QUESTION Thanksgiving. Busy travel days.

Are you taking an EV for Thanksgiving traveling?

• Yes. Time and EA is a human construct. I am beyond such concerns.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No. I'm in charge of the Turkey.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a head's up for those trying to drive to/from AZ to CA on I10. The EA chargers at Quartzsite, AZ, according to the EA app, are all in use with one charger out of service for maintenance. It's been that way all day. This is a critical EA charging location, especially for cars with lower range.

Just a head's up for those trying to drive to/from AZ to CA on I10. The EA chargers at Quartzsite, AZ, according to the EA app, are all in use with one charger out of service for maintenance. It's been that way all day. This is a critical EA charging location, especially for cars with lower range.
Yes, Kingman and Quartzsite are the two most important AZ sites. In defense of EA, at least they are trying to place sites to enable road trips where EVGo and others focus on cities where it is easier and cheaper to maintain. I think this is one of the reasons that EA cannot maintain these sites, they do not have the service technicians and parts near their charging sites.

Traveling to Indianapolis on Friday and back on Monday. I believe will be 2-3 stops each way. My first cooler weather trip. Lifetime avg of 3.7. Glad the OTA update arrived the end of last week. I want to check out how well it manages recommended charging stops In nav. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
I am not sure if you are taking 80 west or PA turnpike 76. If PA turnpike then avoid Carlisle PA stop. It has been a long wait for me one time during regular middle of the day trip. I think Bedford should be better option.

I am going to the LA Auto show on Thursday then will have dinner with the family, can't wait to see the Gravity, Lucid started to offer test drives in the LA Auto show

I am not sure if you are taking 80 west or PA turnpike 76. If PA turnpike then avoid Carlisle PA stop. It has been a long wait for me one time during regular middle of the day trip. I think Bedford should be better option.
Thanks. Bedford was recommended by PlugShare as well. With 81 and 76 converging at Carlisle I am not surprised. Happy Thanksgiving.

I am going to the LA Auto show on Thursday then will have dinner with the family, can't wait to see the Gravity, Lucid started to offer test drives in the LA Auto show
To clarify, test drives of the Air, not Gravity.

Last year, I remember somebody put a whole spatchcooked turkey and fit it in their frunk. Anybody doing that this year?
No. But I did manage to fit a Rabbit Air purifier in the lower frunk. With room to spare for my tripod and a few other smaller items.

Should have taken a pic. Those things aren’t small.

I'm a little concerned about EA capacity on the drive back from NH to DC on Saturday. I guess we'll keep a watchful eye on the EA app to see what's what.

The Tesla chargers are busy in wickenburg we will see how kingman is…
IMG_2021.jpeg

The Tesla chargers are busy in wickenburg we will see how kingman is…
View attachment 16586
How’s that possible? I thought Tesla chargers were perfect and wonderful, and there was never any wait and the air smelled of roses and lavender?

How’s that possible? I thought Tesla chargers were perfect and wonderful, and there was never any wait and the air smelled of roses and lavender?
Jeez, maybe that will be the factor that will KILL Lucid! Sell your stocks NOW!

Five if six Rivian chargers were free in Kingman. I saw that while eating lunch. I did not drive past the EA chargers.
When I went to Vegas for Lucid meet up, I passed by Kingman, it seems to me that Rivian station close to EA was newly installed. Rivian ended all the complimentary charging to its owners and just started charging RAN 2 weeks ago. I have no doubt Rivian will open to all CCS EVs sometimes 2024~2025. Rivian is aiming to deploy 600 RAN stations and 3500 dispensers by end of 2024, they are ramping up fast in the last 3 months in CCS chargers deployment. Supposedly, Rivian should be in NACS sometimes in 2024 Q1/Q2.

The couple of times I reached an EA charger that was busy I actually had good experiences. There is alway someone there wanting to learn about the Lucid Air and we start talking. After a quick conversation, a charger becomes open then everyone is polite and tries to be fair on who is next. Anyway the time passes by fast as the interactions happen. And, I am always eager to talk about how happy I am with my Touring.

So enjoy the holidays and driving your beast!

Back