The API shows a value named "battery health level". What is it?

AltadenaAir

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Grand Touring
I love the Home Assistant integration (thanks for all who contributed!)

One of the values that is reported (and can be graphed) is something called "Battery health level". Mine reports at 96.2%.

Thing is, I had my battery replaced a couple of weeks ago, but the HA historical data shows it was reporting that same (or similar) value from way before the battery reported it was sick.

My naive guess is that a metric with this name would have something to do with how many modules report perfect voltages or something similar. But then it makes little sense that the value was unaffected when my battery became sick or that my new battery has the same value.

Ideas? Direct knowledge?

I love the Home Assistant integration (thanks for all who contributed!)

One of the values that is reported (and can be graphed) is something called "Battery health level". Mine reports at 96.2%.

Thing is, I had my battery replaced a couple of weeks ago, but the HA historical data shows it was reporting that same (or similar) value from way before the battery reported it was sick.

My naive guess is that a metric with this name would have something to do with how many modules report perfect voltages or something similar. But then it makes little sense that the value was unaffected when my battery became sick or that my new battery has the same value.

Ideas? Direct knowledge?
Nobody is exactly sure. At one point, we thought it was related to degradation but we were later told it’s not.

We don’t know. Anyone that tells you they do and doesn’t work for Lucid is just speculating.

My understanding is that over time battery cells get out of balance and need to go through a protocol to rebalance them. I'm wondering if this has something to do with that, since @Bobby has information that it's not about degradation.

It's odd, though, that they would label it "battery health", because that might sound more ominous to many owners than labeling it as the metric it actually is . . . whatever that is.

I recently had a mobile technician test my battery health while performing another service. He connected to the car using Ethernet, worked with someone from engineering, and collected a bunch of diagnostics. He confirmed that the battery health is indeed at 95.5%, which is within spec and not unusual for my 3-month-old car. I don’t know exactly how this percentage is calculated and whether it excludes the reserves, but I wanted to share that the API number and the diagnostics they performed showed the same numbers.

My understanding is that over time battery cells get out of balance and need to go through a protocol to rebalance them. I'm wondering if this has something to do with that, since @Bobby has information that it's not about degradation.

It's odd, though, that they would label it "battery health", because that might sound more ominous to many owners than labeling it as the metric it actually is . . . whatever that is.
To be clear, I didn’t say it’s not about degradation… I think it actually is… We are just not privy to the calculations and the accuracy of the number.

For most of the recent battery replacements, Lucid is using refurbished modules from prior battery replacements. My service center told me that the replacement battery is selected to have very similar degradation to the battery being replaced. Hence, you will only see a slight change.

For most of the recent battery replacements, Lucid is using refurbished modules from prior battery replacements. My service center told me that the replacement battery is selected to have very similar degradation to the battery being replaced. Hence, you will only see a slight change.
Remanufactured, not refurbished. Important distinction.

Back