Things you wished you asked on delivery...

TCGT

Cars
Grand Touring
Most of the Delivery Advisors have seen and used the list prior to actually delivering the car so they will most likely take you through it point by point. I would recommend you go through the list and then you and the DA exit the car with the fob and walk away and see how long it takes to lock itself automatically and how far away you have to walk. Then approach the car and see at what distance it automatically unlocks and how long it then takes to boot up. You could then do it again with your phone if you are also going to use it as a key and leave the fob somewhere out of range. For me personally the locking/unlocking works very well and I am not bothered at all by the boot up time but you might want to check it for yourself as others on this forum are not happy with it.

Most of the Delivery Advisors have seen and used the list prior to actually delivering the car so they will most likely take you through it point by point. I would recommend you go through the list and then you and the DA exit the car with the fob and walk away and see how long it takes to lock itself automatically and how far away you have to walk. Then approach the car and see at what distance it automatically unlocks and how long it then takes to boot up. You could then do it again with your phone if you are also going to use it as a key and leave the fob somewhere out of range. For me personally the locking/unlocking works very well and I am not bothered at all by the boot up time but you might want to check it for yourself as others on this forum are not happy with it.
Thank you...that is very helpful!

We had to take delivery at the studio. If not, would have used a hose to check the auto wipers, seriously. They have not worked and are on the list for the follow up visit next week.

We had to take delivery at the studio. If not, would have used a hose to check the auto wipers, seriously. They have not worked and are on the list for the follow up visit next week.
I doubt anyone has thought of that...thank you.

no one wants to check the wipers on their freshly detailed car :(

Be careful with that launch mode. You don't want to permanently indent the driver's seat with your body profile on the first day, do you? But seriously, have fun!

The checklist created by many (including @SaratogaLefty) and added to by @hydbob here https://lucidowners.com/threads/about-to-take-delivery-of-your-new-air-check-these-items-first.1826/
is a great starting point for taking delivery, but...is there anything that new owners wished they asked or checked that was not on this list?

I'm about to take delivery (Thursday), and reviewing my questions for Ed who is coming from Goose Island. Please add anything you wished you had asked!
How did this go? Wondering if they will also send Ed for my delivery in Edina.

How did this go? Wondering if they will also send Ed for my delivery in Edina.
Went well, though didn’t really get thru checklist n the 90 mins we had. Betting it is Ed that comes but can’t be sure. He’s good. My only advice is don’t spend too much time on things you can learn later.

how do you turn it off? where is the window sticker (needed that for insurance-based on help from this forum, found it below the cover in the bottom trunk).

Went well, though didn’t really get thru checklist n the 90 mins we had. Betting it is Ed that comes but can’t be sure. He’s good. My only advice is don’t spend too much time on things you can learn later.
What do you mean "in the 90 min we had"? Did the Lucid host put a limit on the time he would be there? I was planning to spend a couple of hours at least going over the car at my delivery with my extensive checklist. He's trying to get you to sign off on the delivery, so if one refuses to sign off, what's he going to do?

What do you mean "in the 90 min we had"? Did the Lucid host put a limit on the time he would be there? I was planning to spend a couple of hours at least going over the car at my delivery with my extensive checklist. He's trying to get you to sign off on the delivery, so if one refuses to sign off, what's he going to do?
My Lucid hosts were willing to stay as long as it took to answer all my questions. I ran out of questions right about 90 minutes, though.

Anyone know if the dream drive Pro cares over to a new Air if say you got into an accident or traded in for a higher/lower model after having been bought?

Anyone know if the dream drive Pro cares over to a new Air if say you got into an accident or traded in for a higher/lower model after having been bought?
Doubt it since DDPro actually includes hardware

Like Tesla’s FSD, DDPro seems to be attached to the car, not the driver. So a person buying a used Air will get the DDPro transferred to them. But the original buyer will have to fork out the cash again when they buy a new Lucid. Probably at a higher price.

Interesting you'd think it would be like a license assigned to you that gets keyed into your fob and when you sell or lose your car then it gets attached to a new fob or turned off if you move on. I can't see people forking out 10k every time if they stick with Lucid going forward for their car needs.

Interesting you'd think it would be like a license assigned to you that gets keyed into your fob and when you sell or lose your car then it gets attached to a new fob or turned off if you move on. I can't see people forking out 10k every time if they stick with Lucid going forward for their car needs.
Well, even if they did attach the license, the hardware stays with the car....

Yes but if the hardware is built into each car from the factory and then just needs a license to unlock then I can this method working for everyone and they go to reseller the car the next person has to pay the 10k while you carry your license to your next Lucid if you were to continue the brand.

The hardware isn't built in to every car. This isn't Tesla. Upgrading to DD Pro gets you the hardware and the software. Lidar isn't cheap, so there's no reason for Lucid to include the hardware in every car.

Back