HC_79

Referral Code AWNJLGKT
Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
IMG_1923.jpeg

Honestly, posting a sale publicly after praising the car is a d*ck move with no rhyme or reason on why he’s getting rid of it. When I saw this, I lost a lot of respect for him just because of the presentation.

He did do a few videos where he praised the car but just couldn't deal with EA. He also stated that the only reason he got the Lucid was to eat up the miles on his regular round trips to Florida. I think this is just a case where the support system Electrify America limits the ability to actually uses the product. Lucid's are great cars but they need reliable destination power above and beyond ones ability to home charge!

Reactions: DBV
He did do a few videos where he praised the car but just couldn't deal with EA. He also stated that the only reason he got the Lucid was to eat up the miles on his regular round trips to Florida. I think this is just a case where the support system Electrify America limits the ability to actually uses the product. Lucid's are great cars but they need reliable destination power above and beyond ones ability to home charge!
Actually, I think it’s more for clicks. If you review his and his family’s channels, you will find that they buy and sell cars very quickly.

Actually, I think it’s more for clicks. If you review his and his family’s channels, you will find that they buy and sell cars very quickly.
And this is why this post annoyed me. It’s negative controversy after praise with no good reason other than attention.

And this is why this post annoyed me. It’s negative controversy after praise with no good reason other than attention.
He didnt say anything bad about the Lucid, He can sell the car if he likes. It's a free country God Bless America! Why is it his fault if anonymous idiots post negative comments on his post? Im only referring to twitter here is there other posts he did Im not aware of?

He didnt say anything bad about the Lucid, He can sell the car if he likes. It's a free country God Bless America! Why is it his fault if anonymous idiots post negative comments on his post? Im only referring to twitter here is there other posts he did Im not aware of?
Without providing a reason, the default assumption of people is going to lean heavily into something is wrong with the vehicle. It’s going to default to negatively. Anyone with a social media presence would know that.

If it wasn’t tailored as an attention post, a reason would concretely summarize why without the need for speculation.

Without providing a reason, the default assumption of people is going to lean heavily into something is wrong with the vehicle. It’s going to default to negatively. Anyone with a social media presence would know that.

If it wasn’t tailored as an attention post, a reason would concretely summarize why without the need for speculation.
I disagree, you are the one projecting that this is only because the car is bad and therefore he is being negative towards Lucid. He is not being negative. He and his son buy and sell EV's and do YouTube reviews everyone in the EV world for the past decade knows manufacturers of EVs do not do longterm press cars like the old ICE manufacturers do so if you want to review an EV in depth you have to buy it dose not matter if your a YT Ch. or Car& Driver. But having members on this form post treads with headings like "This ownership was short lived ....." just create negativity and add to the projection that the car is bad

I disagree, you are the one projecting that this is only because the car is bad and therefore he is being negative towards Lucid. He is not being negative. He and his son buy and sell EV's and do YouTube reviews everyone in the EV world for the past decade knows manufacturers of EVs do not do longterm press cars like the old ICE manufacturers do so if you want to review an EV in depth you have to buy it dose not matter if your a YT Ch. or Car& Driver. But having members on this form post treads with headings like "This ownership was short lived ....." just create negativity and add to the projection that the car is bad

I don’t think you pay attention to social media, or read the responses he’s getting. I live in reality as do many others in the forum..

I mean, his post even brings up low resale value. Please man..

Even better yet:

@blueice89 ? Thoughts?

Last edited:
I don’t think you pay attention to social media, or read the responses he’s getting. I live in reality as do many others in the forum..

I mean, his post even brings up low resale value. Please man..

Even better yet:

@blueice89 ? Thoughts?
He states a simple fact the current resale value sucks. So what, why do you care? Are you looking flip your car? It's just a fact. He's not suggesting it should have a low value or arguing it.
It just currently has a low resale value that's a FACT & I don't care Im not selling at least not yet...

Who cares if you own and 💕 the car like I do. I have my gripes, and I've taken it to service 3x since I got it in March '23. It's still the best car I've ever owned or driven. I guarantee 90%+ of actual owners' feel the same. They're just not as vocal. #golucid

Who cares if you own and 💕 the car like I do. I have my gripes, and I've taken it to service 3x since I got it in March '23. It's still the best car I've ever owned or driven. I guarantee 90%+ of actual owners' feel the same. They're just not as vocal. #golucid
I agree! Happy owners rarely post but rather use the forum as a extended active owners manual :cool: But a vocal unhappy 10% can build a very negative community.

I agree! Happy owners rarely post but rather use the forum as a extended active owners manual :cool: But a vocal unhappy 10% can build a very negative community.
The power of social media and influencer marketing is real in these days, especially YouTube where old school will go for "validity and facts." Hell, I go to it to promote my current businesses because I know it works, and I get better KPIs than traditional media. But regarding this company, this car, and their tech, nothing is more powerful than word of mouth, and I do it everyday.

I've told y'all time and time again out these disingenuous "Out of Spec" dudes! They trashed Lucid for over a year in a sneaky/sly way and I called it months ago.

He bought the car for content and clicks and some of y'all bought right into their nonsense! I hope he sells it!

everyone in the EV world for the past decade knows manufacturers of EVs do not do longterm press cars like the old ICE manufacturers do so if you want to review an EV in depth you have to buy it dose not matter if your a YT Ch. or Car& Driver. But having members on this form post treads with headings like "This ownership was short lived ....." just create negativity and add to the projection that the car is bad
I am glad that the EV manufacturers are not providing press cars. There is a reason, a good reason, why Consumer Reports buys its test cars and doesn't even let the dealership know that it is selling to CR. This is the best way to get a car that is similar to what we as consumers would get.

Dude changes cars more often that he changes his underwear.

But he's not wrong about the resale values. My plan was to drive my Touring for about a year and then get a Rivian.

I got access to the Rivian store and can get it earlier, but if I see the Lucid now, I'd probably take a $30k loss.

Why would anyone get a new AT at current prices?

Dude changes cars more often that he changes his underwear.

But he's not wrong about the resale values. My plan was to drive my Touring for about a year and then get a Rivian.

I got access to the Rivian store and can get it earlier, but if I see the Lucid now, I'd probably take a $30k loss.

Why would anyone get a new AT at current prices?
To support the company with sales. That's why I kept my Touring reservation. I also plan to keep my car for a long time so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back