t. I think one has to take overall ownership experience into account, not just DC fast charging. Is there anybody here who has a Tesla and a Lucid who prefers the Tesla as a car overall and wants to get rid of their Lucid? I won’t criticize you, I’m just skeptical that it’s likely. I can imagine being deflated if you were to try and beat the cannonball in the Lucid because the CCS network sabotaged your hard work, but still for normal road tripping I don’t see any EV option better than the Lucid.

Last edited:
I think @OutofSpecDave loves the Lucid and was overall very positive about the car, I have nothing negative to say about him or his coverage, except for perhaps for trying to encourage people to only buy used ones, which harms the company, while making a buck off the video content suggesting this car’s road trip worthiness is ruined by CCS, which also harms the company.

The fact is MANY MANY MANY of us have taken quite long road trips in the Lucid just fine using a combination of CCS and destination charging. There may or may not have been some EA hiccups along the way, but would any of us rather be in a less spacious less luxurious less range flimsier built uglier car with dramatically worse ride quality just so we could charge on Superchargers? I definitely wouldn’t. I think one has to take overall ownership experience into account, not just DC fast charging. Is there anybody here who has a Tesla and a Lucid who prefers the Tesla as a car overall and wants to get rid of their Lucid? I won’t criticize you, I’m just skeptical that it’s likely. I can imagine being deflated if you were to try and beat the cannonball in the Lucid because the CCS network sabotaged your hard work, but still for normal road tripping I don’t see any EV option better than the Lucid.
If you really look at the grand scheme of things objectively.

The push to 1000V Is absolutely the correct play and as Kyle said, Tesla needs to hurry.

One of the biggest reasons being that the lower the voltage, the longer the charge times. With EV's becoming more and more mass adopted, that means more lines and more people waiting in line to charge.

Shouldn't the goal be to charge as fast as possible and get out?

Dramatically worse wide quality and less spacious? Not true. Love my Model S and would also love the Lucid if I get one. I flip flop all the time when I test drive a Lucid and then drive my Model S, as I think they are both great. So, I guess I am one of those you should be skeptical on, as I would be happy in either car and both have positives and negatives. And I like Dave Out of Spec and Connor’s reviews and put a lot of value on them.

Cracks me up when people say the above, as it is totally false and bias. But I get it, as you are a Lucid owner and this is a Lucid forum. Say something like that on a Tesla forum and would be different response. 🙂

Dramatically worse wide quality and less spacious? Not true. Love my Model S and would also love the Lucid if I get one. I flip flop all the time when I test drive a Lucid and then drive my Model S, as I think they are both great. So, I guess I am one of those you should be skeptical on, as I would be happy in either car and both have positives and negatives. And I like Dave Out of Spec and Connor’s reviews and put a lot of value on them.

Cracks me up when people say the above, as it is totally false and bias. But I get it, as you are a Lucid owner and this is a Lucid forum. Say something like that on a Tesla forum and would be different response. 🙂
Less spacious is objectively true. The Lucid has more room. By far. Both in rear seat room and cargo space. This is not controversial. Nor a matter of opinion.

But yes, post that on a Tesla forum and tons of people will definitely argue with you. (I’d never do that, of course, because I don’t walk into rooms full of people who like a thing and try to tell them they are wrong for liking it. That would be rude.)

I can only comment on model 3/Y, I’ll have a 2022
model S as a rental in August for a week and will report back if I think it’s as luxurious as the Lucid with as good ride quality and equivalent for road tripping. I more made the post in reference to @OutofSpecDave focusing mostly on Model 3/Y variants in his videos, I don’t think he has a model S, so I’m focusing on the 3/Y because he does. The suspension in the 3/Y is just not good. The steering on the other hand is pretty good. The one pedal driving is excellent. Other than that the car feels like it’s going to fall apart, like it feels like it’s missing soundproofing or stabilizing bars or something. The HVAC system outside of the car sounds like a ShopVac when it first turns on. Any driving in a 3/Y beyond in town driving causes me fatigue, and the audio system causes way more ear fatigue than the Lucid. So this is why his choice to bail on the Lucid because of the CCS network baffles me. Road tripping is a lot more than just DCFC, and his alternative vehicles chosen and promoted just don’t make sense to me.

To support the company with sales. That's why I kept my Touring reservation. I also plan to keep my car for a long time so there's that.

There is an AT on Lucid's "Ready to go" store with the same specs/options as mine. $130,000.

I paid less for mine, as it was a 2022 reservation at the old (lower) price.

A touring just sold on Cars & Bids for ~$85,000. 3,300 miles (mine is ~4,000). Add $15,000 for SSP & DDP (which you wouldn't fully recover, in reality), which mine has and the sold one didn't, and that's at a $30,000 premium.

That's quite a bit for 3 years of free charging and 30 miles on the odometer.

There is an AT on Lucid's "Ready to go" store with the same specs/options as mine. $130,000.

I paid less for mine, as it was a 2022 reservation at the old (lower) price.

A touring just sold on Cars & Bids for ~$85,000. 3,300 miles (mine is ~4,000). Add $15,000 for SSP & DDP (which you wouldn't fully recover, in reality), which mine has and the sold one didn't, and that's at a $30,000 premium.

That's quite a bit for 3 years of free charging and 30 miles on the odometer.
I don’t think anybody will argue: used cars are cheaper than new cars. Cars depreciate with very few exceptions. Luxury cars and expensive cars depreciate faster. For me, I still prefer to purchase my vehicles brand new.

...A touring just sold on Cars & Bids for ~$85,000. 3,300 miles (mine is ~4,000). Add $15,000 for SSP & DDP (which you wouldn't fully recover, in reality), which mine has and the sold one didn't, and that's at a $30,000 premium. That's quite a bit for 3 years of free charging and 30 miles on the odometer.
Recent EQS AMG resale: $160K MSRP new, sold with 3200 miles at auction for $106K. Most production luxury cars have similar rapid depreciation.

Honestly, posting a sale publicly after praising the car is a d*ck move with no rhyme or reason on why he’s getting rid of it. When I saw this, I lost a lot of respect for him just because of the presentation.
Sorry you lost respect for me. But respect your feelings immensely and will not criticize your description of what I posted. You own that not me. Actually, for those that know me, and my history with this company for years, I Love the car. However, In my experience for my purposes, EA has been and continues to be a challenge for my use case and purposes of this incredibly intended road tripper. It’s sad that the network has let me down personally on many trips and charging sessions. The car is not the issue here. It’s the infrastructure in the ground today that is the issue. Lastly, in my post, I said I am thinking about selling. I guess I can’t say such things when it’s how I feel. So sorry if I offended you in any way. Not my intention. Truly. Lucid owners should support not criticize each other imho. But if you think I made a d%^# move posting what I do, then so be it. I accept your opinion. In all honestly I love this car and brand, but will not be shy to call out faults when I see them.

Sorry you lost respect for me. But respect your feelings immensely and will not criticize your description of what I posted. You own that not me. Actually, for those that know me, and my history with this company for years, I Love the car. However, In my experience for my purposes, EA has been and continues to be a challenge for my use case and purposes of this incredibly intended road tripper. It’s sad that the network has let me down personally on many trips and charging sessions. The car is not the issue here. It’s the infrastructure in the ground today that is the issue. Lastly, in my post, I said I am thinking about selling. I guess I can’t say such things when it’s how I feel. So sorry if I offended you in any way. Not my intention. Truly. Lucid owners should support not criticize each other imho. But if you think I made a d%^# move posting what I do, then so be it. I accept your opinion. In all honestly I love this car and brand, but will not be shy to call out faults when I see them.

Calling out faults is fine, I have a long history of doing this in these forums and other public places.

Presentation is everything when you have a strong social media following. Without recognizing the impact when choosing certain words, it’s hard to respect someone who has influencer influence on the market.

You can immediately tell from the responses you received in multiple forums/channels that the verbiage provided fodder against Lucid as a company and vehicle. I’ll be the first person to say that Lucid is a magnet for bad media and defending against a company that has produced something this great and is competing with a strong need for a good reputation is pertinent if we want the company to succeed.

This is where I’m not sure if you’ve grasped the large damage that can be done with the choice of words used.

From your media post and follow ups:

- The CEO is out of touch, so I won’t support him.
- Charging is terrible.
- Depreciation is awful.
- Silence on the quality or any hesitation in getting rid of the car.. or even any emotional tie to getting rid of the car

These all present a terrible image of the car, car value, and company.

It’s hard to not take this as pure negativity when from your response here it isn’t.

That’s why it comes across as a d*ck move. Because it hurts a manufacturers reputation that we’re all supporting and people are talking about it. It’s a gift and a curse on your end to have that ability.

Recent EQS AMG resale: $160K MSRP new, sold with 3200 miles at auction for $106K. Most production luxury cars have similar rapid depreciation.
When I was young and much poorer, I learned I could buy a one or two year old hot sports car for the price of a new so-so car. First car out of university was a two year old amazing 911E with many options. Same price as a new Datsun 240z. It was a value decision for me,and I had a limited budget. Years later a BMW dealer offered me a cool, one year old 733i with sports suspension and five speed, very rare, for less than a new 533i. I asked why: anyone that can afford a 733, can afford it new.

I am a car nut, so having a slightly used car with a few items to address is fun for me. I realize I am very strange, or so my wife reminds me. I also respect @Bobby and others that want to buy new.

When I was young and much poorer, I learned I could buy a one or two year old hot sports car for the price of a new so-so car. First car out of university was a two year old amazing 911E with many options. Same price as a new Datsun 240z. It was a value decision for me,and I had a limited budget. Years later a BMW dealer offered me a cool, one year old 733i with sports suspension and five speed, very rare, for less than a new 533i. I asked why: anyone that can afford a 733, can afford it new.

I am a car nut, so having a slightly used car with a few items to address is fun for me. I realize I am very strange, or so my wife reminds me. I also respect @Bobby and others that want to buy new.
You’re not weird in wanting to buy used. You’re just financially smarter 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back