QUESTION Thanksgiving. Busy travel days.

Are you taking an EV for Thanksgiving traveling?

• Yes. Time and EA is a human construct. I am beyond such concerns.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No. I'm in charge of the Turkey.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kerplunk

As the title suggests, I'm curious which one of us are traveling by car and taking the Lucid or any EV?

Who amongst us dares to take on EA and every other EV on one of the busiest travel days of the year?

As the title suggests, I'm curious which one of us are traveling by car and taking the Lucid or any EV?

Who amongst us dares to take on EA and every other EV on one of the busiest travel days of the year?
Traveling 400+ miles from Sacramento area to Santa Barbera. Hoping to avoid lines and issues with leaving Tuesday morning. Should only need 1 stop w/ GT on 20’s.

Traveling 400+ miles from Sacramento area to Santa Barbera. Hoping to avoid lines and issues with leaving Tuesday morning. Should only need 1 stop w/ GT on 20’s.

Really love this car for those long drives and that extra range comes in handy.

A friend and his GV60 is doing a 220 mi drive the day before for some real "Are you not entertained energy?" Got me curious for people here.

I’m leaving tomorrow. To avoid traffic; not because I’m worried about charging. Headed to Santa Fe, NM. 419 miles. So I should only have to charge once.

I am planning to leave to Vegas Nov 22nd, but under some advice from @Adnillien I plan to just take my Tesla Model Y because I am slightly worried that EA won't be working or it will be jammed from Arizona to Las Vegas. I wish I had more confidence in EA, but at least with Tesla I know its going to be relatively worry less.

According to Plugshare, at least one Kingman charger is broken and there are long lines. I am traveling with my parents so I am driving ICE to Las Vegas on Wednesday. If I was by myself or just with my wife, I would be driving Air.

We are driving the Navigator. My wife likes it better for road trips and no charger worries. :)

I predict that EA will be a sh*tshow!

IMG_1132.gif

Traveled from East Bay to Orange County yesterday. I lined up at Kettleman City to charge up and have lunch. Besides lined up for 15 minutes, EA charging was smooth. I stopped by EA at Santa Clarita to top off 80% for the next few days. I encountered EA didn't take plug-and-charge. Plug in the car, initial authentication failed. EA screen shown unplug and replug to start charging. After two unplug and replug, the Lucid app pop up on the phone asking to authenticate charging through the app. After authentication through the app, charging went pretty smooth.

Shortly after my AT start charging, a Porsche arrived and parked attempted to charge at the next stall to our. Plug-and-charge failed for the charge as well. It appeared that plug-and-charge didn't work at the Santa Clarita EA.

San Diego to Casa Grande, AZ. Taking the Lucid back for a visit in its birth city. Planning Yuma for first charge and Dateland for potty break charge. 🤞 Yuma is not packed and I can get a charge in with relatively short wait to charge.

Eh, makes sense. I would prefer it too if it was electric! That is never happening in the short term though...
"An electric counterpart to the Navigator will arrive by 2026, riding on the next-generation Ford F-150 Lightning's dedicated EV truck platform."

According to Car and Driver

I will have to "put-up with" my DE and Hummer until then! :eek: ;)

Have several relatives to pick-up at airport, train station, elderly parents at continuous dying facility, but I'm in charge of the turkey.
Question is, do I let the son, a Miata-driving engineer who grows plants (Gotham Greens) take the Lucid, since I'm doing the bird ?

Do you folk let family members drive your Lucid ? IN TG traffic ?

{full disclosure: had the car over a year and just recently let the wife drive it... with me supervising.}

Had not considered the lines at chargers for those on longer trips. Wow. You folk woke me up. Thanks for making me think about this.

Charging now in Trinidad, CO on my way to Santa Fe. Working fine. No one else here.

This one charge will get me to my hotel, no problem.

Traveled from East Bay to Orange County yesterday. I lined up at Kettleman City to charge up and have lunch. Besides lined up for 15 minutes, EA charging was smooth. I stopped by EA at Santa Clarita to top off 80% for the next few days. I encountered EA didn't take plug-and-charge. Plug in the car, initial authentication failed. EA screen shown unplug and replug to start charging. After two unplug and replug, the Lucid app pop up on the phone asking to authenticate charging through the app. After authentication through the app, charging went pretty smooth.

Shortly after my AT start charging, a Porsche arrived and parked attempted to charge at the next stall to our. Plug-and-charge failed for the charge as well. It appeared that plug-and-charge didn't work at the Santa Clarita EA.
What time did you hit Kettleman city? On Sunday at 1:10 pm the wait was 1 hour. 2 of 10 chargers were not working. In Santa Clarita Plug and charge worked but 1 charger was unavailable.

Traveling to Indianapolis on Friday and back on Monday. I believe will be 2-3 stops each way. My first cooler weather trip. Lifetime avg of 3.7. Glad the OTA update arrived the end of last week. I want to check out how well it manages recommended charging stops In nav. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Back